DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XI - 7/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So now the ultimate question is which is worst.  Brock as champion never defending and barely being on the show or the last 2 or 3 months of Seth Rollins and Baron Corbin. 

Bork not being there didn't actively result in shitty tv. Corbin being in a prominent position did, so I'd say that's worse.

• Thanks 2

Man,  I really liked most of the show.  I know Lesnar will be a hot topic in this thread but for one sec we should discuss how most of the matches were good to great and had nice finishing sequences. 

BIG FUCKING E.   Him and Bryan was probably the best thing on the show to me.   He was hulking up like Sting vs. Flair and then started mauling him,  meanwhile Bryan was doing some awesome submission work..  

WORLD TITLE MATCH with those two..  please.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

I liked the show but Jesus Christ that was the lamest and laziest possible way for Brock to cash-in and win.  

I don't think Brock "part time" Universal Champion works but I didn't think Seth & Becky "POWER COUPLE" was working at all either.   Heyman (or whoever) really needs to turn this roster and the booking completely on its head and start from scratch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Glad someone finally told Taker that wearing a shirt or a singlet isn't the worst idea at his age

Especially if the shirt says "World's No. 1 Bar-B-Q-er" and he's wearing it in his backyard while someone else wrestles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Brock Lesnar Pro Wres Savior reigns supreme again! I liked Seth as the guy, but Seth as beckys boyfriend has been shit, so thank goodness for Brock back on top.

Thought the show started strong, couple duds in the middle, then was ending weak before Brock. Loved the opening tag. Revival/Usos was good stuff. Thought Black/Cesaro was nearly perfect, excellent finish. Great finishes continued to stand out in the SDL tag and Styles/Ricochet. Last two matches and the LMS were hurt by extreme predictability of the outcomes. Raw Reunion next week should be the best.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think Brock "part time" Universal Champion works but I didn't think Seth & Becky "POWER COUPLE" was working at all either.   Heyman (or whoever) really needs to turn this roster and the booking completely on its head and start from scratch. 

Strowman is clearly getting rehabbed to be the unstoppable monster so that may be the direction it goes.  If anything, a lot of guys were getting the rehab treatment tonight (Nakamura, Owens, Black actually existing) which is why I thought the show was more positive than negative.  When I saw Owens come out for his match with Ziggler that late, I was all "God, I hope this ends in ten seconds."  And then IT DID!  

Nakamura/Finn and Gulak/Neese both seemed solid. i'm glad Nakamura is a champ again.

Taker/Roman vs. Shane/Drew was the best Taker match we've had in years. Was nothing special, but it was a perfectly fine opener with a hot crowd and Taker looking decent.

Revival/Usos was good but suffered being after the Taker/Roman tag.

Black/Cesaro was good

Bayley vs. Alexa/Nikki was ok. Hopefully Bayley moves on to something more interesting while they go whatever the next stage is with Alexa/Nikki

Strowman/Lahsley was a fun brawl.

SDL tag titles match was good. The finish with E and Bryan was so awesome.

Styles/Ricochet was good.

Owens/Ziggler was a merciful squash.

Kofi/Joe was nice enough while it lasted. Dug the flash finish though I wish the match had gone a little longer.

The mixed tag was fine, but I can't say I'm happy to see Brock as champ again. Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

Thought the show was decent-solid. Nothing amazing though there was some fairly good matches in Cesaro/Black, AJ/Ricochet, and the SDL tag titles match. These ppvs continue to be too long with too many matches.

• Like 2

I thought Kingston vs Joe was really good, imagine if Joe was booked stronger as a monster. 

Claudio vs Black was dope too.

Mostly every match was hot.

I want to see how Heyman books Raw know that Brock is Champ. I got no problem with Brock as Champ,especially is Heyman has creative influence because I'm sure he's going to try to keep the heat of Lesnar not being around as much.

With them forcing Seth and Becky relationship on TV every week is going to be worse for Seth without the title though 

My MOTN was Aleister Black/Cesaro. Great match with both smacking one another with strikes and Cesaro's selling of the left leg. Did anybody else hear the ref tell them to protect themselves near the end? 

I enjoyed Daniel Bryan/Rowan vs. The New Day vs. Heavy Machinery. I'd like Daniel Bryan to be brought back into the main event scene having now dropped the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles. It's a loss for the division but the main event picture takes priority. 

I'd say that's the best Undertaker performance and match in years teaming with Roman Reigns to beat Drew McIntyre/Shane McMahon. The tank top Undertaker wore tonight brought back Ministry of Darkness vibes. 

Mixed thoughts on Brock Lesnar as WWE Universal Champion again. I'm sick of Lesnar and how the top title on RAW is on a part timer. However the belt means little for a World Title and I didn't enjoy Seth Rollins with it. Rollins also acted a muppet on Twitter. In my ideal world, Cesaro would be WWE Universal Champion.

• Like 1

Brock is the highest paid wrestler in the company, by most reports. By my calculations via Wrestlingdata, since April 8 2018, he's wrestled 9 times for a total of 53 minutes. That includes walking out and climbing a ladder and last night. The guy is clearly the modern day super worker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, piranesi said:

Especially if the shirt says "World's No. 1 Bar-B-Q-er" and he's wearing it in his backyard while someone else wrestles.

Taker is grilling burgers and steaks with said shirt and this song in the background: