DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

And two things:1) Did Bryan not winning the belt have a happy ending? No. Did a really good story get told? Yes. The dude never got a fair shot and couldn't pull the trigger with the odds against him. The story's also not over, mind you -- he can get that shot back right away. The Big Show's involvement ties into the story. So do Dustin/Cody. There has been a ton of great stuff.

2) I don't care about the ratings. But the ratings might have tanked because the story is more of the same -- evil authority figures rig the system. It's been well-executed but I could totally buy no one wanting to see HHH and Steph anymore. And, naturally, no one in the company can or would really say that to them.

• Like 3

Optimism is always better than hating the show before it pays off.At this point you guys should probably just stop watching.

I should know this. Citizen Kane is used for clapping but is there a standard internet gif for spittakes?
Hey now, I watched the Summer of Punk even though it was brutally boring, and eventually I got my pay off with the People's Elbow and the reaction on here. If I'd given up on it early on, I wouldn't have had the satisfaction of seeing grown men openly weep because their favourite fake fighter job to the WORST. MOVE. EVER.
  • Like 1

Optimism is always better than hating the show before it pays off.At this point you guys should probably just stop watching.

Optimism is not the same thing as going out of your way to ignore the red flags staring you in the face. Especially when it happens literally every single year.

But you already knew that.

I was wrong. But I enjoyed the angle a lot more than you did, so I enjoyed a lot more of the last three months than you did. So who really wins?Besides, if they really do Michaels/Bryan at Mania that's far bigger than anything they could have done with him on normal tv.

But what will you say when they do Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan in a 18 second iron man match instead. 

What do people see in Titus O'Neil? The only thing that speaks for him is is his size, apart from that he's terrible all around.

He was by far the worst guy on NXT Season 2 and that's saying a lot, since that season also had Eli Cottonwood and Lucky Cannon.

It's because anytime he wrestles with JBL on commentary he always says something like "Cole, mark my words, this man will be a big star one day". So of course all the DVDVR puppets eat it up and regurgitate it like it's the gospel. Trust me if JBL started saying that about Davey Richards they would start praising Davey as the second coming like the typical DVDVR two-faced punks they are.

Both of thems.

Big E can talk, we'll see if Roman can develop some mic skills.

Joe can talk. He's a fairly charismatic guy. He's just kind of soft-spoken. By that I mean his voice is quiet. He's a funny dude, and was one of the more popular guys on the team at Georgia Tech. I think he's got unlimited potential...

What do people see in Titus O'Neil? The only thing that speaks for him is is his size, apart from that he's terrible all around.

He was by far the worst guy on NXT Season 2 and that's saying a lot, since that season also had Eli Cottonwood and Lucky Cannon.

It's because anytime he wrestles with JBL on commentary he always says something like "Cole, mark my words, this man will be a big star one day". So of course all the DVDVR puppets eat it up and regurgitate it like it's the gospel. Trust me if JBL started saying that about Davey Richards they would start praising Davey as the second coming like the typical DVDVR two-faced punks they are.

You're one step away from cutting DDP promos here.

I think Titus could have a decent run. There was that pop when he and Roman Reigns stared each other down on that Low Carders vs. Shield match on Raw. I just hope they don't split the PTP, just have Darren Young cheering him on, maybe going for the US belt. O'Neil has some charisma to him and size, which will help.

Can someone please tell Vince no one tunes in to see Great Khali? The big tall guy mystique to him is not really there anymore. Although a feud between the Punjabi Playboy and Tyson Kidd for Natalya's hand would of been funny for a five minute segment every now and then.

The potential card for Wrestlemania seems really bland to me, have to see how it all goes down. Another Cena/Orton match, Ryback vs either Big Show or Goldberg, and Brock/Taker... I hope we get that HBK/Bryan match and Taker/Sting instead. I cannot fathom them asking $60-70 for the current card they seem headed towards. Goldust/Cody could be intriguing.

I just wish the WWE Creative could craft one storyline that doesn't flicker out, but they dropped the ball with The Nexus, with Summer of Punk and this Authority angle is not really doing anything for me. I don't really hate it, I just don't find myself caring about the next show for it. I know it is hard to balance out the egos and churn out a good show every week but they always seem to miss chances to make moments. Sandow's mitb shenanigans with Cody could of been done better, it went nowhere.

• Like 1

I was a "see how it goes" guy I guess. You know why I'm not upset? Because I haven't been holding on to unrealistic expectations for months.

My expectations, that WWE would find a way to fuck up Bryan's run, proved eminently realistic.  

Haha the last time Sheamus and Bryan went 18 seconds it did a lot more for Bryan than Sheamus.

Yeah that's true it kick started his popularity
  No it did not. Let's please not build up FSW's trolling fever dream into an actual myth. The people who were chanting for Bryan the night after Mania were the people he was already popular with.