DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

The Vince Russo quote in that article is so Russo, taking a strong stance against a position nobody maintains (That wrestling shows should be just wrestling, no interviews, promos or anything else)

"The Internet wrestling community thinks in-ring wrestling action should take up every minute of every show.  That’s what they believe the business is. That’s what they are fans of. I mean, they rate fake wrestling matches on a star system. The matches are fake! They are not real!”

This is not going to sound honest, but it is. I want someone to suggest a TNA match that I might actually like. I've seen spatterings. I have almost no use at all for the x-division style. Likewise the Abyss garbage match stuff. I think my working favorite TNA match now is the first 2/3 of Dustin vs Jarrett from years and years ago though it has a terrible Planet Jarrett ending. I assume the answer is going to be some sort of Southern Tag with great FIP and hot tag and a clean finish or a Mad Mikey match r something but I'm sort of curious. Most of the things people list for best TNA matches ever are things I don't want to touch like a ten foot pole. 

Did you see the Chris Harris/James Storm Texas Death Match? That's the best match from TNA that I have seen by miles and miles and miles and miles and.....

• Like 1

OK, I'm a tad late to the party, but:

1. The Masked Man didn't write the TNA article on Grantland. I think the dude's a freelancer. He actually interviewed people, where all Shoemaker does is give his opinion, such as it is.

2. People rate movies with a star system all the time, too, but they're not real.

3. Pimped it before, will pimp it again (it's on YouTube, but I didn't wanna embed it): James Storm vs. Bobby Roode from Bound for Glory 2012 is sofa king tremendous. Fantastic match.

This is not going to sound honest, but it is. I want someone to suggest a TNA match that I might actually like. I've seen spatterings. I have almost no use at all for the x-division style. Likewise the Abyss garbage match stuff. I think my working favorite TNA match now is the first 2/3 of Dustin vs Jarrett from years and years ago though it has a terrible Planet Jarrett ending. I assume the answer is going to be some sort of Southern Tag with great FIP and hot tag and a clean finish or a Mad Mikey match r something but I'm sort of curious. Most of the things people list for best TNA matches ever are things I don't want to touch like a ten foot pole.

Did you see the Chris Harris/James Storm Texas Death Match? That's the best match from TNA that I have seen by miles and miles and miles and miles and.....

I second this. Hate filled is a term I would never use to describe anything from TNA, but this fits the bill.?

WWE used to get all revenue from the commercials that aired within Raw/Heat/etc. so it was pointless to promote it outside of its timeslot.  Since moving back to USA, the revenue is now divided between WWE/Universal, which is why you see so many promos for Raw during the SVU marathons nowadays

They advertised WWE everywhere when they moved to TNN.

You know, Christian really turned in some good performances during his stint in TNA.

I was always a big fan of the match with Jeff Jarrett where he won the title. 

Also note to Russo: People don't tend to rate things that are real. He should go tell Hollywood to stop giving out awards because movies are fake. 

Not an original opinion on my part, but the matches Styles had with Daniels and Samoa Joe in 2005-06 were quite good.  '06 was my favorite year in TNA, which is odd because I think most of the booking was awful that year and the X-Division was the only savin grace of the company.

• Like 1

Most of TNA's roster is/was under a pay-per-appearance deal.  So if one got booked for a full schedule of dates then they were doing pretty good.  3 dates a month, not so much.  Current non-schedule, brutal.

My understanding of the AJ Styles contract "negotiation" was he didn't even ask for more money, he just wanted enough dates guaranteed that his money per date would equal out to what he had been earning under his old deal and Big didn't think he was worth it.  I don't even think Big bothered to engage Daniels, Kazarian, or Sabin in any renewal discussions.

Really one of TNA's biggest problems the past couple of years is Dixie hiring people and putting them in key positions based off their greatest career accomplishment being getting fired by WWE.

How can you be the head of creative AND the head of talent relations and continue showcasing talents whose contracts are expiring like Bully Ray and Kurt Angle?  Especially, when they take to the media and they always talk about how they really want to go back to WWE.

On another note, this made me laugh...
BxwSzoMIAAEL8VI.jpg

Speaking of new TNA signings. Rumor has it in a few days when Angle and Joe head over to India for a promotional tour they'll be announcing that Mahabali Veera (the final Ring Ka King champion) has signed with TNA.

All this does is making me miss Barood. I miss watching that chubby little dude. :(

In response to Matt - anything I would have recommended has been mentioned so far but I would just reconfirm

the Texas Death Match is my favorite TNA match

Kim/Kong (god that almost could be a remediel wrestling topic)

And you probably watched it already due to the last DVDVR but Kim/Terrell Last Knockout STanding and the Ladder Match

I think a fair comparison would be TNA's pay and benefits to that of NXT.

Don't remember where but I read recently that NXT guys make between 20-30k a year. Not sure about Benefits. That sound pretty much on par with what the lower TNA guys were making. Now that they're allowed to work indies, it should be more.

Minimum dev contract is 52k as of 10 years ago.