DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

Just now, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

The story mode is still dumb.

YoU cAn EaT aVoCaDo ToAsT iN cAlIFoRnIa FoR hP. Fuck AEW and fuck video games. I’m a Jock now. You guys see the big game? Wanna pound some chow and lift some weights? Entourage. 

• Haha 2

I think they’re gonna do something silly. Like the young bucks doing something in character, or having the whole screen blurred out or something. It would pop me, but I’m to the point where it’s AEW or nothing as far as regular wrestling consumption goes, so I’m probably not the target audience…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Even *IF* it's real, and even *IF* it does contradict Punk's comments, it's still low-class Springer show garbage. Utter pathetic nonsense.

They could bring in Jamie Dundee to play Phil, based on his previous Springer appearances. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Not sure what the Bucks could add, by all accounts they weren't present

My pure speculation is that they are going to show footage of Perry legit punking out Punk (no pun intended), and then the Bucks will claim, as heel authority figures, that they were responsible for firing both men.  And they are doing this in the face of Punk's buddies FTR.

TLDR; The Bucks fired FTR's friend.

41 minutes ago, SovietShooter said:

My pure speculation is that they are going to show footage of Perry legit punking out Punk (no pun intended)

That would really suck for a Punk fan like me but Goddam it would be hilarious

• Like 1

I've been down on AEW a little lately (too many meaningless matches on TV feels like I'm wasting time watching) but seriously, fuck it.  If Punk wants to talk for two hours about what a mature, standup guy he is, while Khan has the receipts that say otherwise, then air it.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

My connection (as a viewer) with Punk in AEW was entirely transactional. While he was in AEW, he could push back against the 25%-33% of the product that I don't have a lot of use for by 1) taking up TV time with matches that I do enjoy, 2) pushing the overall aesthetics/style more in that direction in general, and 3) championing wrestlers who work along those lines and be a counterbalance to other voices that champion other wrestlers. While yes, there were certain philosophical agreements that came from that, overall, that wasn't actually the point. It wasn't about being right in some sort of moral argument with wrestlers or other fans, it was about enjoying the product as much as possible. Now that he's gone, I've got very little use for him except for that maybe he'll push the WWE/NXT in directions that I'm happier with over time. Right now, I don't want to be happy with WWE because the company more or less makes me sick, so I'm totally fine with him going away except for if people keep asking him about Vince in interviews; that would be ok.

• Like 5

This is the kind of stunt that has the potential to backfire so bad it will go down in the annals of wrestle crap history.

So I'm tuning in.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

TK extending the olive branch by allowing Punk one more Bret tribute on AEW television. 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-7436.jpg

"Hey CMLL, do you guys have any minis with visas?"

Edited by Cobra Commander

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

"Hey CMLL, do you guys have any minis with visas?"

You will settle for Tazz in a halloween mask and like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You will settle for Tazz in a halloween mask and like it.

“Putting-Bugles-On-My-Fingers-to-Look-Like-a-Witch’s-Hand-Jones over here” - Taz to himself in the mirror at a Halloween party

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Fightful reports Matt Hardy is officially a free agent.

"He'd been in talks to remain with AEW, but his contract expired at midnight and he's said he chose to not sign a deal offered to him."

• Like 1

That's why I'm so intrigued. If it's fake it could be a disastrous bait and switch that also embarrasses a couple of newz guys claiming to have the scoop. If it's real... then it's real and I'm assuming it has some information that contradicts what was said in the Helwani interview. Otherwise, why show it?

If I had to guess it would be the assertion that Punk didn't do anything to make Tony Khan feel personally threatened.

I hate that I keep getting sucked into this particular drama, but it is one of the strangest series of events to happen in wrestling in a long time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Fightful reports Matt Hardy is officially a free agent.

"He'd been in talks to remain with AEW, but his contract expired at midnight and he's said he chose to not sign a deal offered to him."

Obviously the Hardy’s reunion was a big flop for a host of reasons, but I maintain that Matt was a good midcard heel with the HFO. Very underrated part of the show during that era.

• Like 4