DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

Why is no one on here concerned for Paul Heyman's well-being? He is in Europe with the finest doctors and his IC champion goes on to lose to junky Dolph Ziggler, the man is hurting people.

I could see Bryan still somehow win the Rumble and we get Orton vs. Cena vs. Bryan. But I cannot confidentially believe he'll win. The 6-Man, Orton/Langston and Punk/Harper were all fun. I think the whole authority angle would benefit if the last three months had been more condensed. Like after Night of Champions they should of done the Big Show knocks out everyone angle and crunched a month off. I concur with those who felt someone should of tried to help Show and get stopped, it was a dull ending. I am left hoping that the Wyatts are doing someone else's bidding and this all makes sense in hindsight.

One more thing, Tyson Kidd is back and I had to rewind it when he came out because I could not quite remember who he was.

Kidd's match was the only one other than the 6-man and Punk/Harper that got no FFing from me. I thought he looked great out there.

I was glad he was back, it annoyed me though that it seemed he was only there because of Total Divas and if he hadn't had his marriage filmed he'd have been wrestling Gabriel on Smackdown instead.

Big Show has been abused by HHH for months. He has no beef with Orton. You would think that as part of his settlement he would ask for a match against HHH. But no, he wants a WWE title shot.  In two weeks, the past three months of storytelling will be long forgotten and Orton v. Big Show will be focused on how much more desirable Orton is to women.

If they wanted to, they could play up that whole Sheamus/Orton/Show team that fought The Shield and mention how Orton kept questioning Show's loyalty. That would be too easy, though.

Big Show has been abused by HHH for months. He has no beef with Orton. You would think that as part of his settlement he would ask for a match against HHH. But no, he wants a WWE title shot.  In two weeks, the past three months of storytelling will be long forgotten and Orton v. Big Show will be focused on how much more desirable Orton is to women.

If they wanted to, they could play up that whole Sheamus/Orton/Show team that fought The Shield and mention how Orton kept questioning Show's loyalty. That would be too easy, though.

That happened more than three weeks ago so no one remembers.

Korporate Kane was  amazing, btw.  I loved the way he got the chairs and threw them into the ring, I feel like he's The Authority's offensive coordinator.  After weeks of having their 3-1 advantages blow up in their faces, they hire Kane to direct the offence: "No, no, he's a damn giant, you've got to get the chairs! Here. Here. Here!  Now beat him with the chairs.  Good, good.  Now if he gets up, I'll try to set him on fire."  I hope he doesn't wrestle for months, just coordinates for Orton and The Shield, then finally has to team up with Orton at a later date.

• Like 3

I'm nearly convinced they have a rotating writing staff that cycles between writing Raw, SmackDown, and Superstars/Main Event. I want the good writing staff back again because the last two weeks have been the fucking shits /pritchard

I liked Harper/Punk. Harper’s got some good-looking punches and kicks (and, of course, his Clothesline is great), and that sort of Crossface he had on Punk looked pretty painful. I also like the concept of that ‘Gator Roll’. It’d make a great setup for an actual finisher, driving the crowd nuts with that ‘Oh fuck, he’s going to put that submission on in a moment’ realisation, perhaps. One thing I wonder is what’ll happen in time when the Wyatt Family disbands. I hope it doesn’t happen for a long time yet, but it’s inevitable. Wyatt’ll make it, I don’t doubt. Rowan probably won’t (but I say this based on the very, very little I’ve seen of him), but I’d hate it if Harper got lost in the shuffle. I love his look and he’s a very entertaining big man in the ring, but what will he do once he’s cut loose from Wyatt?I started watching WWE again about a month or two ago, and since then I’ve felt it’s been very... disorganised and chaotic, like it lacks any structure whatsoever. You have four singles champions coming in and out and having matches without any rhyme or reason, and none of those championships seem to mean anything. Orton fights Langston because... a couple of people (supposedly) voted for it in the first part of Raw? To me, there just doesn’t seem to be any prestige attached to any title anymore; it’s just an easy, yet hollow, reason to book a match. That’s it. I don’t care about who wins or loses ANY title anymore because I have the distinct feeling that WWE doesn’t care about any title anymore either. Only the tag titles have some emotional force behind them due to the great storyline with the Rhodes. But the singles titles... I don’t care, and it saddens me. Plus, it’s difficult to take any reign seriously anymore because, hey, you can win any of four titles and call yourself a champion. There’s no hierarchy amongst them. I wish they’d just cut it down again to WWE Champion and Intercontinental Champion, and put a lot more focus and prestige on them.Hot Goldust/Cody/Cena VS Cesaro/Swagger/Sandow match... Let’s follow it up with Dolph VS Axel. I fail to see the logic there. The crowd was completely dead for it, and you can’t blame them at all.Kane in a suit is... something else. But I love it. I desperately want to see where that’s going. If APA Bradshaw can become a suit, so can Kane. One thing I don’t understand: why isn’t anyone coming out to help Big Show? Why isn’t Daniel Bryan there to help? 

That Punk/Harper match was NICE. Great brawl.

As far as why Bryan no-showed Big Show: He's bandaged up from the Wyatts the week before and clearly not 100%. You think he's going to run in against those odds considering he has three psychos gunning for him now?

Daniel Bryan not helping Show is one thing the writers actually got right (by accident due to his monstrous de-push). Why should Bryan be out there for him? He screwed Bryan at Battleground and was nowhere to be found when Bryan was getting hosed by the Authority at HIAC. He only showed up to help when it would it benefit him. Then he stole Bryan's chant for extra heat. I'd be like "fuck you, enjoy fighting the Shield and Orton by yourself, you self-serving crybaby" too.

• Like 1