DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XII - 2/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I guess Codywatch 2022 means I'm going to watch this.

So, uh... why is Ronda's arm going to be tied behind her back?

Probably because Sonya is supposed to be injured from when Ronda put her in the arm bar. Sonya was at some GLADD event last week and she had her left arm in a sling.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:09 AM, Ziggy said:

After the incident a few years ago and they got stuck over there,  Did their paydays go up for taking these Shots. With all the rumors of how unhappy guys were and guys saying they weren't going back. I know it's a lot of new guys but I Imagine that is not a trip people are happy to make 

Taking an 18+ hour flight to wrestle in a ring that's close to 100 degrees (80 degree temperature + heat from lighting above the ring) doesn't sound too enticing and that's before we even talk about the potential of being held political hostage on a tarmac.

• Like 1

I follow Bianca on Instagram and it appears they are pretty much getting treated like Royalty. Even Sonya Deville was out there in the Festivities. These guys are absolute marks so I'm sure if your a featured attraction you'll probably get top notch treatment Plus I imagine alot of them were offered a higher pay for at least these last two Saudi shows.

Was the tag match cut for time or something?

The women's EC match was halfway decent but the rest of the card was mediocre at best. Lita did a good job given her extensive time off. I get this was kind of a throwaway show given that it was in Saudi Arabia and all, but the men's EC match was hot garbage that once again made no one but Brock look good.

Since Lashley was never technically eliminated does he get shoehorned into the WM title match?

No short term memory repetitive booking has been done better than the last few months.

They're probably not doing a unification match, but if they did, Roman should win it and throw the Raw title off a bridge because that belt is pretty much been booked like the USWA Unified World Title this year.

44 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well at least we got Liv Morgan doing his Brittney Spears look.   Keep this up the Saudi's might have to rethink the idea of showing no skin.   

Oh Happy Black History Month everyone

Why are we not counting Booker T and Mark Henry?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, w. josh said:

It's a good thing Brock is young, healthy, and not prone to fucking off into the woods when he gets bored. Perfect guy to feed literally every other performer in your promotion to. 

I mean, yeah. 

They didn't know what to do with Thatcher, Busick, Hero, and Joe. They don't care if the fans chanted Wallllterrrr (for years) for unknown/indie Gunther. They probably thought Gulak was Danielson when they booked him against Danielson, who I'm pretty sure they thought was Roddy Piper or something, so they really don't know what they currently have in Gulak (but we can still hope...)

... who cares if Rollins, Riddle, and even Styles don't measure up? They shouldn't volunteer to play cartoons with a real life Sloth (admit it, WWE is still that cartoon movie and Brock is born of Donner's Goonies. He's such a goon!)

Really just makes you wonder how Vince feels that Austin AND Rocky just fucked off and left him with Lesnar and ... that DX guy...

Personally, I thought Styles looked great in there, but I don't think he's ever been on Lesnar's level. With Superman booking he's there, but he can't even get right his Superman hair.

15 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why are we not counting Booker T and Mark Henry?

They were both World Champions.The tweet is referring specifically to the WWE title.

In a serious promotion Brock winning wouldnt just lead to a unification match. It would lead to him defending the title before challenging for the Universal belt ala WK with the IC/World title unification last year.

My 'free' month is still active from ordering the Rumble with my boys but we aren't gonna bother with this show.