DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well here's something unexpected to see in Rolling Stone...

Roiling Stone - Teddy Hart

Man, Teddy's always been an asshole, but he sure seems to have cemented himself a spot in the Sleaze Hall of Fame.

Also, I completely forgot about it (it is almost half my life ago now...), but that fucking CM Punk livejournal post.  From the music update ("soundtrack of my life....Hatebreed with a bit of 50 Cent...") onward, that whole thing is a goddamn time capsule.  I had really managed to forget there was a point where you couldn't go anywhere in the IWC without running headlong into "There is no god, and the cage wasn't 30 feet" memes.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Someone should go back and put an asterisk next to every result where one or both participants of the pro wrestling match was taking steroids. If they start now they might finish by 2019 or so.

I think if you used the super-strict guidelines that the athletic commissions do, it would look like:

WWE 1963-Present*

• Like 2

That color scheme on Punk's journal...my eyes. There is one good thing in there. I think it was in the sleeze thread many years ago. The story about him at a Harley Race BBQ and Harley trying to remember the Ultimate Warrior's name but he kept calling him the F****t Indian. Harley's drunken slurs aside, Harley Race's BBQ should be a show on the WWE Network.

Have him tell stories while someone makes a steak or what ever on the grill. Easiest show ever to make.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

That color scheme on Punk's journal...my eyes. There is one good thing in there. I think it was in the sleeze thread many years ago. The story about him at a Harley Race BBQ and Harley trying to remember the Ultimate Warrior's name but he kept calling him the F****t Indian. Harley's drunken slurs aside, Harley Race's BBQ should be a show on the WWE Network.

Have him tell stories while someone makes a steak or what ever on the grill. Easiest show ever to make.

I am really surprised how much easy content the WWE just doesn't seem interested in making. How hard is it to do what RF Video does but pg it and then add in the video you own the rights to. Or some sort of fans ask questions show.

So apparently 53 ex WWE wrestlers have sued the company because of concussion like previous lawsuits that have gone nowhere.  The funny thing is that one of them is Jimmy Snuka.  I know his brain is fried from all the drugs, injuries, and whatever else is going on there but he does realize that this is the same legal team that saved his ass from certain jail many years ago.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds him

Some of the things in the lawsuit are comical.

Like it has "Chavo Guerrero Jr - known for working at WrestleMania and in No DQ matches"

And it claims that Ahmed Johnson was "the first black WWE Champion"

And I don't think the WWE will have a hard time defending this one when you have things like this

33 minutes ago, offspring515 said:

Guys claiming they worked 10 WWE shows a day too.

Like WWE is guilty of lots of stuff and there may be merit to parts of this lawsuit, but carnies gots to carny and they end up fucking it up with their tall tale bullshit.

Maybe they were like Hulk Hogan and they traveled back and forth over the International Date Line so much that they actually worked 500 days a year.

• Like 5

I love the Hebners trying to get in on the deal.

Mind you Earl is still working in the business

Meltzer is all "Well they are still bitter about the way they were fired". Oh I'm sorry that the company you worked for caught you stealing their merch and selling it on your own.

• Like 2