DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

Not that I know of... it's possible Finlay got hurt, the ref didn't realise and called a kickout that didn't happen, and so Dickinson attacked him to end it (so he didn't need to try and do moves on a KOed guy).

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

Move over Rickey Shane Page, GCW has a new top heel:

I love love love the way this unfolded. And for all the dogshit commentary I have to endure with GCW, that was a most excellent job by the announce team.

Pretty goddamn great.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 4

It tricked me as well. I thought it was going to be who it ended up being, then everything unfolded the way it did and I was switched to thinking it was the other guy, then that reveal at the end. Masterful job, I loved it.

For sure didn't have that on my 2021 Wrestling Bingo card, but here we are and I'm 100% in.

• Like 2

I enjoy GCW, I was at ToS yesterday. However I don't care about this at all. I'm sure that I've seen Cardona on some PPV over the last few years, but I have no recollection of him. He is just a name that I know from the Observer newsletter.  I know that he went to Elite recently and I can't even remember who he is there. It might be cool to see a new wrestler that's a big deal do good. It might be cool to see Gage carve him up and send him away. 

Edited by ka-to
  • Haha 1

That was "DDP disguised as La Parka" level fantastic. Cardona got Moxley's mannerisms down to a T. Great to see he still has his "work the Internet" chops, especially with the GCW fanbase convinced Gage is going to legit murder him. Seriously, no one behind the scenes there deserves to promote another show again if this is one-and-done with Cardona getting dispatched.

• Like 2

I thought Cardona's Twitter work was solid leading up to this but there were hints on the podcast that this would happen.  I have never seen him heel it up like this but I'm intrigued by how this plays out.

9 hours ago, ka-to said:

I enjoy GCW, I was at ToS yesterday. However I don't care about this at all. I'm sure that I've seen Cardona on some PPV over the last few years, but I have no recollection of him. He is just a name that I know from the Observer newsletter.  I know that he went to Elite recently and I can't even remember who he is there. It might be cool to see a new wrestler that's a big deal do good. It might be cool to see Gage carve him up and send him away. 

Wait is it that you didn't know Matt Cardona was Zack Ryder's real name or that you never heard of Zack Ryder to begin with?

I am guessing that the reason we are jumping to Gage vs Cardona and not Gage vs Moxley is because looking at the latest picture of Renee Pacquette at the Vegas Knights game that baby is ready to pop any day now.   The idea that Moxley is working light tube and barbed wire death match in the first 6  - 8 months of his first child is a joke.  

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Wait is it that you didn't know Matt Cardona was Zack Ryder's real name or that you never heard of Zack Ryder to begin with?

I am guessing that the reason we are jumping to Gage vs Cardona and not Gage vs Moxley is because looking at the latest picture of Renee Pacquette at the Vegas Knights game that baby is ready to pop any day now.   The idea that Moxley is working light tube and barbed wire death match in the first 6  - 8 months of his first child is a joke.  

Zach Ryder is just a name from the Observer to me. I'm sure that I've seen him on some PPV, but I have no memory of it.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ka-to said:

I think part of the appeal is that it's "Gage vs. WWE guy" (technically ex-WWE guy, but that's where everyone knows Cardona from).  It could very well be the closest we ever get to the fantasy world where Gage gets signed and is still allowed to be Gage.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:53 AM, Pete said:

That was "DDP disguised as La Parka" level fantastic. Cardona got Moxley's mannerisms down to a T. Great to see he still has his "work the Internet" chops, especially with the GCW fanbase convinced Gage is going to legit murder him. Seriously, no one behind the scenes there deserves to promote another show again if this is one-and-done with Cardona getting dispatched.

I am going to be genuinely disappointed if this ends up being a one-and-done because I personally would love to see the heat build beforehand by having Ryder beat 1 or 2 of the more undercard-ish GCW deathmatch guys using only his WWE moveset. Maybe even do an angle where he says "fine, I'll wrestle a 'warm-up' deathmatch against someone that's not Nick Gage" and go through the trouble of setting up a light-tube board, a fuckery board, and a couple of panes of glass in the corners, tease whipping him into those a couple of times only to have him not take those bumps at all and have him win with the Rough Ryder (I think that's what his WWE finisher was called?).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am going to be genuinely disappointed if this ends up being a one-and-done because I personally would love to see the heat build beforehand by having Ryder beat 1 or 2 of the more undercard-ish GCW deathmatch guys using only his WWE moveset. Maybe even do an angle where he says "fine, I'll wrestle a 'warm-up' deathmatch against someone that's not Nick Gage" and go through the trouble of setting up a light-tube board, a fuckery board, and a couple of panes of glass in the corners, tease whipping him into those a couple of times only to have him not take those bumps at all and have him win with the Rough Ryder (I think that's what his WWE finisher was called?).

Do the Chris Hero heel shit like grab a chair like he's going to use it as a weapon, then just sit down and slap a headlock on the guy.

My idea: have his "WOO WOO WOO" WWE music play all the way through during his matches like the world's whitest, dorkiest New Jack.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Do the Chris Hero heel shit like grab a chair like he's going to use it as a weapon, then just sit down and slap a headlock on the guy.

Or heck, the next evolution of this, start to swing like he's going to do an unprotected head shot, only to pull back, poke him in the stomach with the end of the chair, and then hit flat across the back "because that's the sports entertainment way".

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Pete said:

My idea: have his "WOO WOO WOO" WWE music play all the way through during his matches like the world's whitest, dorkiest New Jack.

OHHHH RADIOOOO TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!

(7) Zack Ryder 5th WWE Theme Song "Radio" (V2) (With Quote) [High Quality+Download Link] - YouTube

This feud must continue

After watching this and looking at the makeup of the people that go to these Action Figure podcast shows for Myers and Cardona, I kind of wish the July  24th match in Atlantic City was kind of like the Ring of Honor vs CZW feud where you get half the crowd looking like GCW fans and the other section of fans looking like they just came back from renting a cabana on the beach/pool for the day.    

On 6/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, AxB said:

I love this little nod to WWE. Such a cool build up all-around for this. 

I don't think I've ever paid money specifically to see Gage or Cordona/Ryder, but I'll definitely be paying to see this. Wrestling done right in 2021. 

• Like 2