DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

10 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I like to imagine Randall Cobb is one of like three people on the planet who can "speak Aaron Rodgers." So he's not really there to play football but translate Rodgers to the other players.

Or Rodgers can communicate with him since he was a ghost in 2020 & 2021 

• Haha 3

Also... if they're soft floating this already, he's never going to call a single snap:

"A notoriously committed individual"...  read that as, "oh wait, this is a lot harder than I thought it was. I was just gonna half-ass this thing but I'm gonna look like an idiot when I do."

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The absolute idiocy of not adding a roof...

A lot of Bills fans disagree with me, which I understand both stances, but I am glad they are going without a dome. The cold and snow is part of what gives Buffalo games their charm, I don't want every game in the NFL to played in 70 degrees with no wind or precipitation. Give me rain and snow and wind and chaos.

• Like 6

I am much more accepting of it when specifically talking about football

That being said - it seems really weird to give up the revenue you can get from hosting events all year round (especially concerts)

Granted - I am still more baffled by the Twins not putting a roof on their baseball stadium

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also... if they're soft floating this already, he's never going to call a single snap:

"A notoriously committed individual"...  read that as, "oh wait, this is a lot harder than I thought it was. I was just gonna half-ass this thing but I'm gonna look like an idiot when I do."

Has Brady ever half-assed anything in his life?  It seems like it would be out of character for him.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am much more accepting of it when specifically talking about football

That being said - it seems really weird to give up the revenue you can get from hosting events all year round (especially concerts)

Granted - I am still more baffled by the Twins not putting a roof on their baseball stadium

Concerts with acts that can fill a football stadium play open in ones without a roof all the time, Buffalo isn't getting a Super Bowl or Final 4, they have no need for a roof.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

A lot of Bills fans disagree with me, which I understand both stances, but I am glad they are going without a dome. The cold and snow is part of what gives Buffalo games their charm, I don't want every game in the NFL to played in 70 degrees with no wind or precipitation. Give me rain and snow and wind and chaos.

I don't think you'll get a lot of Bills fans disagreeing with you. All of my friends and family that are Bills fans are happy they're going without a roof. Then again, we're used to brutal winters here (except this year anyway) so the cold never bothered them anyway.

Although paradoxically, we kinda hope the Bears, if they get a new stadium in Arlington Heights, get one with a retractable roof mainly because we all live an hour and a half from Chicago (2 hours from Arlington Heights I guess) and we're likely to go to their new stadium more frequently than the Bills new stadium.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 8:58 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

If he ends up on the Vikings in 2024 I am going to laugh so hard...

You shut your filthy mouth with this.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

That QB plays for the Browns.  He never played for the Texans

Not only did he play for the Texans the Texans helped him hire the women masseuses he...do we have a single word that actually means what he did? It feels more than harassment, less than assault. He seems to have thought to himself,  "where is the line for me going to jail?, I'll stop right before that." Either way,  all known malfeasance happened in the uniform of the Texans,  as far as we know he's a changed man who has never had a single massage since becoming three quarterback of the Cleveland Browns. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Not only did he play for the Texans the Texans helped him hire the women masseuses he...do we have a single word that actually means what he did? It feels more than harassment, less than assault. He seems to have thought to himself,  "where is the line for me going to jail?, I'll stop right before that." Either way,  all known malfeasance happened in the uniform of the Texans,  as far as we know he's a changed man who has never had a single massage since becoming three quarterback of the Cleveland Browns. 

Nope, he never played for the Texans. This all Easterby’s fault.

• Haha 1

Schedule will officially be released on Thursday night

Few scheduling changes

• The one that will cause the most confusion. Conferences aren't wedded to Networks anymore (ie: CBS shows AFC, FOX shows NFC). Every game every week is up for grabs now. So you will need to check every week which channel your favorite team is playing on.
  • Teams can now play up to twice on Thursday 
  • Teams are not longer assured a primetime game (ie: not every team will have a Thursday Night game)
  • And there is a Black Friday game starting this year

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 8:43 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Nope, he never played for the Texans. This all Easterby’s fault.

You should be a lawyer with a line like that! 

• Haha 3