DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

Prazak was in a difficult position because he had to play along to an extent but the others just wouldn't shut the fuck up and it detracted. Prazak literally said "meanwhile, back in the ring," and even then... 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the WOL show the other day where Dave got some low-key payback on GCW shitting on him by casually mentioning  that GCW used plants to start the whole garbage-throwing thing.  Nothing says hardcore, renegade indy like working something like that for attention.  Maybe they'll work a riot next.  Between this and the IWTV rights kerfuffle, I'm wondering about Lauderdale.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I really enjoyed the WOL show the other day where Dave got some low-key payback on GCW shitting on him by casually mentioning  that GCW used plants to start the whole garbage-throwing thing.  Nothing says hardcore, renegade indy like working something like that for attention.  Maybe they'll work a riot next.  Between this and the IWTV rights kerfuffle, I'm wondering about Lauderdale.

GCW can afford plants? How big do you think the budget is, after they spend all that money on light tubes and doors?

• Haha 1

how has nobody mentioned the spot where Jimmy Lloyd stuck the syringe in that dude's ear and shot the water through it. Or when he shoved it up the dude's nose and did the same thing?!  So fucking sick and i'm sure the payoff wasn't worth it as I haven't heard or saw anyone even talk about it. 

10 hours ago, Hagan said:

Smart Mark Sterling did a really good heel promo in Night 2 and the MDK vs Ohio guys is gonna be one of the hotter indie matches of the year. Gage has a big next bit ahead of him between ther Jericho match tomorrow, this War Games, the inevitable rematch with Cardonna and presumably the Moxley match in GCW is still on the table. 

I've watched more GCW in the last few months than I ever have by coming in and parachuting in for the main events and angles. I like it when it tries to be ECW. I don't like when it feels like I'm watching XPW, if that makes sense. There's a thin line there.  And, as noted, the commentary has got to change. I can't deal with a commentator screaming fuck and bitches at me while I'm trying to watch a wrestling match. That shit is so oft-putting and alienating. Like let the wrestlers curse up a storm but Gill just screaming about how Cardonna is a little fucking pussy for twenty minutes takes the attention off the match and towards the commentary. It's horrendous. 

I watched the Homecoming preview on Fite... That commentary made me not want to purchase the rest of the show. Zero professionalism.

Edited by Wyld Samurai

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

how has nobody mentioned the spot where Jimmy Lloyd stuck the syringe in that dude's ear and shot the water through it. Or when he shoved it up the dude's nose and did the same thing?!  So fucking sick and i'm sure the payoff wasn't worth it as I haven't heard or saw anyone even talk about it. 

If it involved Jimmy Lloyd at any point, there is no payoff.

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I watched the Homecoming preview on Fite... That commentary made me not want to purchase the rest of the show. Zero professionalism.

I get the entire "We, as everyone in this building including the announcer and commentators, hate Matt Cardona," happening during that segment, but literally every other show, match, segment, whatever, it's usually just two people badgering on (usually not about the match), with rough delivery at that. There's literally people you can pay for almost nothing to come in a do commentary. Or just have no commentary—even that would be an improvement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I tweeted about it!

My tweet was: "I encourage everyone not to gif those syringe spots"

• Like 2

Jimmy Lloyd is not my cup of tea. Getting booked because your friends are stars is carny 101 though and I get it but him being in the Main Event was akin to Beefcake At Starrcade 94.  

The commentary is horrible. Dave Prazak is ok and did all he could to make the show listenable but every match doesn't need f bombs dropped.  I know it's not a family product but not all adults need to hear swearing and screaming on commentary. Did Joey Styles need to swear? Did Paul E?  Jim or Tony? None of the greats did and there is a reason. True talent doesn't need to be over the top. I felt bad for Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's odd how IWC No Holds Barred uses largely the same Wrestlers as GCW, but the commentary is so much better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Jimmy Lloyd is not my cup of tea. Getting booked because your friends are stars is carny 101 though and I get it but him being in the Main Event was akin to Beefcake At Starrcade 94.  

The commentary is horrible. Dave Prazak is ok and did all he could to make the show listenable but every match doesn't need f bombs dropped.  I know it's not a family product but not all adults need to hear swearing and screaming on commentary. Did Joey Styles need to swear? Did Paul E?  Jim or Tony? None of the greats did and there is a reason. True talent doesn't need to be over the top. I felt bad for Dave. 

But to be fair that Social Distancing Match he did with Janella was one of the greatest things ever and that was not an easy thing to pull off.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 7:29 AM, Technico Support said:

And now theyre selling Meltzer's tweet about it on a shirt, as well as "GCW Plant" shirts. 

On 7/26/2021 at 1:23 AM, Craig H said:

And yeah, not great someone threw in a pizza cutter, but pizza cutters are pretty dull.

I always thought it was kind of a wack weapon to use because I've never had a sharp one around the house. And then Jericho's arm got sliced last night and my opinion changed...

I am hyped as fuck for PWG's return after 19 months this weekend.  I won't see the show until it's out on DVD, and will have to get the results online but, man, is it good to have them back.  They also just announced the next show, Threemendous 6 (18th anniversary show) for late September.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:09 AM, Technico Support said:

LOOOOOL carnies gonna carny

Difference is that most carnies wouldn't be dumb enough sign a deal that ended up unfavorable, try to beg out of it and get told no, say "Fuck it" and just pretend it no longer exists and get hit with a slam dunk lawsuit that's probably going to end up bankrupting the guy.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, Technico Support said:

I am hyped as fuck for PWG's return after 19 months this weekend.  I won't see the show until it's out on DVD, and will have to get the results online but, man, is it good to have them back.  They also just announced the next show, Threemendous 6 (18th anniversary show) for late September.

Good news, everyone! HUAWEI released Official WatchFace Designer Tool. -  HUAWEI Community

Spoiler

Super Dragon, the Halley's Comet of wrestling, is doing matches again. New boom period incoming!

Edited by S.K.o.S.
Spoiler tagging it even though I can't imagine anyone's trying to go unspoiled for 3 months
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Yeah, Super Dragon and Tommy End? Orange Cassidy. Lee Moriarty and Jonathan Gresham. SoCal Uncensored dropping a hint that they'll be distributing their shows quicker with a vague tweet. Not live, but something better than what we've had. 

This sounds like enough to get me back on the PWG train. TBH Super Dragon coming back is enough.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3