DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Isn't Eugene also retired? *insert Borat joke here*

So, when do you guys think that Seth Rollins will cash in?

I thought Dinsmore had a job at NXT now?

He has a training job but he's retired from in-ring stuff. 

Dinsmore's WWE run reminds me of one of the favorite ways of explaining a random gimmick change on the main roster. Cornette basically ran an angle where Johnny Ace (represented in OVW by Horshu) talked Dinsmore into pretending to be mentally challenge so he can finally make it onto the main roster. He also ran the same angle when The Damaja and Doug Basham teamed up. Johnny Ace was a big heel in OVW without ever actually appearing.

We don't get blood on purpose anymore (which is an overall good thing, to be fair)

I miss the blade. In some of the Wyatt's hate fest matches with Cena and the Shield, a solid blade job could have added to the heat. I don't think it needs to happen all the damn time but a little blood at the right time still adds drama.

• Like 3

It is a shame that WWE/USA Network is against choking spots because what wrestling needs is more Terry Funk-style sneak attacks using a plastic bag to choke someone out. 

Can you imagine how unglued the fans would go if Ambrose jumped Seth Rollins and bagged him? We don't get blood on purpose anymore (which is an overall good thing, to be fair), but we need to make up for it with bag attacks. 

Also, this should be supplemented with more branding iron attacks and spikes to the eye. Especially when it comes to Ambrose, who should aim for being Terry Funk circa 1989 for a new generation. 

Wouldn't it be the other way around though. Seth trying to take out Ambrose by doing that would probably get Rollins some insane heat. Hell if they had him feuding with Roman, the women in the crowd would probably burn the arena to the ground if they did that.

Isn't Eugene also retired? *insert Borat joke here*

So, when do you guys think that Seth Rollins will cash in?

There's talk of Cena having to miss some time to film 'The Nest' - if so, we could see a cash-in at SummerSlam or even before. Seth Rollins cashing in after Cena squeezing past Lesnar would make sense, particularly if Lesnar throws in a post-match beatdown. I'd personally do the cash-in before that on RAW so Cena-Lesnar match goes without the title, so Lesnar can over as he should - but I'd be pretty dumb to expect that at this point. The idea of a cash-in on a beat-up Lesnar is amusing.

Point is, I don't expect a delayed cash-in because he's the only hot full-time heel they have (I acknowledge Bray is still pretty over, but I'm not even sure he's a heel really).

It is a shame that WWE/USA Network is against choking spots because what wrestling needs is more Terry Funk-style sneak attacks using a plastic bag to choke someone out. 

Can you imagine how unglued the fans would go if Ambrose jumped Seth Rollins and bagged him? We don't get blood on purpose anymore (which is an overall good thing, to be fair), but we need to make up for it with bag attacks. 

Also, this should be supplemented with more branding iron attacks and spikes to the eye. Especially when it comes to Ambrose, who should aim for being Terry Funk circa 1989 for a new generation. 

Wouldn't it be the other way around though. Seth trying to take out Ambrose by doing that would probably get Rollins some insane heat. Hell if they had him feuding with Roman, the women in the crowd would probably burn the arena to the ground if they did that.

Nah, Seth Rollins comes off like a guy that would hide behind hired goons. Which reminds me, The Authority needs more hired goons because the NAO is gone and Kane ain't cutting it. 

Ambrose comes off like the type of nutbar that would choke someone with a bag or jump them by hiding in their closet for hours (or even days), waiting for them to come home. 

Also, Rollins deciding to violently turn on The Shield is the least intelligent move ever. He spent so much time with Ambrose and knew that Ambrose, for all of his faults (which probably include random stabbings, stealing women's underwear from Wal-Mart, etc.), was fiercely loyal and would absolutely lose it if someone turned on him. 

Why he wouldn't find a way to say "We'll go our separate ways for now, but we'll get back together any time there's a threat" is beyond me. I get that he was motivated by being tired of babysitting Ambrose and Reigns, but on the flip side, waiting a couple more months to do that would keep Ambrose from stalking him incessantly.

• Like 1

Also, wrestling needs more Coal Miner's Glove matches.

They can find some role for Santino. They guy is too talented. I wouldn't mind him as GM if, and it's a big if, he does in like Mick Foley did. Not getting involved in the serious main event stuff often, but instead doing some backstage comedy with a few midcard guys like Foley did with Edge & Christian. Let Steph, HHH, and Vince still do the main event stuff.

They can find some role for Santino. They guy is too talented. I wouldn't mind him as GM if, and it's a big if, he does in like Mick Foley did. Not getting involved in the serious main event stuff often, but instead doing some backstage comedy with a few midcard guys like Foley did with Edge & Christian. Let Steph, HHH, and Vince still do the main event stuff.

Maybe Sandow will give him a drink of his "brain" milkshake and he'll turn into Smantino.

Smart Santino.  Sadly it doesn't last and Damien is heartbroken.

Okay - the next Santino retired joke is earning someone a timeout.

You have all been fucking warned

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime soon, someone who doesn't pay close attention to this thread is going to come in and completely sincerely ask about Santino's retirement.

I am sooo tempted to start a betting pool on that.

• Like 2

Maybe Sandow will give him a drink of his "brain" milkshake and he'll turn into Smantino.

Smart Santino.  Sadly it doesn't last and Damien is heartbroken.

It would be better if Santino turned into Smantino and thought that he had made some amazing strategic discovery that showed how never to lose a wrestling match again, but at his moment of triumph, Sandow comes out and reveals that the milkshake was a placebo and that Smantino was always plain ol' idiot Santino, "Always Sunny" style.

Maybe the York Foundation's laptop could come back to play a role. Santino tracks it down in that warehouse full of old wrestling crap WWE has and uses it to form his equation.