DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I haven't tried to check on Sat since the Heritage Classic league tourney last summer, but at that point it was Sunday morning. The whole setup with it being "live" on Peacock, then replays for a month on Hulu, then month-old eps going back to Peacock for the archive, is infuriating.
  3. Bayley/Naomi/Bianca/Jade vs. Tiffany/Dakota/Asuka/Kairi was pretty fun with some decent action and great crowd reaction. Dug Bianca & Jade's Dominator double team, and I loved Bianca clearly being at odds with Bayley during the match and even after in the backstage interview. Authors of Pain vs. New Catch Republic was good. The Authors were their usual monster selves with Bate and Dunne putting up a good fight with spirit, cleverness, & speed. Glad this got to happen in front of such a receptive audience in France. Knight/Angel was decent. Knight's promo with Santos afterwards was better. The RKO show was alright. I enjoy the revelation right before that Heyman hasn't actually spoken to Roman since Wrestlemania. Adds another nice wrinkle in the current Bloodline story. Street Profits vs. Theory/Waller was pretty solid. The faceoff between AJ and Cody was good and brought some decent drama to the table. Nothing here was great despite a good match in AOP vs. NCR. The crowd added a ton to the atmosphere with everything being made a bit better with their reactions. Hopefully Backlash delivers a show well worth this kind of hot crowd though I think it will be fun at worst.
  4. Man, the book I would write if I could have written a book twenty years ago when the right people were alive is just about the rise and fall of the Superstations generally, with lots of talk about wrestling, the death of the Bozo franchise, the way that Atlanta, Dallas and Chicago having home baseball and basketball games shown nationwide affected sports culture, all that stuff.
  5. Overview: Professional wrestler Ashley Massaro died by suicide in 2019. Ashley vs WWE follows events leading up to her death and examines allegations of abuse while she was wrestling for WWE. As journalist Isobel Thompson delves into Ashley's story, she investigates whether her allegations are just the tip of the iceberg. This story takes Isobel from the UK, to Ashley’s home of Long Island, and into the world of WWE wrestling in the early 2000s - where the power, influence and misogyny of the real world played out through the characters in the ring. --------------------------------------- anyone listened to this one?
  6. I just set up to record A Face in the Crowd and, right after it, Ace in the Hole. Both of those are mentioned a ton on the Criterion closet videos. I expect them to be a brutal one-two punch of cynicism that are very very close in context to the modern day no matter how old they are. Synecdoche, New York is on next week and I set that up too.
  7. Today
  8. Too bad Hammerstone was not cleared, he and Jake Something would've been good stuff. Jake vs Swann instead was still pretty solid. Kinda surprised to see another knockouts tag title change, but cool for Alisha to become a champ and so the System all hold gold. Jonathan Gresham wrestling with the mask on was unique, not quite sure about the weird black mist-esque gimmick. Main event was an absolute blast. Excellent spots throughout. Matt catching Moose's springboard with a cutter looked awesome. Loved the triple Twist of Fates spot. Matt's big table dive, tremendous. Great finishing stretch from all involved. TNA Under Siege full results:
  9. Watched part of Pennie’s from Heaven on TCM app. Then watched the gold diggers of 1933 instead.
  10. I haven't checked out the show but those matches sound like fun. I'll have to catch this in the morning for some Saturday morning goodness. Oh, yeah Smackdown. Crowd was really loud and fun though they got annoying when the face off happened. Aside from that they were great.
  11. 28 minutes but I don’t think any pig Latin.
  12. LVLUP was fun this week. Eddy Thorpe/Kale Dixon was decent, Kelani Jordan v Kendal Gray was neat because Gray was an undefeated amateur wrestler and you really don't see women do a lot of amateur-style spots, and Je'Von Evans vs Riley Osborne was exactly what you'd expect from those 2 working a minor-show main event--fast, short, fun as hell while it lasted. I picked the right week to check in after a couple months of not doing so. I still absolutely do not understand the "you can watch this 30 min taped show 'live' on Peacock on Friday, but if you miss it you have to wait til Sunday, go to Hulu, and it will have needless Raw recaps added to stretch it to an hour" model for this show.
  13. A Face in the Crowd is on tomorrow night at 8pm, if you’ve never seen it watch it!
  14. Movies today.... Little Fish (Hulu, leaving next week) Don't Worry Darling (Max, leaving next week) Empire Of Light (Max, leaving next week) Started on Inside The Yellow Cocoon Shell (Kanopy) and Do Not Expect Much From The End Of The World (Mubi). Will have to watch Inside.... soon before Sunday.
  15. Yay, Magic! KP's calf thanks you! OK, Cleveland, your turn.
  16. good to see Joser and A-Rod have buried the hatchet
  17. This industry and country is so sick that we are this far into all of this and even Vince is still in the game. Hell, he could be running CNN by next year.
  18. Yeah, the "Faction Focus" multi-stage events sucked last year and they'll suck even more this year since there's not even a guarantee that getting a deluxe booster pack will get you a card from that set at all. It's fucking bullshit. I really want the Seth and Trick Persona cards, but I meant it when I said I wasn't spending real money. If we could have this year's mode with 2022 levels of cash grabbing, I'd be in heaven
  19. Nightcrawler / Wolvie defending the mansion as a tag team was so fun
  20. Vince recruiting for a new wrestling company will be like Mr Burns telling Smithers who to recruit for his softball team
  21. It wouldn’t be WCW if Ric Flair wasn’t undermined.
  22. I know what I meant and in the end I think that's great
  1. Load more activity