DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I'm fine with watching the stream until the VOD gets fixed, but my god, they need to change up what they air a little bit. I've seen this Bret/Shawn documentary on there about 6 times since Monday morning.

Watching the Classic again, which is a 16 man tournament from 1985 that I once rented on CHV. The opener is Adrian Adonis vs Corporal Kirchner and the match starts with Kirchner doing a loooooonnngggg side headlock. My how times have changed.

Was the CHV version clipped? If so is the event on WWEN the full broadcast?

Watching the Classic again, which is a 16 man tournament from 1985 that I once rented on CHV. The opener is Adrian Adonis vs Corporal Kirchner and the match starts with Kirchner doing a loooooonnngggg side headlock. My how times have changed.

Was the CHV version clipped? If so is the event on WWEN the full broadcast?

It has been so long but I feel like the CHV was clipped. This includes discussion of announcing someone who won a car that I don't recall. I feel like this is the closed circuit stream.

Not only am I not able to get anything VOD to play more than 5 seconds, but there are SEVERAL PPVs missing.  Wrestlemaina 2 and 3 and 7 nowhere to be found, and years here and there with literally nothing.  I'm quite sure WCW had events in 1985, 1986, and 1987, but according to the network, no.  Not that I could watch them even if they were there......

I'm using a Roku 3.  haven't used my phone yet because, well, watching on my phone with a 60 inch TV just a few feet away would probably make me angry.

I can skip back and forth to my heart's content on wwe & ecw PPVs and mainly have no problems with WCW ppvs, but Spring Stampede '99 is giving me absolute FITS in not wanting to play at all.

I NEED TO WATCH BLITZKREIG'S ONLY PPV MATCH!

Watching WCW WrestleWar 92. Z-Man vs. Pillman was fucking awesome.

Yes it is. While War Games gets all the attention from that show (and rightfully so as that match fucking rules), you had a host of other good matches with Freebirds/Taylor-Valentine, Steiners/Fujinami-Iizuka, and that Pillman/Z-Man match.

We've started a "Watch PPV" Club  (kinda like a book club, except someone chooses a 10+ year old PPV from the On Demand archives, and everyone watches and posts their thoughts)  over at another forum I hang out at, and I started it by suggesting "Capital Combat 90, the return of Robocop." (thanks to the mention in this thread)

It's going to be great!

Kevin Sullivan, Cactus Jack and Bam Bam Bigelow vs the Road Warriors (.. and norman the lunatic)

THe Freebirds vs The Rock and Roll Express (in a strap match)

Paul Ellering vs Teddy Long ( hair vs hair.. oh yeah and the Road Warriors and Doom at ringside. Bobby Heenan bet $20 on Peanuthead Teddy Long to win)

Ric Flair and Lex Luger (For the TITLE IN THE CAGE.. sure nothing screwy's going to happen...)

Oh, and the Horsemen, Sting, and ROBOCOP!

Starrcade '86 was FOUR HOURS?!  I remember renting it from a video store when I was like 8-years old and I don't think the VHS was anywhere near that.

Apparently there were two 6 match cards cards with R&R Express vs Minnesota Wrecking Crew headlining Greensboro and the Skywalkers match and Flair vs Volkoff headlining in Atlanta.

EDIT Bob Caudle and Johnny Weaver handled announcing duties in Greensboro with Tony Schiavone going solo in Atlanta.

Watching the WCCW, King Kong Bundy runs in on the Freebirds and the feed freezes on his pants falling down. I did not pay $60 to look at Bundy's ass crack, tell you that for free...

• Like 1

They are just fucking this network up the more they are trying to fix things. It amazes me how horribly coded their WWE Roku app is, pathways for their library not input properly, boolean variables set up wrong and other random bugs. The guys coding this look like they learned BrightScript February 23rd and finished the Roku app on the 24th. You would think they would have been testing and debugging long before so there wouldn't be half of these issues. Obviously there are some things like bandwidth that cannot be helped but some of these bugs are downright embarrassing. End rant...

Man putting shit like Brother Love and Buddy Rose between shows is exactly what i would do if I was running this

We better get 2 Cold Scorpio soon

We gonna take a ride in your limousine? 

NUH UH

We gonna walk?

NUH UH

WE GONNA STEP

• Like 3