DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

This morning the Roku was giving me fits.  All of the ECW Hardcore TV is gone from my listings even though I see it on my PC version.  When I try to access anything from vault or seach I get a time out error.    Not sure if there is a setting on Roku to increase the wait time or not. 

Right now if I had to rank how I can view non-live stuff on the network it would be phone first, PC second, and Roku last.  Haven't had any issue with the Live stuff except that it takes a little time to get to 1080p format.

Seems like I'm having the same PS3 issues as everyone else... streaming works like a charm, VOD is a big dud. Tried searching for guys and none of the videos I clicked would work.

Watched the stream while I worked out last night... those 30 minutes on the arc trainer just flew by while I watched Wrestlemania I. Monsoon (excuse me, GINO) and Ventura might be my all time favorite announcer duo.

Watched the stream while I worked out last night... those 30 minutes on the arc trainer just flew by while I watched Wrestlemania I. Monsoon (excuse me, GINO) and Ventura might be my all time favorite announcer duo.

"Oh, dear.  That's not how you get out of front face lock Mr. T."

"You'd think Hogan would care enough to teach him something that basic, Gorilla.  That's Hogan for ya."

You have not lived until you have watched a Spiros Arion main event.

But you might die trying.

It really isn't that bad. It was announced as a Texas Death Match but doesn't follow the traditional TDM rules. It was worked closer to a fight than a wrestling match. The Bruno/Arion match is much better than the Kowolski/Riviera match that followed. Now we get an appearance of The Wolfman!! This is all on the MSG show from 1975.

So anytime I use a laptop things are great.  My mobile is a bit funky.  At home it is pretty solid, but on the commute I drop out of so many networks, so it is really unstable.  XBox wont recognize my username/password.  The live stream seems to work on everything fine.  I'm pretty confident they are going to crank out the fixes pretty quick.  Either way there is so much good stuff to watch.  I'm going to run through the NXT stuff so I'm ready for the show on Thursday.  

Rob Bartlett as commentator on RAW right now in the network (showing first 3 RAW in a row).  What the fuck was Vince thinking with that unfunny goof

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Decided after Starcade '83 to watch the first RAW and I have no idea who that dude but his shtick is intolerable. Actually some of his terrible jokes remind of Lawler from Raw last night. 

"I suppose there is no Japanese word for leftover Vince" is one particularly rotten line. And he kept saying Vince which was oddly annoying, you just don't say a guys name that often when you talk to them.

I used the live chat support option online last night to find out why practically nothing was showing up in my archive on the Roku. After about 20 minutes of asking me some preliminary questions, the woman told me I had to call Roku to find out why nothing was there. I feel like they probably wouldn't be able to help me.

Did anyone else get any kind of recommendation besides that from them, if you've asked?

I saw on Twitter from a Ben Jammin LeDoux that wonders if this the pathway settings are correct for the library.  Not sure about that since the live stuff is working great on Roku.   He also mentioned something about a variable set wrong for the age restriction setting.   Who knows.    I wonder if anyone has had access on On Demand stuff that is rating TV PG and what is rated after TV PG.

It's funny that you mention the age restriction thing - I clicked on an episode of ECW Hardcore TV last night from the live schedule, and when I selected "watch from the beginning," it told me that the parental controls didn't allow me to do that, even though I hadn't set any.

At least I know the VOD issues aren't just with me. Android doesn't work, desktop works ok, I haven't even installed the Xbox App. 

Stream works great on my Android, through. So there's that. But it is making me a little annoyed that Royal Rumble 93 isn't available at the moment. 

The only good thing about Rob Bartlett was about eight weeks in when Vince had gotten sick of him, and after Rob made a bad joke about somebody's ring attire, Vince responded with "Nobody cares" or something to that effect, and Rob barely spoke the rest of the show.

So I woke up this morning and so far (on my PS3) On Demand is working better (was able to stream Bunkhouse Stampede and Starrcade 83.)  But now the live feed isn't working.  But I'll gladly take that over yesterday.

• Like 1

For those asking, it looks like they bleeped some of the language on the ECW PPVs (I can't imagine ECW censored it themselves at the time but I don't have an original to compare to) but they didn't try to mute the crowd's inappropriate chants.  Also frontal nudity is blurred which is funny as that is a very American thing to do (show excessive violence, censor breasts) but I guess understandable.

The WWE dvds were rated "MA" and Franchise still had bleeps so long you'd run for the storm cellar if you heard it from another room.