DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

Really recommend last night's Beyond Master Class show  Last five matches were really good and the main event was a fun hardcore with Slade against Atticus Cogar.  The main angle seems to be this group that is very similar to the Gated Community faction in NOVA Pro with Logan Easton Laroux and Alexander James but it also includes Richard Holliday and the leader is Wheeler Yuta.  All of them had matches.   Richard Holliday vs Tony Deppen was real fun.  Holliday has improved so much since coming to MLW.   Laroux vs Trish Adora has faced each other a few times and still very good.   Yuta vs Willow Nightengale was a great title match.  James vs Chris Dickinson was good as well

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Really recommend last night's Beyond Master Class show  Last five matches were really good and the main event was a fun hardcore with Slade against Atticus Cogar.  The main angle seems to be this group that is very similar to the Gated Community faction in NOVA Pro with Logan Easton Laroux and Alexander James but it also includes Richard Holliday and the leader is Wheeler Yuta.  All of them had matches.   Richard Holliday vs Tony Deppen was real fun.  Holliday has improved so much since coming to MLW.   Laroux vs Trish Adora has faced each other a few times and still very good.   Yuta vs Willow Nightengale was a great title match.  James vs Chris Dickinson was good as well

No offense to Slade/Cogar but IWTV does hardcore so much, I could care less anymore: turned it off because I'm just MEH on the whole concept of hardcore wrestling.

Yuta/Nightengale was really, really good. Deppen/Holliday was also excellent. I like that Beyond tries to think outside the box, for such things as "hey, let's not play Yuta's new faction's music 50 times tonight," and had them out there for four straight matches, instead. It made it a little weird that the only guys making saves were the very next guy in the very next match, but hey...they tried something different, and now just need to work out the kinks. Kudos to them.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
21 hours ago, hammerva said:

Logan Easton Laroux really deserves more eyeballs on him. He's improved so much over the last few years that I think he's due for a breakout.

The guy whose improvement has impressed me the most is Alexander James.  If you would have told me 5 years ago that he could possibly get an NXT contract I thought you were nuts.  That work in Germany and other parts of Europe completely transformed him

BUSSY EXPLODES! ? Effy accepted Allie Katch's open challenge next Saturday (my birthday!) for GCW's You Only Die Once. It's also Allie's homecoming, since the show is in Texas.

7 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Logan Easton Laroux really deserves more eyeballs on him. He's improved so much over the last few years that I think he's due for a breakout.

I'm personally hoping that breakout comes as BLANK/Saint Jaxon DuPont. One of my absolute favourite looks by a wrestler

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
12 minutes ago, elizium said:

I'm personally hoping that breakout comes as BLANK/Saint Jaxon DuPont. One of my absolute favourite looks by a wrestler

Either/or, really. He's been doing great and is deserving of more attention. If it comes as part of the BLANK/Edith Surreal team, even better because Edith is also really cool.

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Indie wrestler Megabyte Ronnie who looks like a damn good Hulk Hogan impersonator competing in the Nathan Hot Eating Contest was funny 

I never heard of him but was highly amused seeing him on the show.  I also am such a sucker for the announcer going as over the top in the intros as possible.

ICW NHB 14 on IWTV today was pretty good. Insane Lane vs Neil Diamond Cutter was brutal. Akira had a good match. Then John Wayne Murdoch defended his title against Dan Maff,short match but good. After that Eric Ryan came out and challenged JWM and we got a bloody match. 

• Like 1

TalkDown 3.19
"Heavy Medal Love"
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: July 6, 2021

Please choose a winner or a draw for the first two matches, but ONLY a winner for the Championship Finale.

*** DEADLINE TO VOTE: THURSDAY, JULY 8 AT 8:00PM, PACIFIC ***

CONSOLATION MATCH:
(1) Dylan Murphy
(2) The Advocate
DRAW

GRUDGE MATCH:
Lance Skullz
Casey Peake
DRAW

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
(6) Justin Cider
(4) Rick Jules

What’s an easy way to post photos here from your phone? I went to the west coast pro show today in south San Francisco and it was awesome. My first show in 20 months. There were five matches on the undercard, and then after was the double main event of Jorel Nelson vs Karl Fredericks, which was awesome and 

Spoiler

went 21 minutes

and they really slugged each other throughout the match. They did an angle at the end to set up a tag match next month. 

Final  main was Lee Moriarty vs Trey Miguel vs Starboy Charlie. Awesome fun match. They really tore the house down and I can’t wait to go back next month. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matt925 said:

What’s an easy way to post photos here from your phone?

Tweet them, then c&p them from twitter.

• Thanks 1

This was my favorite pic I took. Super fun show, I’ll be back next month. 

edit to add: I also have tix for the sold out hoodslam return to Oakland next month. There is a lucha show in Modesto next Friday headlined by Dragon Lee.  That’s about an hour away from me and I thought about it but probably won’t go. I saw a flyer about pwr doing some paid outdoor shows at a brewery street event in San Jose every weekend next month, I’ll definitely hit up one of those at least. And no word about apw, Markus Mac said they’d be running shows when they could get to full capacity, that’s now in California and the cities in the Bay Area, although it is now looking like things could change for worse. 

But regardless, I’m so excited to have all this wrestling back. I can pretty much go to a show once a week, and there’s good wrestlers on the shows. 

Edited by matt925
  • Like 1