DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Complain about Cena being the top guy.

Complain about Roman Reigns being the top guy.

Cena drops down to a part time schedule. 

Roman is demoted. 

Complain about Finn Balor as a top guy.

Complain about Seth Rollins as a top guy. 

Complain that nobody new is being pushed.

Ambrose is pushed. Dolph is pushed. Balor is pushed.  Rollins is pushed.

Complain about both title matches.

• Like 9

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Complain about Cena being the top guy.

Complain about Roman Reigns being the top guy.

Cena drops down to a part time schedule. 

Roman is demoted. 

Complain about Finn Balor as a top guy.

Complain about Seth Rollins as a top guy. 

This is a patently terrible post because it assumes a DVDVR hive mind. 

This might sound nuts, but some people here (including me) liked Cena as a top guy and liked Roman as a top guy. 

It also assumes that these are the only options for top guys. What if you want to see Kevin Owens, top guy or AJ Styles, top guy over any of the four guys you mentioned? Personally, I'd prefer to see Owens, Rusev, Styles, Nak, Joe, and Reigns in top three positions on each show. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

This is a patently terrible post because it assumes a DVDVR hive mind. 

That's not my point. My point is that it is impossible for WWE to make everyone happy.  For every person who loves that Seth is being pushed, there will be another who will say "it should have been Cesaro" or some shit.  They are elevating multiple guys at once right now and whether some like it or not, Seth, Balor and Ambrose are all over. I could see an argument if they weren't but they have all received strong reactions.

That sure doesn't look much at all like your point, but okay. If that is your point, that's something we already know because again, fans are not hive minds. 

It does make sense that they're pushing those three guys. That doesn't somehow make them immune from criticism. 

1 minute ago, Smelly McUgly said:

That sure doesn't look much at all like your point, but okay. If that is your point, that's something we already know because again, fans are not hive minds. 

It does make sense that they're pushing those three guys. That doesn't somehow make them immune from criticism. 

I've read more than one post where it's "why is WWE pushing Seth, he's terrible."  Well, people like him.

OK, so that's a different discussion than the one that you were originally having where you listed off a bunch of guys that people are split on to show that...people have different opinions and you can't make everyone happy? Which is just a given. 

I haven't seen anyone question why they're pushing Seth Rollins here, but I could have missed it. I think Rollins deserves the push even though I think he sucks. He's one of the most over guys on the roster. 

Personally, I am really hoping for a Bálor/Rollins double-turn at Summerslam where the Club comes out and helps Bálor. I'll probably never be a Rollins fan because I've never liked him, and sometimes I'm still shocked that somehow Tyler fucking Black is a WWE main eventer, but I think Bálor has a chance to be effective at that level  as a heel. 

As for Ambrose, he's mostly hot garbage in the ring, but he has been over for so long, and I get why people like his fiery babyface character. I bet if you put him against guys like AJ or (hopefully in the fall) Joe, those guys can carry the load in the ring and Ambrose can use his excellent selling and facial expressions to gather sympathy from underneath. 

My biggest issue with the Ambrose-Ziggler match is they've spent over two years giving Ziggy 50/50 booking at best to where a big-time match with him involved means nothing.  They should have built him back up for a few weeks before now.  They knew they were doing the draft.  Finish the Corbin feud quicker, push Corbin toward someone else and get some shine back on Ziggler ASAP.  While I may not be totally convinced about the quality of the match (that has more to do with Ambrose than DZ), if they had done that, at least I can say they were trying with this.  I  don't know if they can do enough to convince most fans to be super-invested in the match with the three weeks they have.

• Like 2

Let me rephrase, smelly. I think my biggest issue with a lot of today's fans are they will say someone like Roman is forced down our throat and it's not working or they need to push new guys and those were valid criticisms of WWE. But then when I see guys like ambrose or Rollins or balor pushed there are still people unhappy with that and again if they weren't receiving reactions it'd make sense. It's like WWE is dumb and stupid unless YOUR guy is at the top. It's crazy. If it were up to me AJ and Rusev would probably be on top of RAW and Smackdown buyou I can still enjoy that they are in prominent positions.

They should have built him back up for a few weeks before now.  They knew they were doing the draft.

Goddamn formatting...

Anyway, Burg, you know full well they don't plan until the day of because Vince. Asking for long-term anything in WWE now is a fool's errand, as evinced by the Draft

I think Miz's often overlooked gift ties in with his biggest weakness: he is at his best when he has another person or object to play off of, but when stuck with nothing like that he often struggles.  He's often great in tag teams, he got both Sandow and Riley white hot, hell he even seems to work better when a belt is involved.  This does require a degree of maintenance as just throwing him out there cold often results in nothing of note but I think he has a wide enough comfort zone where he can be very effective at what he does.

I really don't know if I agree with the statement that The Miz got Damien Sandow over. Sure, he was copying the Miz's gimmick, but I think you stick him with anyone and the result would be the same. The Riley assessment is fair, but I can't agree with the Sandow part. I'm sure others will disagree with me.

11 hours ago, just drew said:

I'm the exact opposite. I'm way more excited for Ziggler and Ambrose, who might actually tell an interesting story, than I am for Captain Flippydo and The Cosplay Kid. I respect them both as athletes, but all the burpees in the world won't make Seth Rollins a compelling personality. I feel like Balor is being rushed to the top to appease the portion of the fanbase that continues to hijack WWE tv with their reactions. I fully admit that this could just be my personal taste. I'm very much not a workrate guy. In fact, I once tried to commission a "Workrate is for virgins" shirt, so maybe I'm not the most objective voice on this...

Which one's the Captain and which one's the Kid?

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic