DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The gun shooting? Hanging with George Dubya? 

If Heyman saw the nuclear heat Colby Covington got walking into the Honda Center this past weekend just as a spectator, he will be repackaged and wear a MAGA hat everywhere.

3 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I was with you till you said Lince Dorado was better then Kalisto then you completely lost me.

You're probably right. Kalisto has just been far more prominent on WWE programming and as such has had far more opportunities to be annoying.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If Heyman saw the nuclear heat Colby Covington got walking into the Honda Center this past weekend just as a spectator, he will be repackaged and wear a MAGA hat everywhere.

For real though, the second people start touching that hot stove is the second that we have confirmation Bischoff or Heyman have real power. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only think of one match of Kalisto’s that I remember thinking was worth watching was the Mania pre-show match with Ryback. That’s fucking it. Mascara Dorada/Metalik has never gotten a chance in the WWE, but he did have a year in New Japan, and that didn’t turn out anything special honestly. His best work is still CMLL.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

47 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

You're probably right. Kalisto has just been far more prominent on WWE programming and as such has had far more opportunities to be annoying.

That’s fair. I will say Kalisto actively got a good match out of Corbin though, and the number of people who can make that claim is pretty damn tiny.

Kalisto has been solid on 205Live, just forgettable when damn near everyone else is already solid-great. The matches with Ryback are odd in that they are probably Kalisto's best matches in WWE, but Ryback was probably the better guy int hem, especially since he had to save Kalisto from killing himself once or twice in them.

Technically Kalisto's best match was probably the three way tag ladder match where it was the Usos/New Day/Lucha Dragons

But that is also 6 (7 if you count New Day as a trio) guys to pick up the slack

Still - the "known" thing from the match was a Kalisto move

YvE60W.gif

• Like 4

Per Meltzer - the reason Vince wasn't at RAW and why he won't be at Smackdown is because of the big XFL announcement on Wednesday (they are at a minimum announcing the team names but expect other news there)

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Daniel Bryan vs. Buddy Murphy tonight!!!

...Providing Vince McMahon doesn't do a rewrite.

Missed that Vince won;t be there tonight part from RIPPA, didn't you?

So per TMZ - Ronda Rousey had her hand slammed in a car door while filming 9-1-1 which lead to slicing off the tip of her ring finger and "severe damage" to her middle finger. (No - I am not going to post the photo)

The middle finger required screws and bolts implanted

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So per TMZ - Ronda Rousey had her hand slammed in a car door while filming 9-1-1 which lead to slicing off the tip of her ring finger and "severe damage" to her middle finger. (No - I am not going to post the photo)

The middle finger required screws and bolts implanted

Was Larry Zbyszko spotted near the set?

• Haha 3