DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan

Elsalvajeloco

To bring things back even further, to the "we're old" conversation

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7e49z/gen-z-dating-millenials

I mean my grandfather was in Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal. I'm not sure most Americans well over 18 know what they are/represent. 

And BRINGING IT BACK AGAIN~! What's the age difference between Punk and his wife? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gorman said:

I was just thinking ... is there anything stopping Punk from showing up in WWE with the AEW "Real World title" belt with the X on it?

It's in his fridge, right?

They can’t legally stop him from bringing out a fridge on a dolly to the ring every week.

”You all know what’s in there, and there’s no one in either company man enough to take it from me.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

22 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

Most Mediterranean countries had the right idea with the small shareable dishes so you get a little of everything and aren't constrained to one dish like a sucker. I should find a good tapas place. (Is Spain Mediterranean? Ah whatever.)

Quick search shows it is Mediterranean so that should work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gorman said:

I was just thinking ... is there anything stopping Punk from showing up in WWE with the AEW "Real World title" belt with the X on it?

It's in his fridge, right?

Multiple court cases that have declared titles IP of those companies (Flair in 1991 and Madusa in (iirc) 1995). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMHO if the Dark Side producers can pull it off, they should make this CM Punk saga into a Dark Side theatrical movie event, and make it a theatrical special even through Fathom or some such. The problem with everything is that no one is talking and everything is hidden behind legal red tape. 

Also, what do you do about the CM Punk saga? Do we need to wait about 5-6 years to see what else unfolds? I don't think you want to rush to make something in 1 or 2 years. Ideally, I think if you could do this the right way, you could make something that far surpasses Wrestling With Shadows or Beyond the Mat. 

Any documentarian who is tracking this or can figure it out, if you can solve this problem, you could make one of the biggest and greatest wrestling documentaries of all time.

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Any documentarian who is tracking this or can figure it out, if you can solve this problem, you could make one of the biggest and greatest wrestling documentaries of all time.

If this thread is ANY indication, it will start out talking about Punk and then midway switch to talking about Microsoft Zune.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

To bring things back even further, to the "we're old" conversation

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7e49z/gen-z-dating-millenials

I mean my grandfather was in Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal. I'm not sure most Americans well over 18 know what they are/represent. 

And BRINGING IT BACK AGAIN~! What's the age difference between Punk and his wife? 

Almost 7 year age difference in my household with me being older, this is pretty on point in a lot of places. I once asked her the first time she ever remembers seeing wrestling in childhood, and it was a Rikishi match. She also never made a physical mixtape or even owned a cassette player (she did, however have a VCR). She also never owned a cartridge-based game console - we are just about three Nintendo generations apart. We were having a Danny DeVito-based conversation once, and she thought I was referring to the movie 'Taxi' with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah. Wild shit. The interesting thing is that we're probably both considered millennials, just on either end of the spectrum (late 80s, mid 90s)

My son's Mother is 10 years older than me. Once, we found ourselves watching a TV show in which people were discussing how confusing it was when Decimalisation of UK currency happened, going from Pounds, Shillings and Sixpence to just 100 pennies = 1 pound. She was strongly identifying with everything they were saying, and was surprised I didn't remember it.

It happened 3 years before I was born.

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If this thread is ANY indication, it will start out talking about Punk and then midway switch to talking about Microsoft Zune.

Everyone I know who owned a Zune loved it, and everyone else made fun of it, and really, when you think about it, that reminds me of CM Punk.

... what?! There are more tortured analogies out there somewhere!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, (BP) said:

They can’t legally stop him from bringing out a fridge on a dolly to the ring every week.

I for one welcome Punk bringing Schrödinger's belt with him each week and the quantum mechanics it leads us to ponder, until he finally opens the mini-fridge and sends us randomly into a multiverse wherein some have the belt in the fridge and in others the fridge is empty.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Saw Propagandhi at a warehouse show in like ‘94 or so, it was summer in Austin so it was a steam bath inside. At one point, a naked dude jumped on stage and the singer put him on his shoulders, which was just nasty. Good show in general though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1