DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Do the people who think the WWE faked Roman's leukaemia so he could have time off to lift weights and film a movie have any explanation for why he came back looking less bulky? If he was doing Dwayne Johnson workouts the whole time, he'd have shown up on RAW with a Full Gear Challenge body. But he had an "I've lost a lot of muscle but I'm working on building it back" body.

Some naysayers have the perception that cancer patients are supposed to strapped to a hospital bed, on the verge of seeing the light. They think because Roman still looks fine that he can't be sick. They're ignoring that he's lost at least 40 pounds and has cut half his hair.. Roman isn't any bigger than Rollins right now.

It's general ignorance combined with wanting to think the worst of WWE, IMO.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Does anyone remember an old Road Warriors promo from the mothership where Hawk talks about spontaneous human combustion? Popped in my head today and I can’t remember how it went and I can’t find it.

I remember this! I tried to find it but only found one where Hawk talked about his dick and then threatening to rape Flair in the ring.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Do the people who think the WWE faked Roman's leukaemia so he could have time off to lift weights and film a movie have any explanation for why he came back looking less bulky? If he was doing Dwayne Johnson workouts the whole time, he'd have shown up on RAW with a Full Gear Challenge body. But he had an "I've lost a lot of muscle but I'm working on building it back" body.

Again, you'd have to ask anywhere else because no one believes he was faking it here. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Does anyone remember an old Road Warriors promo from the mothership where Hawk talks about spontaneous human combustion? Popped in my head today and I can’t remember how it went and I can’t find it.

There must be two, because the only Spontaneous Human Combustion promo from Hawk that I'm aware of is from Survivor Series 91 when talking about the Disasters.  

• Like 1

Haven't been to the board in a few days so apologies if this was hashed out but the Rousey work/shoot is fascinating as far as them doing such an unconventional build. I don't think I like it but a lot is gonna be how they handle it on TV. We're veering close to Russo Land but haven't quite gone full over.  

Anyway, it seems that the discussion around it has been pretty civil and interesting with people discussing the pros and cons of this build. 

It's also interesting that this is on the heels of Omega/Tanahashi building their main event as being more about conflicting wrestling presentations than about winning a match.

So last night me and a couple buds had some drinks and watched some matches with a novice fan. This is what we watched:

Hogan/Warrior from Mania

Flair/Funk I Quit

Stone Cold/Bret I Quit

Steiners/Nasty Boys Halloween Havoc 90

Hogan/Rock Mania 18

HHH/Daniel Bryan 

Sasha/Bayley from Brooklyn

Brock/Eddie from No Way Out

Bate/Dunne from UK Tournament

Goodtimes.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not only is Nia a shit wrestler, but she writes like a teenager. If you're 34 and using u, ur, and 2 instead of to; then you're an asshole.

"Just keep in mind that "be," "see," "are," "you"/

Are words, not letters/

Get it together/

Use your spell checker/

And you should never/

Write words using numbers/

Unless you're seven/

Or your name is Prince/"

--Weird Al Yankovic

One of the finest artists of our generation with, once again, sage advice. 

(To follow up on AxB's good point about grammar and spelling, as compared to his bad point about coins, for which I give not a farthing.)

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I did not see it that way.  Dave talked too much about the details which wasn't necessary,  maybe the speculation about the movie stuff was off also but I did not think bringing up hockey players was to in any way minimize what Roman went through.  I saw it as "this disease can affect people differently" which it can.. 

That was exactly his point on the podcast. I already directly quoted Dave from the podcast once, ums and uhs and yknows and all. I don't really want to do it again, but that was the point he was making. 

Regarding the medicine he was taking, I asked my wife about it since she's an oncology nurse and she has administered chemotherapy. She could see why some health professionals, including doctors nurses and pharmacists wouldn't consider it chemotherapy because unlike other oral chemotherapy drugs it doesn't cause the cell death consistent with those drugs. She personally would consider it chemotherapy though because if it's primary function, the need to monitor urine or be cautious of it, etc. are similar enough to other chemotherapy treatments. 

Just throwing that out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Dave is a guy who needs an editor. Not a copy editor (Lord knows he needs one of those) but if he was working for an organization and not a newsletter he self published, a good editor would've told him "it's great you did the research, but the article doesn't need all that about various hockey players with the same disease. Trim it, keep the story relevant." And, hopefully, he would've followed that advice on the podcast as well.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think Dave is a guy who needs an editor. Not a copy editor (Lord knows he needs one of those) but if he was working for an organization and not a newsletter he self published, a good editor would've told him "it's great you did the research, but the article doesn't need all that about various hockey players with the same disease. Trim it, keep the story relevant." And, hopefully, he world followed that advice on the podcast as well.

He had one, I guess, he died. Maybe Bix can do it! What?

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He had one, I guess, he died. Maybe Bix can do it! What?

Scott would edit it, and then half the shit he edited ended up in the newsletter anyway. ?

Honestly, he needs an editor that is not a wrestling fan, just someone to fix some of the phrasing and sentence structure.

• Like 1