DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So per TMZ - Ronda Rousey had her hand slammed in a car door while filming 9-1-1 which lead to slicing off the tip of her ring finger and "severe damage" to her middle finger. (No - I am not going to post the photo)

The middle finger required screws and bolts implanted

On the upside, now she can use the asiatic spike as a finisher if she ever comes back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - the reason Vince wasn't at RAW and why he won't be at Smackdown is because of the big XFL announcement on Wednesday (they are at a minimum announcing the team names but expect other news there)

I already saw the big announcement.  Landry Jones got signed! 

• Haha 2

Heyman booked a segment where Justin Credible interrupted Tommy Dreamer’s fathers ten bell salute(But I believe Tommy’s dad had been for awhile). So he’s been up for using the dead. Remember he killed off Al Wilson too. Although, Eddie was barely six feet under when Vince booked a segment where Randy Orton crashed “Eddie’s Low-Rider” through the Smackdown set. So Vince wins the sleaze game.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

28 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't know, according to some poster here a monthish ago the Al Wilson stuff was highly entertaining, not tasteless. I would post-dive and find out who but for some reason I can't stop laughing. 

That would be most of the board back then, including Dean, who made comics about it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't know, according to some poster here a monthish ago the Al Wilson stuff was highly entertaining, not tasteless. I would post-dive and find out who but for some reason I can't stop laughing. 

Well I never said it wasn’t entertaining with that post. Tasteless sure, but never not entertaining. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So per TMZ - Ronda Rousey had her hand slammed in a car door while filming 9-1-1 which lead to slicing off the tip of her ring finger and "severe damage" to her middle finger. (No - I am not going to post the photo)

The middle finger required screws and bolts implanted

I saw the pic on accident. That was disturbing to say the least. I'm kind of impressed Rousey looked mildy annoyed opposed to still be screaming in pain. Also how the hell can thing be reattached. I mean good for her, but damn was that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

How dare you besmirch the comedy gold of the Dawn Marie/Al Wilson angle. It hit all the right levels of absurd. 

Al: “Wait, you’ve only been sleeping with me to get my daughter into bed? Well.... ah fuck it, I’ll marry you anyway!

*Proceeds to die of sexing on the Honeymoon*

There are two types of shitty wrestling skits. Those that are bad, and those that are so bad they are good. That entire angle was 100% the 2nd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I saw people saying "total Vince move" about the dead wrestler stuff and I was like no... I could see Heyman doing it too.  Honestly,  I don't know a wrestling promoter that wouldn't do it. 

I don't think we'll see it from AEW.

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Remember Randy and Rey?

I'm not going to get into a debate over believing in heaven and hell or not, but I'm pretty sure Eddie isn't in hell. Benoit on the other hand...

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Was it believed that Ronda's wrestling career was over?  I know there was this thing about her maybe starting a family but then I read about her doing TV.   Did she ever officially retire? 

She’s under contract with Wwe through early 2021, so they have to give permission for her to do anything, but they had the agreement that she would work full time for a year and then take a break. The family stuff became known through Dave but she probably had it clear with them as well that she would pursue acting. But say she tried to fight in ufc again (I know) Wwe would have to give permission. There is probably still the idea she could come in for special occasions like mania. She hasn’t announced any retirement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I could see Mjeff doing something shitty.

I could if Cody wasn't one of the main people behind AEW. It wouldn't surprise me if WWE had a tasteless angle in mind after Dusty's passing with Cody flat out refusing. Dustin, I could possibly see having done an angle playing off Dusty's death, but not Cody.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie