DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

18 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

It still amazes me that GCW does not have a website. Facebook doesn't count.

- RAF

More and more indies seem to be doing away with actual websites. Facebook, Twittah, Instagram...that's where it's at, now. ?

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 10:09 PM, hammerva said:

This feud must continue

After watching this and looking at the makeup of the people that go to these Action Figure podcast shows for Myers and Cardona, I kind of wish the July  24th match in Atlantic City was kind of like the Ring of Honor vs CZW feud where you get half the crowd looking like GCW fans and the other section of fans looking like they just came back from renting a cabana on the beach/pool for the day.    

Side note but I sometimes wonder what Johnny's dad would think about how he runs Jimmy's Seafood now.  From what my dad told me about him I don't think he ever thought the banquet hall would be a place that had a pull-apart like this.  But sometimes when thinking back to going there as a kid it's amazing to see how much it's gotten more famous in wrestling and other areas.  Johnny might be an ass at times but full credit to him for how he's running it.

I still can't believe that there's a chance Gage vs Cardona of all people might end up being one of the best feuds of the year.  Between that and Ian's face turn I might have to check with the TVA about this here timeline.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

1426699077862.jpg

I gots no social media presence and I likes it that way. I do enjoy being able to access a centralized site for consumer info like event dates and such. I go when I want w/o notifications and messages and such. Is it that difficult/uncool to maintain a site - I am sure they paid for the domain names, no? Anyway. you can pry those MySpace indy fed links from my cold dead bookmarks folder, you whippersnappers. Now have a Werther's and I'll tell you some scary stories about WebTV.....

- RAF

• Like 1

Just when you thought indie wrestling couldn't get weirder:

I am sure there have been plenty of public access commercials featuring local wrestling.   Probably not one selling fried chicken with light tubes though

• Haha 4

TalkDown 3.16
"Born To Be Wildcard"
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 15, 2021

The two wildcard matches go down, as four men vie to make the quarterfinals!
As always you must choose a winner or a draw for each match listed below, as well as a "Promo Of The Week" only this week.

*** DEADLINE TO VOTE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16 AT 9:00PM, PACIFIC ***

WILDCARD ONE:
(10) Jeff Christie
(7) Mean Machine, Sr.
DRAW

WILDCARD TWO:
(9) Malik Melo
(8.) Max Cage
DRAW

PROMO OF THE WEEK:

BONUS MATCH:
Draven Andrews (w/Sleazy Steve) vs. Elliot Tyler
REFEREE: Handsome Pete
(August 15, 2020 in Summerland)

I think they managed to alter the song just enough to avoid lawsuits but I was highly amused by that commercial.  I don't know how the place actually is but would be curious to see if any Jersey folks here tried it.

Remember when I said indie wrestling couldn't get any weirder.  Well scratch that when GCW runs shows in Wyoming 

I believe Janela made a joke later on about how the donkey's back must be as bad as 1998 Shawn Michaels after dealing with Jimmy Lloyd.  I must say the atmosphere of this show is really cool to see.    And we still haven't gotten Ricky Morton and 2 Cold Scorpio 

• Haha 1

Scorpio wrestled Chris Dickinson in the second match, and it was pretty good. The show has been entertaining thusfar with GCW embracing oddball stuff while still putting on decent wrestling and thumbing their nose at detractors at the same time. I'm sure people are complaining about the quality, which has been a bit choppy at times but far from unwatchable. When I had the WWE Network it was often worse than this. I wonder how much of the audience are actual GCW fans vs people who just heard about live wrestling and some sort of public entertainment going on for the first time in over a year.

From reading Twitter, the Jordan Oliver vs Gringo Loco match was a bit mind blowing for some in the crowd.  Also it seems like an animal mutiny is on our hands

So according to Janela, the cops were called after Gage and Mance warner started brawling in the concession stand area.  So apparently the Memphis tapes never hit the Wyoming area 

Edited by hammerva

AKIRA vs Nolan Edwards is probably my favorite death match of the year, from Masters of Pain 2021. Crazy brutal match. I had only seen one match of us since he missed all his Wrestlemania shows. SHLAK vs Shane Mercer was also nuts, a junkyard match on a trailer and old car outside. I think overall TOS 666 was better. Edwards, Alex Colon and G Raver did this a week after it though!

TalkDown 3.18
"Semi-Finals Kinda Life"
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 29, 2021

Only four remain, as we head to next week's finale! You must choose a WINNER for BOTH matches, plus as "Promo Of The Week." NO MORE DRAWS ALLOWED!

*** DEADLINE TO VOTE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30 AT 9:00PM, PACIFIC ***
*** PLEASE NOTE THE EPISODE'S ERROR WHEN IT COMES TO VOTING DEADLINE ***

SEMIFINAL ONE:
(6) Justin Cider
(1) Dylan Murphy

SEMIFINAL TWO:
(2) The Advocate
(3) Rick Jules

PROMO OF THE WEEK: