DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The compensation on the Okudah trade is a 5th round pick

Context: Okudah was the #3overall pick just 3 ago. He got hurt and has not been good when not hurt. 

Re: Sunday Ticket

At that pricing, I will not be a buyer. If they take RedZone away from Non-YouTube folks, my 77-year old mom will lose her mind. She loves RedZone and it's a big part of our Sundays together. 

Is bet365 a thing in the States? bet365 Canada had every NFL and MLB game available last season, and you only needed to keep money in your account. I have left a penny in my account for the last five years so I can watch some European soccer leagues that they stream. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Context: Okudah was the #3overall pick just 3 ago. He got hurt and has not been good when not hurt. 

I appreciate that context because all I remembered was him as a blue-chip recruit who went on to be a high first round pick.

I'm a little surprised they gave up on Okudah for that little. He showed flashes a few times last year.

But he was a sunk cost left over from the previous regime, so I'm not like in shock. But I thought they'd see how he fit in with the new signings.

56 minutes ago, Infinit said:

How often do the Lions hit on their picks? Lol

Lamar makes them a player in the NFC immediately. 

And losing the picks plus paying him is worse than keeping Goff. Did you see how well Goff played last year? Plus he doesn’t sit out playoff games, and bemoan his future because he’s all up in his own feelings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Infinit said:

Why aren't the Lions trying to get Lamar? That would be a pretty good team if they got him.

Because the guy they already have threw 12 more TDs with twice as much yardage? Goff was really good last year. Ever since the Lions switched OCs at the end of 2021, he's put up numbers. Quarterback is nowhere near the position that most needs help. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Valid points! 

Plus look at the sports books. They already have Detroit with the fourth best odds of any NFC team to win the Super Bowl (behind San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Dallas) and seventh overall (add in KC, Buffalo, and Cincinnati). 

That doesn’t scream that they need to overpay for an injury prone, butt hurt QB. 

If they stay the course they’ll be fine for the next 5+ years (or if they draft a QB at 6 instead of going all in on Jackson).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LF2 said:

Plus look at the sports books. They already have Detroit with the fourth best odds of any NFC team to win the Super Bowl (behind San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Dallas) and seventh overall (add in KC, Buffalo, and Cincinnati). 

As a Lions fan, I find that kind positivity terrifying. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tabe said:

As a Lions fan, I find that kind positivity terrifying. 

Personally I’d put them ahead of Dallas considering how Dak performs in the playoffs. I have a feeling the NFC winner will be a surprise team this year unless the 49ers win the conference. I’ll wait until the preseason, but I could see Detroit or the Giants possibly going to the Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, LF2 said:

Personally I’d put them ahead of Dallas considering how Dak performs in the playoffs. I have a feeling the NFC winner will be a surprise team this year unless the 49ers win the conference. I’ll wait until the preseason, but I could see Detroit or the Giants possibly going to the Super Bowl. 

Shhhh. I do not want hope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

Shhhh. I do not want hope. 

Okay then drop the one team from my prediction, and I’ll look like an idiot when my favorite team goes 10-7, and loses in the first round to whomever wins the NFC South. Which speaking of delusional I can’t believe how many people are betting on the Saints to win the Super Bowl. Like they actually think Carr is a top 5 QB (in his conference maybe, overall not a chance in hell).

5 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Okay then drop the one team from my prediction, and I’ll look like an idiot when my favorite team goes 10-7, and loses in the first round to whomever wins the NFC South. Which speaking of delusional I can’t believe how many people are betting on the Saints to win the Super Bowl. Like they actually think Carr is a top 5 QB (in his conference maybe, overall not a chance in hell).

Carr will help them but...