DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

1 hour ago, olythegreat89 said:

I really missed out not being able to go to WWF shows as a kid. They were pretty much giving tickets away in the mid 90s! So many MSG and Meadowlands shows I wish I went to. Now you can't pay me to go to a WWE live event.

I think I would've driven my parents bonkers if I'd known about all the spot shows WWF ran around NYC when I was a kid. "Moooom, what do you mean we can't go to Sunnyside Gardens tonight? They got Tony Garea vs Mr Wonderful!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

I really missed out not being able to go to WWF shows as a kid. They were pretty much giving tickets away in the mid 90s! So many MSG and Meadowlands shows I wish I went to. Now you can't pay me to go to a WWE live event.

I'll give you some Subway coupons.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This weekend I learned that Dangerous Danny Davis did an incredible blade job in a non-televised steel cage match against George The Animal Steele and that match immediately rocketed from a match I had negative interest in to one that is now high on my list of "holy grail" matches. This took place at the Meadowlands on the same night that Rick Rude jobbed to Jerry Allen in his New York market debut as WWF's way of testing his attitude.

JjF66jn.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

On the Vince pic, I didn't know they let morticians do make up on the living. . . .

We usually don't, but I bet Vince let Paul Bearer do his makeup all the time.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2