DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Fightful Select is now reporting that CM Punk has not been informed of his apparent suspension. This is an utter shitshow. Tony Khan has once again completely and utterly failed as a company head, and he needs to hand over these duties to someone else because he clearly has no idea what to and how to manage wrestlers who hate each other and can't be around each other.

Or he could bring in Teddy Hart

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Jungle Boy not being the chosen one: I’m biased here, so I guess more thoughts from others would be helpful. I feel like the brief pillar feud was almost like a test to see who is ready out of that bunch. Darby came across good. Guevara was kinda booked weird but did alright. MJF is the champ for a reason. I was very underwhelmed by Jack Perry. Until his recent turn, I have been as well. He might be hitting something with his leather jacket prick gimmick though. 

A guy running around in a lion cloth pretending to be tarzan is on the fun indy pile of gimmicks like Luigio Primo and that Angry Vegan MJF wrestled. Jack Perry had more appeal on a national level

1 minute ago, zendragon said:

A guy running around in a lion cloth pretending to be tarzan is on the fun indy pile of gimmicks like Luigio Primo and that Angry Vegan MJF wrestled. Jack Perry had more appeal on a national level

I really think they had something special with the Jungle Express. Jungle Boy was handsome and had flashy moves where his gorgeous locks swayed in the wind, Marko Stunt was the modern Spike Dudley that could make your heel look like a monster, and a fucking dinosaur. Once Marko got silently let go, the appeal life and they tried to split them up. The irony being that everyone involved that is currently employed is now heel.

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Or call in The Undertaker to restart wrestlers' court. 😉 

Who would be the AEW equivalent? Samoa Joe? Mr Ass? Dustin?

Things don’t look good for Perry’s spot right now, but by next year Darby might be lost on Everest, Max may be heading to WWE, and Guevara may still be in the creative wilderness as Jericho’s bat holder. Essentially, he could have HHH in 1999-2000 level good luck. 

• Like 1

I hadn't heard about the Nemeth encounter, looked it up and laughed about Punk preventing guys from being on Collision.  Actually I think they should go All-In (Ha!) on it Being Punk's show: add "CM Punk presents" above the logo, paint a Pepsi logo on his belt, and, most importantly, dig up the season 2 Lucha Underground set and have Punk sit on a throne a la Mil Muertes watching over all the matches with disdain  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Things don’t look good for Perry’s spot right now, but by next year Darby might be lost on Everest, Max may be heading to WWE, and Guevara may still be in the creative wilderness as Jericho’s bat holder. Essentially, he could have HHH in 1999-2000 level good luck. 

Does TK have a daughter?

• Like 2

So the most recent report is that Punk hasn't heard he was suspended and AEW hasn't announced any suspensions. Maybe Collision will be just fine

Edit to add: And if the way a wrestler finds out he's suspended is by reporter and not his employer, ouch

Edited by Godfrey

28 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Someone’s entrance music hits during a run in and Punk throws up the thumbs down like he’s Joaquin in Gladiator. 

Do we know if Punk has watched Gladiator? He has a history of disliking angles that reference movies he hasn’t seen

• Haha 1

Punk was informed of his suspension through his lawyer, according to Nick "everything that CM Punk wants the world to know goes straight to me" Hausman.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Best possible scenario now is Punk out on Dynamite, ambushed by Bill/Starks, FTR makes the save, Perry comes out with a strap so the heels take over. Six-Man strap match at the PPV.

I read this (twice) as Punk being ambushed by Billie Starkz. 😶

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Maybe in his younger days before he was married....

(When CM stood for Chick Magnet) 

Edited by odessasteps

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

That’s Minion # 400237 3/4 to you.

Anyway, that’s the clearest statement I’ve ever seen Dave make.

So back to my Starks/Bill vs FTR strap match idea?

• Like 1

If Tony Khan can’t have hard conversations (and he certainly seems like he can’t), then he desperately needs a 1984-2004 Jim Ross to have those conversations on his behalf. 

We’ve probably all worked for a weak manager that only makes shit worse because they’re too scared or timid or non-committal to having hard conversations that set expectations and correct behavior. TK for all the good he brings sure seems like one of those guys, so please give him a results-oriented, asshole of a deputy. Today. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 3