DVDVR Message Board

RAW is 3 hours.. 11/12/18

Niners Fan in CT

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was going for more of the idea of Ambrose pressuring Cameron into lending him a car because he's drawn to sociopaths like Ferris Bueller.

Oh. Fair.

Also, from the one screenshot, we can totally tell it's either a Pontiac Grand Am or Grand Prix, both of which are essentially the same as a Cavalier, Neon, Probe, etc. Yeah, I could see Dean driving a car like that. Hell, he may have had the metal barrel hanging out of the trunk and a gas can and old newspapers were already in the backseat.

• Like 1

Genuinely thought that car was going to catch on fire in the background. I couldn't look away. lol

Much like I mentioned in one of the NXT threads with Candice wearing black, another awesome use of visuals tonight to close out the show, albeit unintended.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

"Grr. Argh. Me wear a red shirt so me want to hurt everyone wearing a blue shirt"

"They wear red T-shirts? LET'S KILL THEM!"

Survivor Series is basically the Bloods vs. Crips, except for the CW title match, of course.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, can we talk about “that” promo? Ronda came off pretty horrible, I thought. I wonder if wwe is just preparing for rousey to get booed out of the building Sunday.

I thought her delivery was OK, but the writing was horrible. At least her acting at the end of the show was nice. 

• Like 1

We really don't need another heel announcer since Corey fell off a cliff. And I haven't been interested in the Red vs. Blue crap since ECW One Night Stand (well, I wasn't then either) but you know they're gonna trot it out anyway. Vince doesn't think we're smart enough for anything else, so he's always gonna go back to the same well. At least they had a good feud to ignite the spark for it this time around. 

8 minutes ago, brandonr4s said:

No way I would have Becky lose on Sunday. They probably will, but it's stupid. I'd even accept a screwy finish under these circumstances.

In no way shape or form is it reasonable that Becky beats Rousey here, especially when you can set up a bigger rematch at say WM where Becky does conquer Rousey.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

In no way shape or form is it reasonable that Becky beats Rousey here, especially when you can set up a bigger rematch at say WM where Becky does conquer Rousey.

The problem is it's almost 100% the match at Mania isn't Ronda vs Becky, it's Ronda vs. Charlotte.

They are at a weird cross roads here, where I feel they need Becky to win via something screwy, and here is why: If Ronda beats the crowds pick for who should be the top act, they IMMEDIATELY put Ronda in Cena/Reigns territory in terms of "Rejecting WWE's chosen "Guy"" heat. And I don't think that just goes away. Cena never lost in in 10 years, and Reigns only lost it when he had to leave for Leukemia. 

The safe move to persperve Ronda is do NOT have her beat Becky clean.

They really are between a rock and a hard place.

Ronda is the mainstream star, and she's gotten over. They've protected her well, she's looked good in all her matches, everything is going swimmingly and beating her now would be shortsighted.

But Becky is absolutely on fire, the hottest act in the company, the crowd has already turned on one "chosen" star in favor of her, and beating Becky risks both killing off the heat of the person with the most momentum in the company AND turning the audience against Ronda, who they desperately want to be a top face.

• Like 5

I think some of you are missing that the eventual Horsewomen feud is going to see Ronda turn heel anyways. All this might do is make it happen sooner than later. Besides the easiest fix like I said last page is to have Becky pass out. They won't do it because they have a tendency to do the stupid thing, but I'm still hoping I end up wrong.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

They really are between a rock and a hard place.

Ronda is the mainstream star, and she's gotten over. They've protected her well, she's looked good in all her matches, everything is going swimmingly and beating her now would be shortsighted.

But Becky is absolutely on fire, the hottest act in the company, the crowd has already turned on one "chosen" star in favor of her, and beating Becky risks both killing off the heat of the person with the most momentum in the company AND turning the audience against Ronda, who they desperately want to be a top face.

Quite a problem for these reasons. I'd like Becky Lynch to win but I doubt that's going to happen so either Becky doesn't quit in the armbar so the referee steps in to save Lynch, Lynch goes out from the pain or a no contest. It's the match I'm most looking forward to at Survivor Series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I think some of you are missing that the eventual Horsewomen feud is going to see Ronda turn heel anyways. All this might do is make it happen sooner than later. Besides the easiest fix like I said last page is to have Becky pass out. They won't do it because they have a tendency to do the stupid thing, but I'm still hoping I end up wrong.

I'm not so sure how inevitable said feud is. At best, I don't think it starts until after Mania at the earliest. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm not so sure how inevitable said feud is. At best, I don't think it starts until after Mania at the earliest. 

Yeah, I see it evolving out of Ronda/Charlotte (though Becky has obviously taken a big part in the broader story too) rather than the other way round.

It's Time 1996 redux. Have Charlotte cost Ronda the match, play up the intrigue about whether she did it for Smackdown, it was an accident, or does she have a problem with Rousey?

Think it's better booking for Mania to have Rousey as the underdog trying to avenge her loss against the woman who ended Asuka's streak the year before, the best PPV record blah blah blah, rather than focusing on Charlotte being the best woman of all time being an underdog against the all conquering Rousey.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Survivor Series is basically the Bloods vs. Crips, except for the CW title match, of course.

This. Raw and Smackdown have megalomaniac commissioners who every year threaten people’s jobs in the name of brand supremacy, yet every year people wonder why faces and heels are temporarily aligned. 

• Like 2

It's amazing how Becky is basically stumbling, open-eyed into one star-making moment after the other. It's starting to feel like Bryan in 2013. It's been years since someone actually dared to act like a star that was bigger than the brand. I'm pretty sure that it's closing in on critical mass. If she beats Ronda, she's a star. If she doesn't beat Ronda, the fans are going to revolt and make her bigger than she is now. This isn't the first bit of blood over the last few years, but it's the first bit since Reigns at Wrestlemania 2015 that felt like it mattered. Instead of having refs rush to put towels on her head and scurry her off, she got to pose defiantly, face exploded, what looked like a tear of blood running down her face. 

That should be on her merch tomorrow, by the way. Crying blood feels like the sort of iconic image that's marketable. 

Unless her knee or her neck explodes in the next week as well, they've pretty much got a monster on their hands.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Zwo0xAe.jpg

This makes me almost want to get back into GTA Online and make a criminal that looks like Dean Ambrose.

I think I have the unlock that would allow Niko Bellic to be his father.

• Like 4