DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

On 4/24/2023 at 11:46 PM, cubbymark said:

Aaron might be better than Tua. If you’re a Tua Stan, your biggest fear should be if he ends up as Chris Chandler 2.0 aka Crystal Chandelier.

I’m glad he can’t directly hurt my Bears anymore. 

It's ok. Only Ryan Pace really hurts the Bears.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dan Patrick revealed on his show today that SF has explored trading for Lamar.  

Apparently their decision is starting Brock Purdy.   (lol)

I’d feel safer with Purdy for the minimum salary he’s making the next three years than over paying to get an injury prone run first QB who’s won less playoff games than Purdy. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I’d feel safer with Purdy for the minimum salary he’s making the next three years than over paying to get an injury prone run first QB who’s won less playoff games than Purdy. 

…and who is potentially unsignable long-term due to his excessive contract demands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Matt Nagy. Ted Phillips. Old Lady McCaskey. I could go on.

One day we'll find out Virginia has been dead for the last 10 years and they've just been doing a Weekend at Bernies thing with her.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Craig H said:

One day we'll find out Virginia has been dead for the last 10 years and they've just been doing a Weekend at Bernies thing with her.

Its not like they were much before that. . . 

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers is already

"so comfortable Wednesday in unfamiliar surroundings that he removed his shoes and was walking barefoot in a meeting room with coaches."

according to ESPN.  What a douche.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tabe said:

Aaron Rodgers is already

"so comfortable Wednesday in unfamiliar surroundings that he removed his shoes and was walking barefoot in a meeting room with coaches."

according to ESPN.  What a douche.

That line is like 100% lifted from Bull Durham.  "When you win 20 in the show, you can have mold on your sandals and the press will think you're colorful! "

Speaking of AFC East QB's... the rumor is Belichick hates Mac Jones and wants to trade up to #2 overall to grab Levis. 

• Like 4

I mean, who the hell can tell at this point with any of these QBs, but as a Colts fan, I'm kind of glad other people are going after Levis. Out of the four up at the top of the draft, he's the one I'd be least excited about. But, again, who the hell knows?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That line is like 100% lifted from Bull Durham.  "When you win 20 in the show, you can have mold on your sandals and the press will think you're colorful! "

It was 100% a power move by Rodgers to see how much the new staff would accommodate him. Well, they just showed him he can do whatever he wants. That worked so well for Denver last year with Russ. 

• Like 3

Well, well, well,  guess who didn't need an agent, got his money and became the highest paid quarterback in the game? Because the Ravens had no choice,  you don't let your young MVP quarterback walk away. They could have done this before last season,  saved a shit load of money, and made @LF2 a complete stranger to me... but nope they wanted to play hardball. Well,  I hope they lose every game and the team goes out of business as they are an abomination to the football gods. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Well, well, well,  guess who didn't need an agent, got his money and became the highest paid quarterback in the game? Because the Ravens had no choice,  you don't let your young MVP quarterback walk away. They could have done this before last season,  saved a shit load of money, and made @LF2 a complete stranger to me... but nope they wanted to play hardball. Well,  I hope they lose every game and the team goes out of business as they are an abomination to the football gods. 

I’m a stranger to you? That hurts. And I don’t mean like the second highest paid QB in the league either.

I think in the end we were both right on Lamar. You were in favor of him getting paid, and I simply didn’t think he was worth a fully guaranteed contract. So it feels like the Ravens found the proper middle ground, and now they’ll either get lucky and win a Super Bowl (if they somehow add Deandre Hopkins their odds obviously go up), or they’ll stay the course and win one playoff game in the next five years.

One last thing I hope I didn’t ever personally offend you during our conversations. I did enjoy the banter.

It sounds like the offer didn't really change much? It still kinda feels like Lamar didn't get the interest he wanted, Ravens said "ok we'll throw a bit more in the pot" and they just came to an agreement in the middle. Which is good for both sides.

EDIT: I swear I don't have Dolfan muted, I blame the board.

• Like 1

Someone posted the current Top 15 highest paid players list (after Lamar's deal) - the Top 14 are QBs and 15 is Aaron Donald

So the second Joe Burrow gets his new deal - all of them will be QBs

• Like 1

Just to avoid confusion - I am gonna close this thread till after the 1st round

Of course - I will probably need @Dolfan in NYC to reopen it since it will take a miracle for me to even be awake for the Giants pick

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked this topic
16 hours ago, LF2 said:

I’m a stranger to you? That hurts. And I don’t mean like the second highest paid QB in the league either.

I think in the end we were both right on Lamar. You were in favor of him getting paid, and I simply didn’t think he was worth a fully guaranteed contract. So it feels like the Ravens found the proper middle ground, and now they’ll either get lucky and win a Super Bowl (if they somehow add Deandre Hopkins their odds obviously go up), or they’ll stay the course and win one playoff game in the next five years.

One last thing I hope I didn’t ever personally offend you during our conversations. I did enjoy the banter.

If I can get everyone to understand one thing about me and what I do here,  it's this...I don't really care about any of this shit.  Seriously,  these are my actual opinions,  but I'm the type of person who can and will debate anything. I have a friend who is convinced I believe that I can tame a grizzly bear, because I got bored at work and told him about how I was looking into how to adopt an abandoned grizzy bear cub. 

14 hours ago, elizium said:

He took his shoes off? That's what passes for controversy?

There are two types of people in this world,  the type who think people should see their feet and everyone else who is fucking grossed out that you think it's appropriate to take off your shoes in inappropriate places. 

• Like 4