DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XII - 2/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Hope you're not doing anything President's Day weekend.  

Start time is *12 PM Eastern* because they're over there.  (And once again, yes, we all know.  You don't need to say it.  In fact, don't!) ? 

THE CARD!  (Updated as they announce)

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - The Almighty Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Austin Theory vs. AJ Styles vs. Riddle

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S TITLE - Bianca Belair vs. Doudrop vs. Rhea Ripley vs. Nikki A.S.H. vs. Liv Morgan vs. Alexa Bliss

FOR THE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Goldberg

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lita

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP  - The Usos (c) vs. The Viking Raiders

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE - Drew McIntyre vs. Madcap Moss

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio

Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair/Sonya Deville vs. Naomi/Ronda Rousey

-- 

And here I thought Riddle wasn't going to be able to go because of his love of... horticulture. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hope you're not doing anything President's Day weekend.  

Start time is *1 PM Eastern* because they're over there.  (And once again, yes, we all know.  You don't need to say it.  In fact, don't!) ? 

THE CARD!  (Updated as they announce)

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - The Almighty Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Austin Theory vs. AJ Styles vs. Riddle

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lita

-- 

And here I thought Riddle wasn't going to be able to go because of his love of... horticulture. 

Brock Lesnar's first Elimination Chamber match ever and Lashley's second, he was in the worst one ever at WWE ECW December to Dismember 2006. Wonder who gets Roman Reigns' now Seth Rollins is in the Chamber? Big E?

Edited by The Natural

16 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Brock Lesnar's first Elimination Chamber match ever and Lashley's second, he was in the worst one ever at WWE ECW December to Dismember 2006. Wonder who gets Roman Reigns' now Seth Rollins is in the Chamber? Big E?

Mansoor.

Not even joking. He's technically a member of the Smackdown roster.

He'll pin Roman but Roman's foot will be under the rope so between EC and SD, Heyman will have petitioned to get the title back on Roman and the result of the match thrown out.

• Like 1

Didn't they want to stop doing the EC a few years back because of how expensive it was to move the whole thing from wherever it's warehoused (Florida somewhere)? I can't imagine the cost and logistics to move that whole thing overseas. 

I'd imagine they're doing a women's EC as well. Since the men's EC is from competitors on Raw it makes sense the women's would be from SD, but there are only like 8 women on that roster now. Having three women from each with the winner getting a shot at their brand's title would make the most sense. Bianca winning then completing the story of getting her belt back from Becky at WM would make the most sense, but we've seen recently they care more about showcasing part timers on the big shows instead of having logical conclusions to storylines.

59 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Didn't they want to stop doing the EC a few years back because of how expensive it was to move the whole thing from wherever it's warehoused (Florida somewhere)? I can't imagine the cost and logistics to move that whole thing overseas. 

That and the original version was unsuitable for some arenas with its circular shape so we've the square structure since Elimination Chamber 2017.

Edited by The Natural

I just had to explain to my nephew and his pals why we're not gonna watch the EC. " I can't boys. I tried once and yelled at the TV for three hours". That sparked me into going off for five minutes while they're trying to get back to their D and D game. ?

• Like 2

Goldberg is much like Thanos. He's inevitable. I hate it, I dont understand it, but I know this is a thing that will happen so I'll just ride it out.

But for the love of god, why the hell is Madcap Moss and that stupid ass outfit he wears getting another PPV match against Drew? I mean god damn, of all the guys you could pick to push, of all the guys you give a PPV slot to, you pick him? Not Cesaro? Not Richochet? Ali is sitting home begging to be let go and you give tv time to MADCAP MOSS? What the hell?

From a continuity standpoint, what has Goldberg done to even earn a Universal Title shot? He beat Bobby Lashley in his last match...so wouldn't that mean he should want to fight Lashley? I guess they didn't think about that before they threw the chamber match together.

10 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

From a continuity standpoint, what has Goldberg done to even earn a Universal Title shot? He beat Bobby Lashley in his last match...so wouldn't that mean he should want to fight Lashley? I guess they didn't think about that before they threw the chamber match together.

I think it's more of a " The prince wants Goldberg". Which is funny in a few ways.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I guess they could say that Goldberg is pissed off that he trained for Roman match at the first covid Mania, and since Roman pussied out of facing him then (and subsequently Goldberg had to face Braun whom he wasn't prepared for, and got, well "those hands"). Goldberg wants revenge for that, as well as the title back.