DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Am I the only one noticing Kofi's chest?

Edit: Meant to put this in the Fastlane thread.

That he has a bird chest? Yeah I’ve noticed that for a long time. My friend in school had one too. It freaked me the fuck out one time. Because we were horsing around, and my hand slipped into that area. For 2 two seconds I thought he had a hole in his chest. But then he told me about what that was exactly.

Kofi’s isn’t as bad though. Jericho sort of has one as well.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

He had one, I guess, he died. Maybe Bix can do it! What?

13 hours ago, Dewar said:

Scott would edit it, and then half the shit he edited ended up in the newsletter anyway. ?

Scott would fix the punctuation and such, but didn't edit the actual content because he had too much respect for Dave's work to mess with it. The mistakes still making it into the final product are because the deadlines for publication were so tight, Scott would sometimes only have a few hours to edit before he would need to get it back to Dave, who would then sometimes miss some of the editing notes in the rush to get it to the printers. Scott was a damn good editor--I worked for him for a few months, and I learned a lot from him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That he has a bird chest? Yeah I’ve noticed that for a long time. My friend in school had one too. It freaked me the fuck out one time. Because we were horsing around, and my hand slipped into that area. For 2 two seconds I thought he had a hole in his chest. But then he told me about what that was exactly.

Kofi’s isn’t as bad though. Jericho sort of has one as well.

I believe both were for torn pecs that weren't surgically repaired?

Maybe this is somewhere else (I did a quick scan but I am also lazy)

Apparently Brie Bella confirmed on Total Bellas that she is retired

Take that for what it is worth

Yeah, he had a copy editor at one point (and, again, God knows he needs one) but that's not what I mean. I mean someone that will tell him when something needs cut, or significantly reworked. But since Dave is the publisher as well as the lead columnist, there isn't really room for boss like there would be at a "real" news organization.

I think Dave does a spectacular job covering wrestling on a whole, but he has big, obvious flaws and there's no one there to cover them up.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ace said:

I believe both were for torn pecs that weren't surgically repaired?

I remember Lance Storm bitching out someone on Twitter for making fun of Jericho's chest a few years ago.

29 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Went to the Toronto house show on Friday night and got to see the Revival and Gabe/Roode go for 45 mins in a 2/3 falls match. That was awesome.

Also, picked up a combo ticket for Summerslam weekend - less that $200 CDN for all 4 shows 

Liked to have seen that. Glad you had a good time and the tickets at that price for all four shows. Good going, Mother Canucker!

Kofi has a depressed sternum. Jericho, Taker and especially Scott Steiner have ongoing slow tears in their pecs, that are causing them to atrophy from the centre outwards. 

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/03/mark-henry-on-talking-with-jimmy-uso-after-his-arrest-651820/

I know Mark Henry is beloved here and I like him a lot too, but he sounds incredibly out of touch when he says that people backstage feel entitled or no one wants to do jobs anymore. The problem is that too many people are doing jobs and no one speaks up for their position. More than that, how the fuck can you feel entitled when you're given shit to work with?

• Like 1

What Henry's trying to say is that he made chicken salad out of chicken shit over the first decade of his career, so he can't understand why people are complaining about the relatively easy time they're handed.

ETA:  It also sounds like the newer guys think they're too good to do clean up after themselves, etc, which kinda shows a streak of unprofessionalism on their part.

Edited by Bustronaut

Mark Henry was sent to OVW repeatedly to lose weight, stuck in dead end gimmicks like Sexual Chocolate, given dead angles like D-Lo trying to get him to lose weight or having a hand with Mae Young, and basically did nothing until post-attitude era when he finally landed a winning gimmick and persona. He was also given an absurdly huge contract for someone with zero experience and WWE was stuck with him and didn't want to eat the kind of money he was owed. I wouldn't exactly call that making chicken salad out of chicken shit. He basically ate whatever shit was spoon fed too him until he got something that worked, just like everyone else today.

• Like 2

Yeah, this.  I mean I guess "refuse to leave a huge contract even though they're doing their best to treat you like shit and run you off" is some sort of story of perseverance, but it's not the kind they make after school specials about.  This is more like pestering a woman who wants nothing to do with you until, exhausted, she gives in and marries you.  And then you act like it was a great story of romance!

• Like 1

I think what I don't want is an old timer giving his wrestling opinionz 4 u when they're totally out of touch with what the environment is and they're completely in favor of however Vince does things. Vince thinking WWE performers have a sense of entitlement is the same bullshit as no one grabs for the brass ring. So which one is it? Do you want them to grab the brass ring and go for it or not? Because if you do, someone is going to feel a sense of entitlement. If they don't have that sense of entitlement, then they're going to be a-ok with doing jobs, which is about 95% of the roster.

The type of old timer WWE needs backstage is Jericho or even Austin because they would tell you to be a self-advocate and not be afraid to speak up or knock on Vince's door. FFS, Jericho told Kofi that he needs to go and fight Vince and that probably would up being one of the best things to happen to Kofi at the time because he's talked about how he was probably headed out the door until he stood up for himself. Vince's idea of what entitlement is isn't what entitlement really is. Other writers have spoken about this as well. If you don't stand up to Vince or look strong to Vince then he'll never take you seriously and I would imagine that's what his idea of entitlement is.

• Like 4