DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hama in BJW? Now I'm imagining him with blood blowing out of his head and I'm intrigued... and a little disturbed.

He is a part of the Heavyweight division so I don't think he is doing many, if any, deathmatches. 

Yeah they do way more regular-ass wrestling than death matches now.  They still have a deathmatch division with some crazy motherfuckers in it, but they've branched out to some pretty good hard hitting big hoss strong style shit.  

I mean it's all good but it's kind of like how DDT strays away from what brought them to the dance and makes them stand out from other promotions.  If every promotion does a little bit of everything they're not really unique.

• Like 1

f0e907a46b4cf9e5-860x484.jpg

Current Defiant Women's Champion Lizzy Styles. She's doing an evil Liverpool fan gimmick (Defiant tapes TV in Newcastle, last four iPPVs in Manchester, Sunderland, Leeds and Manchester again). Her finisher, a running knee to the head, is called the Virgil Van Strike.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I haven't had my head in BJW for a couple years now though I knew the Strong division had taken off with Sekimoto, Oka, etc. Basically it's been since Ditch got out of the game and Japan in general got all freaked out about their shit being on YouTube. 

Still, the image of Hama covered in blood smashing into Abdullah Kobayashi. While both are wearing those sumo diaper things. Can you imagine the smell?!

19 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember this shoot interview. Nash was eating a salad and then a steak during it and slurping red wine. As someone who hates eating noises, listening to this shoot was like nails on a chalkboard. I had to fast forward through most of the parts where Nash was eating.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah they do way more regular-ass wrestling than death matches now.  They still have a deathmatch division with some crazy motherfuckers in it, but they've branched out to some pretty good hard hitting big hoss strong style shit.  

I mean it's all good but it's kind of like how DDT strays away from what brought them to the dance and makes them stand out from other promotions.  If every promotion does a little bit of everything they're not really unique.

I'll take STRONG BJ over the deathmatch stuff 100% of the time but it's nice there's an option. I don't think either company has lost their identity yet. DDT is still fucking wacky and I generally enjoy that than the nise NJPW stuff especially now that they don't have Ishikawa to anchor the division.

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I remember this shoot interview. Nash was eating a salad and then a steak during it and slurping red wine. As someone who hates eating noises, listening to this shoot was like nails on a chalkboard. I had to fast forward through most of the parts where Nash was eating.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I remember it being pasta rather than a steak. But it’s been a while.

I also thought it was hilarious how little he seemed to care as he was stuffing his face. 

UPDATE:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2