DVDVR Message Board

RAW - May 16, 2016

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Baron Corbin is in the worst spot possible; the never ending pre-show feud with Dolph Ziggler. 

It feels like Apollo Crews is getting a trip back to nxt soon. 

Apollo definitely needs a little more seasoning. He doesn't seem totally comfortable in front of the crowd, yet.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Big Cass is right there.  He could be a major deal. 

30 minutes ago, nate said:

Never mind X-Pac heat, I am now actively hoping for JBL's death by fire, infected toenail, or snu-snu.

Now hold on just a minute there. Back in the day, 'round these parts, maybe even on the local rock-n-roll station morning show...

the snu-snu joke was instead called wahla wahla.

Yeah, that's all I got, except for a harrumph for Golden Truth finally being a thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

You really wish for JBL to perish via the glorious death by Snu-Snu?

How about an infected ingrown toenail causing him so much pain that he doesn't notice Dean Ambrose & the hobo army cooking S'mores around the barrel fire, and stumbles into the fire?

• Like 1

The jobbers appeared to be John Skyler and Corey Hollis(Skyler had his name on his tights) but they had different jobber names given by Cole.  Weirdness since they wrestle as themselves on NXT.

Not much to this show but dug the Usos/Club tag standing out among a lot of really short matches. The Golden Truth music video was hilarious and felt like some angle out of the mid 90s but then that build was just to lose a two minute tag.

I like that the Club/Bloodline feud has basically had some sort of breakdown/pull apart after every match has ended.  I didn't think this was the best match out of the feud and yeah, it would make sense if they pushed Gallows/Anderson rather than jobbing them, but I at least like the program as it's been going so far.

Man, if I'm the Colons, I am not answering any calls from Stamford in the next few weeks.  I don' t think that crowd could give less shits about them which is a shame because I've really liked Primo's work since he got to the company.  Their stuff looked good, I'm sure Epico loved being in with the renamed for some reason Hollis and Skyler so he could do power spots.

With Emma down injured, I'm surprised if they keep Dana up on the main roster long.  I'm not sure if the combo of bringing someone back from an injury and putting them on the main show was such a hot idea.

Kalisto was being bent like they threw Manami Toyota under the hood tonight.

I would give the Colon's a few more weeks. I don't think their vignettes really gave any idea about what the fuck their gimmick actually is, and whether they are supposed to be faces or heels. It was super vague and devoid of any sort of useful information about them as a team aside from where they're from. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I would give the Colon's a few more weeks. I don't think their vignettes really gave any idea about what the fuck their gimmick actually is, and whether they are supposed to be faces or heels. It was super vague and devoid of any sort of useful information about them as a team aside from where they're from. 

It's pretty clear to me that their gimmick is that the Puerto Rican Board of Tourism is holding El Torito hostage. 

1 hour ago, Patrick B. said:

The jobbers appeared to be John Skyler and Corey Hollis(Skyler had his name on his tights) but they had different jobber names given by Cole.  Weirdness since they wrestle as themselves on NXT.

Yep. That's who they were. Errr.. Scott Jackson and Brian Kennedy according to Cole. Despite the "Skyler" on John's tights and the "CH" on Corey's. Only in the WWE... lol

Yeah this show was pretty by the numbers (coughboring). I only made it about half way through before I ended up giving up. I love that the WWE is finally ripping off the Lethal Lockdown match...just without the top. Did they say exactly how one is supposed to win the match? Ambrose didn't say anything about pin or submission. Just no escape which I love. Maybe they will have some blood which would be nice.

I feel like y'all are sleeping in how awesome that New Day segment was. 

"We didn't go back far enough."

"No! Just leave me here! 2009 was my best year!"

Finally putting Golden Truth together and having them lose was the most WWE thing of all, which on a show that featured guys getting renamed for no reason and Ric Flair getting embarrassed by Stephanie in Greensboro is saying something. 

Also, that's the first time in a long time Steph whiffed on a slap like that. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA pinned and featured this topic
5 hours ago, Peck said:

Yep. That's who they were. Errr.. Scott Jackson and Brian Kennedy according to Cole. Despite the "Skyler" on John's tights and the "CH" on Corey's. Only in the WWE... lol

They have been on NXT (and at NXT Tapings) for a while now so using them isn't a shock. If this was the 80s they would have been in masks

Still I have already requested WWE Shop provide me with a Scott Jackson and Brian Kennedy t-shirt ASAP

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

They could also still be making good money and winning matches in Japan.  

Whoa, Ryback posts on the board?

• Like 1