DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10/26/15

Dolfan in NYC

Where is all this Ambrose turning stuff coming from?

His promo, the fact that he's being so supportive and that they probably want Roman's big win to come at Mania. That would mean something would need to occupy Reigns' time until Mania like his best friend turning on him.

Really don't want to see Dean turn. It's too perfect to do the turn, but dammit, I love their "We may go off and do own our thing for a while, but if he calls me, I'm fucking there" friendship.

Great fucking episode, though. I skipped the opening yakfest until Roman came down and never felt the need to use the FF button again after that. Know they want to keep KO looking strong, but man, did I want Cesaro to win. Oh well.

Also, it's time for BAD to murderize the Bellas.

I checked out the world title contenders matches, all of which were really fun. Cesaro/Owens always work together, and the other pairings felt pretty fresh. I thought Alberto was a great base for Neville, which makes sense but I didn't think about it until Neville's highspots started. Four way was a ton of fun, great finished, I like the staredown and the laser focus on the world title tonight. Both secondary champions made it to the four way, which is a step up from how those titles would have been treated a year ago. 

Totally fine keeping the Shaemus/Barrett/Rusev trio going, Roman's going to need guys to run through once Shaemus screws him out of his next title shot. I'm just assuming that happens. Shaemus cashes in during Roman/Seth, but ends up getting pinned by Seth, Roman gets side feud until mania? 

First RAW I've watched in a long, long time. First couple matches were just sort of there for me, then the women's match was a fun sprint. Really enjoyed the Big E/Ziggler match, and the 4-way. I sort of skipped the rest. I'm so out of the loop this is basically the first time I've seen Ziggler work.

I don't understand the Zeb/Del Rio pairing.

Too many guys in the company are just "dude dressed in black".

Good show once it got rolling though. Main event was really fun, neat finishing sequence.

It's just us trying to brace ourselves if it happens.  I hope it doesn't.  There are a dozen ways to put a rift between Reigns/Ambrose that doesn't require one to shank the other.

Reigns should always be Ambrose's morality pet to keep him from going off the deep end into becoming a heel.   Basically how Sting/Luger should have been.

And Lesnar/Ambrose should happen at some point- Ambrose enjoying Suplex City would get him more over even in losing.

That's the hook Roman needs. Lesnar obliterates Ambrose on a Raw where Roman is "not in the building" (doing the Late Show or something). Comes back the next week, fired up. We see the strength of the friendahip he has with Ambrose, and he stands up to Brock for beating down his pal.

Then, of course, creative has Ambrose turn on Reigns.

I'm actually intrigued by the whole Wyatt Family kidnapping the Brothers of Destruction angle. Then I remembered they kidnapped Kane not so long ago and nothing happened. I hope they brainwash Taker or some shit.

I was pretty damn hyped for the Owens vs Roman showdown.

At least Stardust and the Ascension weren't at ringside for the Cesaro/Owens match. That means they probably scrapped that awful storyline before it even began.

I wouldn't mind them going back to Cesaro/Owens for the IC title match at the next PPV. I could watch those two against each other forever.

They really are putting that whole WINS AND LOSSES DON'T MATTER~! deal to the test with Cesaro, aren't they? Seriously, the lack of protection for him is fucking criminal. 

Missed most of the show for various reasons, but what I saw looked really good. Nice of them to give Titus the rub with the Komen announcement. Trips and Stephie doing MILLIONS OF DOLLARS was a sight to behold.

At least Stardust and the Ascension weren't at ringside for the Cesaro/Owens match. That means they probably scrapped that awful storyline before it even began.

I wouldn't mind them going back to Cesaro/Owens for the IC title match at the next PPV. I could watch those two against each other forever.

Not so sure - seemed rather pointless having Breeze come out and then not doing anything to further that program at all.

I'd rather a Reigns title run from now till Mania. If it catches on - great, have him go over Lesnar at Mania. If not, you have Dean turn on him at Mania and start that feud, experiment concluded.

Otherwise, Rumble seems a repeat of last year, and really not in on Reigns winning it again.

Raw was fucking awesome.  I am loving the KO vs. Cesaro thing but can the Suisse Strongman please score a fucking victory? 

If Booking has issues with his accent or ability to connect with fans either get him another manager (preferably someone a little more international in flavor this time around) or keep on letting him go batshit insane with his offense and craft more some spots like the Springboard EU that the crowd will regularly pop for.

Certainly there is someone stupid... er... brave enough to take the UFO.

Raw was fucking awesome.  I am loving the KO vs. Cesaro thing but can the Suisse Strongman please score a fucking victory?  If Booking has issues with his accent or ability to connect with fans either get him a manager or let him go apeshit with his offense again.  Certainly there is someone stupid... er... brave enough to take the UFO.

I thought his crowd reactions were quite good last night. If anything, I thought he played to the crowd too much last night. He seemed fired up and feeding off that crowd and went a lot more flashy as a result.

Not so sure - seemed rather pointless having Breeze come out and then not doing anything to further that program at all.

Breeze came out during Big E/Ziggler and is clearly feuding with Ziggler. What does that have to do with Owens and Cesaro?

This was a great RAW. And the reason is that every match had a purpose. There was nothing thrown out there "just because". It was a show with a beginning, middle, and end. Even the 6-Man where the story was that everybody involved lost their matches at the PPV, so they were pissed and had something to prove tonight. Everything was booked to move all storylines forward. We've all been saying for awhile that in-ring this current roster is one of the top of all time, but they just haven't had the writing around those good matches to make it all click together. Tonight proved that when the writing around the matches means that those matches actually matter, that the shows are so much more compelling. It's too bad that they can't tie entire shows together like this every week.

• Like 1

What a fun show!  It was almost like a one night KOTR tournament.  But it was a well booked show where everything meant something, and every match had a purpose.  That crowd was just wonderful too, it's nice when you get a hot crowd that aren't just being marks for themselves, and are actually enjoying things and popping.  Like I haven't seen a crowd pop that loud for a "GET THE TABLES" spot in a while, and then to swerve them was hilariously perfect.

The Meximericans thing is funny to me though, i'm sure now that Zeb is advocating for open borders he's clearly a heel, and this is McMahon's way of cheering for Trump and highlighting the lunacy of having an open border with Mexico and making us one big country.  But this was probably the wrong city to debut it in since they hadn't established their motivations yet and being so close to the border and featuring the returning ADR gained them more pops than boos.

Overall a great, tight show though, and with Cena out they always step it up and finally start to establish some new top faces.  They definitely made Roman look like a million bucks!