DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

I'd still like an explanation why Korporate Kane has allied himself with THE MAN.

Unless it's a Wyatt thing, the explanation was ",You guys are really ruthless and evil. You've gained the power of Kane."

I like this; it makes Kane sound like some sort of achievable goal in a video game..."Your ruthless aggression grows!  You have unlocked KANE".

• Like 2

People are sleeping on Harper/Punk.  Harper's best match on the big stage and it was probably Punk's best match since Brock. 

I guess Daniel Bryan's comments about Randy Orton only making it this far because of his dad must have pissed off Randall. Back to the midcard ya go, Goat Boy!

It's usually way too hard to pick a definitive worst post in the Raw threads, but this week we have a clear winner!

• Like 3

So I didn't start watching until that glorified squash with the Usos, and my, was what I watched piss-poor. It felt like there were 1,000,000 commercial breaks, and I don't understand their obsession with warning you about what's next. Does anyone say "holy shit, a divas match, I'd better stick around," or "holy shit, a divas match, that gives me more time to see what's going on with the Packers and the Bears?"

And that "main event" segment, what crap. Went on for three days before the WWE-trademarked three-day long beatdown (though all the crazy-quick camera switches during all the chairshots was kind of a nifty trick). The big damn question during these forever beatdowns remains - why doesn't someone try to help the guy? Show helped Golddust and Cody win the titles, where were they? Show's buddies with Daniel Bryan, where was he? Wouldn't it add to the drama to have someone try to save him, but fail? It makes Show look friendless and stupid and everyone else look weak - "I ain't goin' out there." 

I think I've finally given up on this idea that Bryan is receving his big win at Mania. I was never in the "just wait..you'll see!!" Camp but I did want to give this a chance to play out.. with SummerSlam coming up short in buys.. I guess it was just a matter of time. The only glimmer of hope is that he did take out HBK.. so maybe that turns into something down the road.

Yea I thought this whole thing would play out with Bryan winning the Rumble and going to Mania but I really don't see that happening now. I almost expect them to do a Title Unification Match between Orton/Cena. Not sure what they do with the Royal Rumble winner if they do a Title Unification scenario though.

Whoever said "Kane Rand" gets a big prize.

I didn't see the whole show yet. I really liked that six-man a lot. Super heated, super fun match and a definite keeper for the Best of the Year list. I like how Zeb and ADR found common ground with their seething hatred of John Cena. I actually like this sub-division lot. There are now a bunch of guys who get to work with THE guy -- Sandow, Real Americans, ADR -- who normally wouldn't have that shot. Cena's still out of the fray of the Authority and Bryan/Punk stuff. Obviously none of these guys really presents a threat to win the belt but Sandow and Cesaro and ADR rule.

Kane does everything he's told to do without much of a complaint. So he fits the Pidgeotto personalty perfectly. Big Show on the other hand isn't loyal. Attacking his boss(trainer), and screwing up big plans is a total Charizard move.

And that "main event" segment, what crap. Went on for three days before the WWE-trademarked three-day long beatdown (though all the crazy-quick camera switches during all the chairshots was kind of a nifty trick). The big damn question during these forever beatdowns remains - why doesn't someone try to help the guy? Show helped Golddust and Cody win the titles, where were they? Show's buddies with Daniel Bryan, where was he? Wouldn't it add to the drama to have someone try to save him, but fail? It makes Show look friendless and stupid and everyone else look weak - "I ain't goin' out there." 

You're searching for a long term narrative in WWE's storytelling. Golddust and Cody were rehired a few weeks ago. Which means that the wrestlers themselves don't recall that they were fired. Same goes for Bryan.  Maybe the guy has taken one too many hits to the head, but he doesn't seem to remember he was controversially cheated out of the title two weeks ago.  

Big Show has been abused by HHH for months. He has no beef with Orton. You would think that as part of his settlement he would ask for a match against HHH. But no, he wants a WWE title shot.  In two weeks, the past three months of storytelling will be long forgotten and Orton v. Big Show will be focused on how much more desirable Orton is to women.

Big Show has been abused by HHH for months. He has no beef with Orton. You would think that as part of his settlement he would ask for a match against HHH. But no, he wants a WWE title shot.  In two weeks, the past three months of storytelling will be long forgotten and Orton v. Big Show will be focused on how much more desirable Orton is to women.

Big Show should have asked for a match where if he wins, HHH has to be his butler and Stephanie has to be his maid for a month.  Just imagine the awesome skits we missed out on.

I think I've finally given up on this idea that Bryan is receving his big win at Mania. I was never in the "just wait..you'll see!!" Camp but I did want to give this a chance to play out.. with SummerSlam coming up short in buys.. I guess it was just a matter of time. The only glimmer of hope is that he did take out HBK.. so maybe that turns into something down the road.

I think the only person under 40 to benefit from being involved in a HHH angle the past 5 years or so is Cody Rhodes.

I think the only person under 40 to benefit from being involved in a HHH angle the past 5 years or so is Cody Rhodes.

I was going to say Sheamus. Even though Sheamus lost to HHH at mania he was the one who put him out of action for close to a year. But then I remembered the 2/28/11 Raw where HHH came back and absolutely destroyed Sheamus in about 45 seconds.

At this point, if I had to guess, I'd say we're getting C.M. Punk Vs. Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. They'll team for awhile. Tease dissension. One will "accidentally" eliminate the other from the Rumble. Then we get the full-blown heel turn from one of them & a match at 'Mania.

EDIT: Come to think of it, they could do that with the Rhodes brothers instead.

Edited by Skelemania

If I beat up a retiree who just wanted to shake my hand, I'd be an asshole. Daniel Bryan does it and everyone says good for him

Yes, because that's exactly how it went down.  Shawn was some 75 year old man asking politely for a handshake, and not some fortysomething guy who can still go acting like a total dickhead after screwing Bryan over the night before.

• Like 2