Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Niners Fan in CT

RAW is 3 hours.. 11/12/18

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This makes me almost want to get back into GTA Online and make a criminal that looks like Dean Ambrose.

I think I have the unlock that would allow Niko Bellic to be his father.

Yo:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these go home shows are constantly going to be one brand attacking the other, I'd prefer if WWE just kills the brand vs brand idea after this year's Survivor Series.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Poor Singh Brothers.

Jesus. Singh Brothers need a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hulu version of RAW keeps the ending intact and in color when Becky starts bleeding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a moment where it looks like Becky first realized her nose got busted open, and she *threw*her*blood*out*of*the*ring*.  Loved it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Dragon said:

The problem is it's almost 100% the match at Mania isn't Ronda vs Becky, it's Ronda vs. Charlotte.

They are at a weird cross roads here, where I feel they need Becky to win via something screwy, and here is why: If Ronda beats the crowds pick for who should be the top act, they IMMEDIATELY put Ronda in Cena/Reigns territory in terms of "Rejecting WWE's chosen "Guy"" heat.

The safe move to perserve Ronda is do NOT have her beat Becky clean.

Hell with it - just run it exactly like the Austin/Bret arc. Ronda wins clean but only via desperation pinfall, Becky annihilates everyone at the Royal Rumble, rematch at Wrestlemania with the blood/passout/double-turn.

After that, set up a Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen tag match at a second Evolution PPV in mid-2019, then a final elimination match between aforementioned at next year's Survivor Series. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaos said:

If these go home shows are constantly going to be one brand attacking the other, I'd prefer if WWE just kills the brand vs brand idea after this year's Survivor Series.

Then, the writing team would have to come up with something a little more complex than red vs. blue. While they might be capable, we'll never get to see it as long the owner with an attention span of a 3 year old is around.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching what's happening with Becky Lynch is like actively watching something special happen with a wrestler where they're becoming the biggest thing in the company.

The only difference is that this isn't 20 years ago, hell it isn't even 10 years ago, and this creative machine has no idea what to do with this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Watching what's happening with Becky Lynch is like actively watching something special happen with a wrestler where they're becoming the biggest thing in the company.

The only difference is that this isn't 20 years ago, hell it isn't even 10 years ago, and this creative machine has no idea what to do with this.

I'd like to be optimistic but WWE fucks hot things up in recent times. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Watching what's happening with Becky Lynch is like actively watching something special happen with a wrestler where they're becoming the biggest thing in the company.

The only difference is that this isn't 20 years ago, hell it isn't even 10 years ago, and this creative machine has no idea what to do with this.

The crazy thing is that right now, it almost doesn't matter. They put her in any situation and she owns it, because she gets it. She goes over the top regardless of what she's given to work with. I'm sure next week she's going to be back in the Irish Jig gear that she started with in NXT and teaming with Nicholas or something and maybe that'll be insurmountable, but right now she feels uniquely bulletproof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The crazy thing is that right now, it almost doesn't matter. They put her in any situation and she owns it, because she gets it. She goes over the top regardless of what she's given to work with. I'm sure next week she's going to be back in the Irish Jig gear that she started with in NXT and teaming with Nicholas or something and maybe that'll be insurmountable, but right now she feels uniquely bulletproof. 

I was thinking about that too. It feels like when something special comes along, it's because WWE stumbles into it backwards. Whether it's Cena, Daniel Bryan, Becky, etc. they do this adverse booking bullshit and then lo and behold, like you said, the wrestler is uniquely bulletproof. The only thing I worry about is it felt like moving a mountain to do what they did with Daniel Bryan and I wonder if Becky will continue to go through the same kind of adversity.

In all actuality, booking this shit is easy. There have been two or three good ideas tossed around in here already for how to do this right and to build on something for the future. They just need to not backslide into doing Ronda vs Charlotte and maybe for once learn from UFC where you go with the best shit talkers and best heat machines to build around your marquee matchup instead of whatever plan was devised months ago. There just needs to be some sort of flexibility for this stuff where it doesn't take an injury or, sadly in Roman's case, illness to change booking plans. 

