DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Hey, New Japan cancelled all their shows for the first half of March because of the coronavirus.

Anyone going to Mania week - which normally ends up giving a bunch of people some sort of virus even in a good year - at the very least, bring some hand sanitizer.

A bunch of Wrestlers and fans got sick at New Year's, because someone attended Beyond Wrestling's NYE show while contagious. Chris Dickinson got full on pneumonia.

Edited by AxB
No need to edit, I just thought it was funny that I randomly got top post on three of the last four pages. What a koinkidink!

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

Da fuq? What could he have possibly been using other than purest powdered sugar on the market?

It's genetic, man.  Joe is what Samoans on the gas look like.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat. I mean, he's got a weight problem. What's the nigga gonna do? He's Samoan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Anyway, as discussed in the Japan folder, NJPW has just cancelled all events from 3/1-3/15 due to the COVID-19 Outbreak. 

This does not surprise me at all. I thought it was weird how they kept it going when Stardom cancelled around a month's worth of show, including a big one in Nagoya, while their next big show after that will be an empty arena show. I know the two are under slightly different branches of Bushiroad, but I couldn't see that lasting with the choices Stardom made. 

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Undertaker has arrived in Saudi Arabia. Maybe he will attack the Fiend?

Hope you’re right. Considering Undertaker has so much pride he won’t retire the Tombstone reversal spot he keeps screwing up, I’m guessing he’s there to build to a Goldberg rematch to erase some of the embarrassment from last year. 

Good for Archer he's going to be a great addition to AEW. I haven't seen as much of his NJPW stuff but I liked him on TNA. He's going to definitely be in that Hager/Warlow class where they look like a freaking Giant compared to a lot of other guys, and that's exactly what they need right now IMO. Harper's gonna be another great one

That was the Crucible. I'm pretty sure he was padding out the numbers for his group from the WrestleFactory, since he was a trainer there. Or something. I know Kimber Lee turned (reluctant?) heel and joined.

Solo Darling is still awesome as usual.

I'm not sure if it's still going on, but their other big storyline was Boomer & Dasher Hatfield teaming up, then feuding with each other, and Molly McCoy was involved as well.