DVDVR Message Board

July 2023 Wrestling Discussion

2 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

What is this gibberish? Are you having a stroke? Do you smell burnt toast?!

(Actually, I think whoever is running the simulation that we're in might be having one.)

IT'S FUCKING REAL. 

Disney is usually super cool with letting their intellectual property be used in unauthorized ways, so he's probably fine. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

IT'S FUCKING REAL. 

Disney is usually super cool with letting their intellectual property be used in unauthorized ways, so he's probably fine. 

To be fair, do you think Disney can honestly prove that it's NOT Brian Knobbs?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

24 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I used the sad emoji because of poor Kermit being used like that.

Would be funny if the Disney C&D said "That's not gonna work for us, brother"

The Shidster weighs in.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Goitre said:

I remember one of the WWF announcers used to call Hogan "the Hulker" in the early days.

Dick Graham, on the PRISM broadcasts of the Philadelphia Spectrum house shows. Super annoying and mediocre.

• Like 3

Random thing I didn't realize until yesterday: How many Canadians there were in the Truth Commission

Kurrgan is from New Brunswick, Sniper is from Quebec, and Jackyl is from Manitoba

although, Bull Buchanan.. not a Canadian

Wikipedia is on the same wave-length:

it was rumored in 1997 that Truth Commission would be the bodyguards and hired guns of The Hart Foundation.

imagine the mega-Hart Foundation: Bret, Owen, Bulldog, Neidhart, Pillman, Furnas, LaFon, Kurrgan, Sniper, Recon, and Yokozuna

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

imagine the mega-Hart Foundation: Bret, Owen, Bulldog, Neidhart, Pillman, Furnas, LaFon, Kurrgan, Sniper, Recon, and Yokozuna

+10 points for the Scoops reference! 

12 hours ago, Peck said:

Ok, Hulk's sex tapes are getting REALLY freaky. 

Hulkster and Kermit pulling an Eiffel Tower was not the image I needed in my head this morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JLowe said:

“That wasn’t me who said that word, brother, it was the frog!”

"First of all, sir, step back and remove your hand from the poor frog's orifice!"

"Second of all, with all due respect, that's a load of BS, because the frog's turned orange from screaming 'stop fisting me, you sick bastard' constantly for the last half an hour!"

"Third of all, we've got a Disney on line one and they'd like to have a word. No, not THAT word!"

• Haha 5

Disney gon buy the rights to No Holds Barred and remake it with Bobby Lashley as Rip...

If Seth MacFarlane was here he'd probably make a "Disney's cool with the puppet as long as he only says anti-Semitic slurs" joke...but honestly I never got his harping on Disney being anti-Semitic what with Walt in the ground for like half a century and Michael Eisner running the company the bulk of our formative years....

On 7/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, Log said:

I will always remember the Mercer call, "He's about to explode all over his face!"

I always remember Shawn "Mikels" and the "Sleep Hold". In fact that is what I call both to this day.

• Like 1

Just now, ka-to said:

I always remember Shawn "Mikels" and the "Sleep Hold". In fact that is what I call both to this day.

I think I actually prefer "Sleep Hold" to "Sleeper Hold". Is that weird?

Disney already own Hulk Hogan. Before Vince had Jerry McDevitt, he nicknamed the Hulker “The Incredible Hulk Hogan” and Stan Lee said No You Don’t.

And because Vince hadn’t yet learned the importance of having a good lawyer, the name Hulk Hogan ended up copyright of Marvel comics.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

But those Spectrum shows had "Killer" Kal Rudman!

Love the shows -and Rudman was an entertaining sort of awkward.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Disney already own Hulk Hogan. Before Vince had Jerry McDevitt, he nicknamed the Hulker “The Incredible Hulk Hogan” and Stan Lee said No You Don’t.

And because Vince hadn’t yet learned the importance of having a good lawyer, the name Hulk Hogan ended up copyright of Marvel comics.

I believe Disney's copyrights for those expired like a decade ago as stipulated in the original contract.