DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022 - THREAD 2

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

All I can say is that Dax is obviously someone talking to all parties and even for an opinionated guy, that’s a hell of a thing to say if Khan or Punk wouldn’t want him to say it.

TBH if anything FTR has rightfully earned the rep as possibly being glue guys backstage that either one can say something and not catch flak.

• Like 4

I have a personal, insane, pet theory about people on message boards who give the most shit to specific wrestlers/promotors/promotions: They are the wrestlers/promotors themselves, intentionally making arguments about how bad they are, in hopes of creating an outpouring of support for themselves and/or taking the arguments people make in their defense and utilizing them for their own ends. I love to imagine TK posting about flagging ratings surely meaning the end of AEW any day now, only to have people pick his numbers apart, which he then takes and lays out for his investors. This is, of course, the Fat Spanish Waiter theorem. It's all a work, man, we're through the looking glass etc etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, The Idiot King said:

I have a personal, insane, pet theory about people on message boards who give the most shit to specific wrestlers/promotors/promotions: They are the wrestlers/promotors themselves, intentionally making arguments about how bad they are, in hopes of creating an outpouring of support for themselves and/or taking the arguments people make in their defense and utilizing them for their own ends. I love to imagine TK posting about flagging ratings surely meaning the end of AEW any day now, only to have people pick his numbers apart, which he then takes and lays out for his investors. This is, of course, the Fat Spanish Waiter theorem. It's all a work, man, we're through the looking glass etc etc.

You know what, this explains why @The Natural has a Venice Beach IP

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, The Idiot King said:

Some people can just accept that discussion doesn't always have to be one-sided on a message board

Otherwise you're no better than the TNAMecca founder who faked his own death instead of admitting that his years of riding TNA's dick and banning "negative" posters were a complete waste

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Idiot King said:

Username checks out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Well, I mean Randy Couture was suing or about take legal action against UFC right before he agreed to fight out the rest of his deal and fight Brock. Shit like that happens. I don't think it's like Punk/Cabana for example where it's end of relationship for good territory.

While you make a good argument, I have to respectfully disagree on that last point - I think it's *exactly* like the Punk/Cabana issue (which, ironically enough, my phone really wanted to correct to 'Pink/Canada') solely for the reason that Punk is again involved. I'd love if they could talk him down, just get in a room, and make it happen, but historically speaking...

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

While you make a good argument, I have to respectfully disagree on that last point - I think it's *exactly* like the Punk/Cabana issue (which, ironically enough, my phone really wanted to correct to 'Pink/Canada') solely for the reason that Punk is again involved. I'd love if they could talk him down, just get in a room, and make it happen, but historically speaking...

I think though the Cabana thing was something that started out as Punk vs. WWE and ended up as something nasty towards his best friend. A lot of it played out in public for everyone to hear. What do we really know about Punk's current relationship with AEW or Tony Khan that isn't rumor or speculation? 

• Like 2

So two things stick out from that Dax rundown...

1. Sure doesn't sound like he hates AEW as much as some posters were claiming lol. Talking about trying to set wrestling up for the future. How AEW can do something special with all 4 in the locker room. That sure doesn't sound like a guy that is counting down the minutes of his deal to go back to WWE like the old Dolphman claimed. Awkward.

2. I'm with Dax here. I love that someone in the company finally said it out loud. There was a nasty incident. But this is soemthing that can be worked through. If The Bucks & Kenny actually care about AEW the company more than themselves as performers, they owe it to the company to try and get on the same page and not lose Punk. On the other side of the coin, I hope Punk can see this is a situation where he was also an asshole. He's not a victim with no blame. For as mad as he was about Hangman's line, him calling out Hangman going against the script was equally bad.

Basically I just hope Punk realizes he's turned into the thing he hated. He's 2005 HBK / HHH punching down at the younger guy that just worked Sunday Night Heat. Hangman has a bright future and you shouldn't just write him off after this hiccup like they did to Punk. And I hope The Elite put the promotion before their personal feelings. If they're really EVPs and actually care about this thing they created they nee to realize sometimes you gotta put the brand before yourself.

• Like 15

Sammy really needs to change things up with his look, and character. I compared him many times to a young Sean Waltman, and now he’s verging on the point of just being a permanent obnoxious hanger on like X-Pac. Maybe this is his best role, and he can’t make it past a point, however people will hate this more than ever before the longer it goes.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Sammy really needs to change things up with his look, and character. I compared him many times to a young Sean Waltman, and now he’s verging on the point of just being a permanent obnoxious hanger on like X-Pac. Maybe this is his best role, and he can’t make it past a point, however people will hate this more than ever before the longer it goes.

Bring back the panda hat?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Bring back the panda hat?

Hat wars with Hager.

...which reminds that Utami Hayashishita had that same hat on Hager wears at the Stardom trios presser. Now that I think about it, in the presser with KAIRI, she was dressed like a female Vice Lord with the puffy faux fur coat and that's a pretty interesting style choice for a 24 year old woman from Japan.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FourPostMassacre said:

The gimmick that keeps on giving! 

My favorite part about these TK haters is they use info that is the literal definition of grasping at straws and even then they have to twist it to make him look like the bad guy in the situation. 

If Tony Khan had not said anything in response to Swole the same people would be on here talking about how he is weak for letting ex employees talk shit about him and not responding. 

I mean it’s nice not to have a forum full of TK dick riders but at least come with some valid criticisms. Maybe try watching some highlights or something like a promo Joe compilation or botchamania since the product is too hard for you to stomach in it’s normal form.

Complete and utter nonsense because people still took that route with Swole after she and Khan made their comments. Many fans also targeted her comments for claiming Tony Khan was racist even though she never even said that.

• Like 3

We love and miss the late great Mr. Brodie Lee. My three:

• Mr Brodie Lee vs. Cody. AEW Dynamite, 7th October 2020. *****.
  • Cody vs. Mr Brodie Lee. AEW Dynamite, 22nd August 2020.
  • Mr. Brodie Lee and the Dark Order skits on Being the Elite. All hilarious. Paper!!!
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, matt925 said:

This is very un-newsworthy but I believe this is the first time I’ve ever seen someone in the wild refer to a brawl with a generic “aew” instead of the standard “wwe”. 

The botched bump from the counter top was very czw also!

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

We love and miss the late great Mr. Brodie Lee. My three:

• Mr Brodie Lee vs. Cody. AEW Dynamite, 7th October 2020. *****.
  • Cody vs. Mr Brodie Lee. AEW Dynamite, 22nd August 2020.
  • Mr. Brodie Lee and the Dark Order skits on Being the Elite. All hilarious. Paper!!!

“We got chilis!!!” And the bathroom mirror are all time classics. So funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, matt925 said:

“We got chilis!!!” And the bathroom mirror are all time classics. So funny. 

Those and:

"I have an 8 year old. My 8 year old's not a fucking idiot."

The Sue skit when Mr. Brodie Lee breaks character laughing at Sue fucking up the papers throw is my favourite of them all. "You better fall the fuck down for Sue!"

Enjoy:

Poignant how on Mr. Brodie Lee's final appearance on these, he respects John Silver who is normally the whipping boy.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Complete and utter nonsense because people still took that route with Swole after she and Khan made their comments. Many fans also targeted her comments for claiming Tony Khan was racist even though she never even said that.

Knew their was one last gimmick I forgot to put on ignore.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xijwdk2kidfpf3jjbq

• Like 5
  • Haha 1