I know that last part flies in the face of something many of us wanted from WWE where they would actually have a plan and stick to it, but the results from that sort of booking are dim and if I had to choose, I'd rather the booking be more fluid.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you already love Becky Lynch, that's increased with a Johnny Cash reference.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression excessively posting pictures was slowing down the board. ;)

The quinoa lady is ragging on avocado talk? That's rich. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt D cracked it with his posts. Becky's owning it. Now is not the time to micro-manage. Once in a while something so organic will prop up, whether it be with Bryan or Braun and creative will shit the bed. Becky's swinging and hitting home run after home run and even when she does, she stumbles upon cool shit like getting color last night that keeps her boiling hot. She's raging against the machine and the fans and her coworkers are rallying behind her. You know something is uniquely special when the boys/girls in the back are losing their shit for it. It's awesome to watch. Truthfully I've soured a little on wrestling since the whole Saudi ordeal but Becky is single-handedly keeping me invested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The quinoa lady is ragging on avocado talk? That's rich. 

That was my first thought too was "Rousey really should have brought up quinoa"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said before, I don't think you should beat Ronda here either.  But with Becky,  she isn't another Daniel Bryan situation.  Vince is crazy but there WERE some logical reasons why you don't have Daniel Bryan be the face of the company.  His injury history being the biggest reason.  

Becky is young.  They absolutely should strap a rocket to her right now and hit she's on fire.  I'm not sure what WWE will do on Sunday, I HOPE the result is something that makes Becky and Ronda both look great coming out of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I was thinking about that too. It feels like when something special comes along, it's because WWE stumbles into it backwards. Whether it's Cena, Daniel Bryan, Becky, etc. they do this adverse booking bullshit and then lo and behold, like you said, the wrestler is uniquely bulletproof. The only thing I worry about is it felt like moving a mountain to do what they did with Daniel Bryan and I wonder if Becky will continue to go through the same kind of adversity.

In all actuality, booking this shit is easy. There have been two or three good ideas tossed around in here already for how to do this right and to build on something for the future. They just need to not backslide into doing Ronda vs Charlotte and maybe for once learn from UFC where you go with the best shit talkers and best heat machines to build around your marquee matchup instead of whatever plan was devised months ago. There just needs to be some sort of flexibility for this stuff where it doesn't take an injury or, sadly in Roman's case, illness to change booking plans. 

I know that last part flies in the face of something many of us wanted from WWE where they would actually have a plan and stick to it, but the results from that sort of booking are dim and if I had to choose, I'd rather the booking be more fluid.

The bigger problem for whether they do this is the elephant in the room for whether they'll go all in there: The Roman Reigns factor. 

The biggest difference between Becky Lynch and people like Cena, Bryan, Punk, Ryder, (name the hot hand that WWE cooled off) is that: Most of the time, those hot hands happened when WWE already HAD their "face of the company" they build around, and WWE could only change course in other instances. Cena got his chance because Brock Lesnar wasn't "the guy" and didn't want to stay. Daniel Bryan got his chance because the fans just flat-out refused anything else BUT HIM, and refused to give up on getting what they wanted until WWE had to cave...and even then, if CM Punk didn't walk out Bryan probably doesn't get the ball. 

That's a bigger difference for Becky Lynch right now- there's a vacuum at the top for "the face of the company", and ideally the person you go with is "who has the momentum on their side". If anything is against Becky right now, the biggest problem would be "this is the first time that a woman has the momentum on her side", and THAT'S something we have no clue on how WWE can react to something like that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Matt D cracked it with his posts. Becky's owning it. Now is not the time to micro-manage. Once in a while something so organic will prop up, whether it be with Bryan or Braun and creative will shit the bed. Becky's swinging and hitting home run after home run and even when she does, she stumbles upon cool shit like getting color last night that keeps her boiling hot. She's raging against the machine and the fans and her coworkers are rallying behind her.

I totally agree, but the problem with hot organic angles is that they sometimes go on too far past their freshness date like the nWo and the Bullet Club.

I think that it's great that Becky is fucking killing it, but I think it will be horrible if her aura dulls and she's finds herself jobbing in the mid-card to the hot future Diva that gets called up from NXT.  Riding the wave for too long never turns out well.  Eventually her stock will drop, but it doesn't have to hit rock fucking bottom.

Someone eventually needs to come up with SOMETHING to harness this energy for the long term, but I don't trust WWE Creative to do it.  Finn Balor could tell Becky how well that Demon King push turned out for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Suspected concussion, possible broken nose, no official diagnosis yet. 

Well, if that's real, THANKS A LOT NIA. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×