DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I definitely agree that the UI and functionality could use work. The UI on Roku is awful. The functionality of the timer bar is only half-working - some shows will add match beginnings and finishes to the timer bar, but some don't. I'm hoping the ad money helps them hire a couple more people to complete that for all uploaded shows.

You can pick up where you left off on a show, but only on the same device that you were watching it on. Sometimes, I'll start a Nitro while I'm working, and then I'll go work out and want to pick up where I left off with that same show on my Android while I'm on the treadmill. That doesn't work, and I wish it did. However, if I stop a show and then enter it again on the same device, it will pick up right where I left off.

I also think a chance to add shows and create your own user list of specific shows would be nice. I'd love to start a playlist that allows me to organize all Nitros and their relevant PPVs and Clashes in order and then just let it run. 

So I was watching some old TNA stuff from right after Hogan and Bischoff came in, and it occurred to me that Hulk Hogan is basically Gizmo from the Gremlins movie.  Sure, he's nice at first and you think he'll be great to have around, but inevitably, you hire him after midnight, and he becomes an evil, wrinkled troll of sorts.  Next thing you know, he's tearing up stuff and wrecking your business.  Then he gets into the CEO's office and things really go sideways.  After that, it's like he reproduced cause not only do you got Hulk Hogan wrecking your promotion, but you got all his creepy sidekicks wrecking things and flinging cocaine at the walls.

Hulk Hogan.  Don't feed his ego after midnight, kids.  Very important.

• Like 10

So I was watching some old TNA stuff from right after Hogan and Bischoff came in, and it occurred to me that Hulk Hogan is basically Gizmo from the Gremlins movie. Sure, he's nice at first and you think he'll be great to have around, but inevitably, you hire him after midnight, and he becomes an evil, wrinkled troll of sorts. Next thing you know, he's tearing up stuff and wrecking your business. Then he gets into the CEO's office and things really go sideways. After that, it's like he reproduced cause not only do you got Hulk Hogan wrecking your promotion, but you got all his creepy sidekicks wrecking things and flinging cocaine at the walls.

Hulk Hogan. Don't feed his ego after midnight, kids. Very important.

This seems pretty accurate except flinging cocaine at the walls. That shit is expensive, so they're not wasting it. If they do, Beefcake is running around trying to salvage as much as he can.

with the RKO Vines getting big today... if we had 2014 social media during WCW.. they'd essentially have constant vines of Kanyon Cutters, wouldn't we?

oh god, Russo WCW in the era of Twitter would have managed to be even more stupid than the real Russo WCW.

------

Random video... holy shit, this is a fucking great swindle

• Like 1

with the RKO Vines getting big today... if we had 2014 social media during WCW.. they'd essentially have constant vines of Kanyon Cutters, wouldn't we?

These made my day.

http://deadspin.com/randy-orton-is-rkoing-the-entire-internet-1646153782?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

After last night's Raw:

How about that RKO out of nowhere... #Raw

• Like 2

These made my day.

http://deadspin.com/randy-orton-is-rkoing-the-entire-internet-1646153782?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm laughing so hard right now. So many tears in my eyes.