DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2024 Wrestling Talk

I mean someone was amazed Orndorff was doing sunset flips. I mean 6'4"-ish Terra Ryzing was doing leg lariats and other stuff on the gas Paul Levesque wasn't doing or eventually dropped. It just doesn't jive with what we're use to seeing. Now? Everyone is doing everything. 

7 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

I forgot that Sting would do the koppu kick occasionally.

tumblr_p25yu2zNVt1s24yedo1_400.gif

You also forgot Sting wrestled Glen Jacobs before he knew what the hell he was doing.

I've seen him do that better. That one looks like some freaky kama sutra shit cause his ass hits him dead in his groin and also looks like he powerbombed himself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I mean someone was amazed Orndorff was doing sunset flips. I mean 6'4"-ish Terra Ryzing was doing leg lariats and other stuff on the gas Paul Levesque wasn't doing or eventually dropped. It just doesn't jive with what we're use to seeing. Now? Everyone is doing everything. 

Imagine if Tom Magee could have actually done what we thought he could do regularly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

is Ultimo Dragon still involved in wrestling? i feel like he's due for an AEW appearance. someone alert @CoachTonyK

I don't know about Dragon, but Great Sasuke is still around and working US indies with some regularity so I hope we see him at some point. I can only imagine he and Darby Allin seeing who can die first.

Edit: turns out this happened in 2019

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

a rolling koppo kick from a 6'5" dude feels like it should be devastating

Didn't Mabel/Big Daddy Viscera use that at some point?

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I don't know about Dragon, but Great Sasuke is still around and working US indies with some regularity so I hope we see him at some point. I can only imagine he and Darby Allin seeing who can die first.

Edit: turns out this happened in 2019

Didn't Mabel/Big Daddy Viscera use that at some point?

Sasuke is wrestling Nick Wayne at some point soon.

Mabel use to do the spin wheel kick, which use to looked very impressive especially if the enhancement talent took a killer bump. But after a while, he could barely get like an inch off the ground and it looks he just fell sideways really fast.

• Like 1

Just finished the M-Pro chapter of Blood and Thunder Vol. 2 and MAN Sasuke has been around a looooooong, looooooong time. And only one fake retirement that only lasted like a single show, to my recollection. It's incredible that the company is still running. The last match I saw of theirs was Hayato Jr. Fujita vs. Kenoh over a decade ago. 

There was an Ironman Match in DDT years and years ago where anything remotely illegal would count as a fall against you. Like, setting up a chokeslam was an instant DQ fall and such. If ANYBODY has a link to that one, I'm dying to watch it again.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:33 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Vince being gone, they probably would be okay with talent being written out for three months, but the other thing is since he's gone they probably don't care about WWE Studios as much anymore. That was surely his baby ("...we make movies." - Vince in Beyond the Mat). 

I never could get Stone Cold out of my head when Austin acted. It just didn't click. He couldn't inhabit a different character to me. 

WWE Studios haven’t been a thing for over 5 years or so right? The last movie I remember them pushing was with Becky and Shawn Michaels still had hair. 

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

in the spirit of Jordan Spieth getting disqualified from a golf tournament for signing the wrong scorecard, what would be the most ticky-tack reason to disqualify a wrestler during a match?

Ric Flair DQing the Dudleys for a closed fist?

11 hours ago, Infinit said:

Sasuke is wrestling Nick Wayne at some point soon.

It happened last weekend, in the GCW Jersey J-Cup.

Spoiler

Nick Wayne won the match

Night one Highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODtNCtAENAk

Night two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn5nR1PwLlY

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

in the spirit of Jordan Spieth getting disqualified from a golf tournament for signing the wrong scorecard, what would be the most ticky-tack reason to disqualify a wrestler during a match?

Remembering when Big Show lost that tables match by accidentally stepping through one. Tag rope and closed fist are also good ones. 

Was it Dax that said that in the WWE rule book there’s actually a rule about a maximum number of pin breakups in tag matches (I want to say 2?)? Has that ever been called?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

Ric Flair DQing the Dudleys for a closed fist?

I loved Bill Alphonso as the only ref who would enforce the rules in ECW and playing into Cactus Jack's anti-hardcore gimmick. 

"It is Cactus Jack's CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to be counted out if he wants to be!"

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Mabel use to do the spin wheel kick, which use to looked very impressive especially if the enhancement talent took a killer bump. But after a while, he could barely get like an inch off the ground and it looks he just fell sideways really fast.

Yeah, it looked like you'd be getting crushed by a windmill on the loose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Remembering when Big Show lost that tables match by accidentally stepping through one. Tag rope and closed fist are also good ones. 

The Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes in a tables match, WWE Extreme Rules 2012.

19 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Was it Dax that said that in the WWE rule book there’s actually a rule about a maximum number of pin breakups in tag matches (I want to say 2?)? Has that ever been called?

I always thought that was a NWA/WCW thing, I remember Solie, Schiavone, and Ross brining it up once a year or so. I think it was first pin break up was a warning and the second a DQ, I don’t think it was ever enforced though. 

• Like 1