DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

I'm for keeping the World Title, but you gotta split the brands again, so each show has one top title.

I liked those days, it felt big when you had a RAW vs. Smackdown match. I also miss those days when the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship were treated well. On PPV's, you had the WWE Chmapionship and World Heavyweight Championship taking turns as the main event match.

That six man ruled again like SD. Loved the finishing stretch with Cena's big flying crossbody and Goldust getting the pin. Cena & The Rhodes Brothers make a fantastic super babyface team.. love their champions pose with all the gold. Favorite commentary moment of the night had to be Cole missing JBL's 'vintage' setup. "What do ya call that Michael!" "A DDT."

I'm for keeping the World Title, but you gotta split the brands again, so each show has one top title.

I liked those days, it felt big when you had a RAW vs. Smackdown match. I also miss those days when the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship were treated well. On PPV's, you had the WWE Chmapionship and World Heavyweight Championship taking turns as the main event match.

I hated those days.  With the brand split PPVs, it often felt like one show was spinning its wheels while waiting for its turn to do a build to a title match.

With a brand split, I think you end up having to make one show the clear B show which takes a backseat the A show during occasions such as the build to Wrestlemania.  I don't think the networks are keen on that idea. 

The best path towards another brand split would probably be Cena being proven to be the only legitimate draw and him deciding he only wants to work Mondays.  Then, maybe Punk can take the Edge role of B-show lynchpin who is either a jerk heel or a jerk face.

Kinda surprised more people here aren't high on Luke Harper. He seems like a total southern-style brawling throwback that everyone would love. He needs to expand his mid-match filler a bit, but those strikes were vicious. I'd be down for a Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatt Family No DQ brawl at Survivor Series. It is a bit sad to see Bryan plummet down the card like this, but I guess I'll take my Bryan/Harper match and be happy.

6-man was pretty decent. Loved the finishing stretch a bunch, but the early stages didn't seem on par with The Shield's best work. Maybe it was just because the commentary was so distracting. It was hilarious to hear Del Rio get clowned by Cole on the mic, in a HHH-burial sort of way. Doesn't help ADR in the slightest, but I laughed out loud a few times, so it was entertainment I guess. 

Most of the rest of the show was fast forward material. Were they reading different parts of the deposition each time it was on screen or did they really play the same promo 100 times?

The HHH/Show segment was so incredibly terribly written. At least you know the writers weren't holding back on any potential gems for Bryan, they really just have nothing for the supposed top faces. I don't even like the fact that Show is the center point of this angle, but at least let him have his one moment in the sun. The crowd was so hot him owning HHH, but then they killed all the heat as soon as it began. That beatdown should've been saved for next week. Way too much too soon and for no reason. You can't have your top face make a triumphant return, then get beat down minutes later. That's just stupid. The worst part is they obviously didn't learn from the Bryan program and have already written themselves into a corner where Show is going to look even worse if he doesn't win the title now. And I don't think he has a very good chance.That said, it was good effort performance-wise from just about everyone involved. Show and HHH were good on the mic, and The Shield and Orton were great with the action. Corporate Kane would make a great comedy character, but he was so out of place here. Scary music hits that's supposed to be a game-changer, then he just walks to ringside and just throws a chair in the ring (nice catch by Rollins btw)? That's it? That's his big turn moment? Oh wait, I'm back to ragging on the terrible writing again, sorry. 

This show was okay but not the greatest.  I approve of Libertarian Kane.

There is not enough love in this thread for Cody Rhodes's apeshit insane moonsault spot near the end of the six-man.  Mother fucker was perfectly perpendicular to the ground at the apex of the move and was like NINETY FEET IN THE AIR~!

• Like 2

I've only watched the first half of this show (up to but not including the 6 man) but it seems like a hell of a lot of fun to me.  That said, I'm skipping all the recaps and hype and it makes the show hum along, I would probably stop watching Raw if I couldn't DVR it.  But, Harper-Punk was awesome, Orton-Big E. was awesome and that was quite a bump Khali took on the meathook.  

I never understand the people who complain every week about how long the show feels. Well why the hell are you watching it in real time? Raw, and TV wrestling in general is the perfect DVR show. You aren't SUPPOSED to watch all those recaps,PPV commercials, and Divas matches. Those are there to drag the show out for ad revenue. Fast forward on.

• Like 2

Corporate Kane makes it six people in The Authority that are more interesting and over than Randy Orton in this stable.

I'm pretty sure that's my problem with the whole Authority angle.  You have a stable of awesome guys, protecting Randy Orton.  They really couldn't have found anyone better to build this whole thing around?

I agree with those who said the final segment fell flat. It's like the writers have no idea what makes a face likable. This angle is supposed to be a Stone Cold like angle; can anyone here imagine SCSA getting fired and suing Vince for wrongful termination and discrimination? No, he would have waited until Vince was gloating in the ring like a Bond villain and then stunnered a thousand people before drinking thirty beers. I don't want to cheer for the biggest dude on the roster if instead of punching people he cries and threatens to sue when things don't go his way, especially after he had already shown up unannounced to fight the authority multiple times.

I haven't decided what would be sadder

Ziggler getting less votes than the Miz in a rigged vote

or

Ziggler getting less votes than the Miz in a legit vote

I think people just wanted to see the Miz get shitkicked for the umpteenth straight week.

• Like 1