DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

Some people just seem way too sensitive

Says the guy who cried when I criticised Raw.
I am not sure how many times I have to repeat this

One more time, promise.

Guys, we need to have higher standards on our posts.

• Like 1

Guys, we need to have higher standards on our posts.

Come on, man, my posts are only "Todd Pettengill segment on a random 1994 RAW episode" level. I can't do much more than that. 

I'd like to point out that the story of Kevin Dunn telling Orton to say that was attributed to Dave Meltzer who tweeted that he NEVER reported that. So pretty much it was just some shitty newz site making up their own story because "hey it sounds plausible enough and obviously it'll get clicks" and then other shitty newz sites copying and pasting it.

That's kinda what I thought when I first saw the story. Of course, if you mention Dunn's name, it becomes an IWC feeding frenzy. 

• Like 1

I'd like to point out that the story of Kevin Dunn telling Orton to say that was attributed to Dave Meltzer who tweeted that he NEVER reported that. So pretty much it was just some shitty newz site making up their own story because "hey it sounds plausible enough and obviously it'll get clicks" and then other shitty newz sites copying and pasting it.

That's kinda what I thought when I first saw the story. Of course, if you mention Dunn's name, it becomes an IWC feeding frenzy. 

Which is fascinating because there's no actual evidence all the "horrible" things attributed to him are actually his doing.  To my knowledge, all the horrible things he's said/done have always come second-hand from another source, he hasn't done any interviews, has he?

• Like 2

Kevin Owens is a good rassler and has been one of the best parts of Raw since his debut. That being said, I think the 'his body shouldn't matter, he looks like he could win a bar fight' is a bit disingenuous. We don't need to get in to demographics and who the WWE is marketed towards, but I think it's pretty clear that Raw is not a show about the toughest dude you could meet on the street. It's about dudes that are basically living super heroes. I know there are exceptions, there always have been and there will be moving forward. Maybe Owens will be one of those exceptions, but to be shocked and outraged by these reports is a bit silly.

Kevin Owens is a good rassler and has been one of the best parts of Raw since his debut. That being said, I think the 'his body shouldn't matter, he looks like he could win a bar fight' is a bit disingenuous. We don't need to get in to demographics and who the WWE is marketed towards, but I think it's pretty clear that Raw is not a show about the toughest dude you could meet on the street. It's about dudes that are basically living super heroes. I know there are exceptions, there always have been and there will be moving forward. Maybe Owens will be one of those exceptions, but to be shocked and outraged by these reports is a bit silly.

It's especially silly when you take into consideration that the story about Kevin Dunn was most likely made up since the person it was attributed to said he didn't report that AND that Owens debuted on the main roster in a feud with Cena where he beat him clean in his very first match in WWE.

I got an email offer from WWE saying I'm eligible for a free month. I had the network for 1 month at Wrestlemania time. I wait until the closer to Summerslam to take them up on it and the 30 free days will include Night of Champions as well. Same thing happened after Mania. So for 10 bucks that is Mania, Extreme Rules, Summerslam and Night of Champions. Doesn't seem all that wise on their end. I'll take it though.

I always did but even if they aren't allowed they have DVR now and can watch the last hour or whatever when they get home from school the next day.

that's true but isn't RAW one show that is watched primarily on first airing?

Maybe parents watch the last hour on first run and then their kids watch it the next day?

This music video makes the videos of The Fabulous Ones look super rugged and manly in comparison. Two shirtless dudes riding in a horse drawn carriage together...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Shut up, Bucky.

The funny thing about Dunn is that every defender, or dude just trying to be contrarian for fun, has the same defense.  "Everything we know about him comes from second hand sources."  Like everything we "know" about every other person involved in wrestling isn't second hand?  I never saw Orton shit in any bags nor have I heard him talk about it.  I never heard Michael Hayes drop the old N bomb.  With a few exceptions, everything we think we know about the personalities of anyone in wrestling is either secondhand information or inferred by their actions.  Yet somehow, this is a valid defense when it comes to Kevin Dunn. :rolleyes:

• Like 1