DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I hope someone else wins the title from Amale before then. Bringing Satomura over to wrestle her would be a waste, she's... not good.
  3. Even if you know nothing about the Raiders, you will always remember him for three simple words; OLD MAN WILLIE . That interception will be still be awesome to watch in 2040.
  4. I need to follow up on some people on Twitter that were doing the "So what, it's just previews, I'm dropping $90 for this and it'll be amazing and all you shitting on it are just clowns" routine are still crowing.
  5. They should tell him Volador Jr. wants his top back, and that you're not supposed to wear long pants with it. EDIT: Actually I guess he has wore long pants with it
  6. It's JJ Abrams! Not having a map for where they are heading is his best and only idea!
  7. I am sorta hoping that Midnight Sons will be the Avengers / Endgame that begins with MCU Blade and Dr. Strange 2.. Some of Marvel's more iconic horror IPs like Man-Wolf and Morbius being hemmed up with Spider-Man / Sony does not help. The release delay for the upcoming horror themed New Mutants joint do not fill me with the confidence that it will be good.
  8. It was actually "Hola, chicas!" And yes, they popped. Also, this.
  9. Yeah, really fun movies Really surprised we haven't gotten a Nightstalkers/Midnight Sons movie yet. They'd have to rehab Ghost Rider pretty hard but they can do that if they put their minds to it.
  10. That last hour of Raw was as good as anything WWE has put out in a while. I really enjoyed the last hour a lot.
  11. Raiders legend Willie Brown has died at the age of 78 (at least per the internet)
  12. Great, now I'm imagining Val intoning "Hola, senoritas" into the mic. The CMLL ring girls wouldn't work though, he'd have to go get some ladies that looked busted up like him for the gimmick to work. Maybe just come out to the ring with Jasmin St. Claire.
  13. No. You know what happens when you start using space as a setting for monsters whose original setting was not in space.
  14. Oh he’s Reese Witherspoon in Election. That fits pretty well.
  15. I'd love to see them do something out of the box with Dracula, like what Cornell did with doing Space Dracula where he had a base on the dark side of the moon.
  16. I love the Phantasm saga. It is as close as horror movies will get to the Star Wars movies. A real generation spanning epic with a start, middle, and end rather than an ongoing mishmash franchise showcasing a cult of personality antagonist. That being said, watching Phantasm: Ravager recently was a bittersweet experience. it was good to see the story come full circle but the ending made me a little angry. RIP, Angus Schrimm. The Tall Man Lives Forever. Look to the sky. Beware the spheres. Reggie's iconic quad-barrel shotgun that he has used to send Gravers back to Hell since Phantasm II needs to be enshrined at the National Museum of American History along with Fonzie's leather jacket.. It is a national treasure. If Phantasm is our Lord of the Rings, then the ORIGINAL BOOMSTICK is Glamdring, the mother fucking Foe Hammer.
  17. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DAFJctK0qYwhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DAFJctK0qYw OTT knocks it out of the park again with this hype vid. Incredible stuff.
  18. Bob Iger himself said that they rushed this trilogy out there and there was no map of where they were headed when filming for TFA began. To me that's a little bit of an issue.
  19. I presumably just c-n-p from the notepad app on my ipad.
  20. Today
  21. PHANTASM (Coscarelli, 1979) IMDB : ROTTEN TOMATOES (73/67) SELECTED BY: @Travis Sheldon A great flick that plays with your mind, leaving you wondering if you're watching a nightmare unfold. REVIEWED BY: @odessasteps Phantasm (1979) Directed by Don Coscarelli We all know the Phantasm series, right? Tall Man, silver flying spheres with deadly forks and drills that kill folks. I probably have not watched this movie since the mid 80s when I saw it as a teenager. Do not remember off hand which of how many of the sequels I have seen over the years. I think it holds up well forty years later. Other than the spheres, the most interesting thing about the film may be its unpredictable turn into being a Sci-fi film and not just another slasher picture cranked out after the success of Halloween. And the thing that reminds me most of the Carpenter film is the music, although the stated influences were Goblin and Mike Oldfield. I didn’t realize it while watching, but learning it was inspired by Something Wicked this Way Comes makes a lot of sense in retrospect. Teenage boy protagonist versus mysterious older man with some kind of superhuman powers. As we were discussing in one of the threads, there is perhaps surprisingly little nudity. There is a gratuitous boob shot at the very start of the film and then I think no more. To me, the more interesting aspect of the movie is how it was a low-budget success story, with Coscarelli doing so much of everything himself. He estimated the budget was $300,000 and the film made almost $12 million dollars in its original theatrical release. Definitely worth watching this holiday season. (Editor's Note: I really should have left this in the giant 36 pt font the review was sent to me in)
  22. If there's a debate of whether Seth Rollins is cool or not, the fact that he thinks "cool gear" equals "something that makes him look like the lead singer in a Bee Gees cover band" is cool should seal the answer. It also helps the problem of the Shield and their "cool" status in the high school world. Roman would be the quarterback- cool, but some uncool people don't like them. Moxley was the delinquent- cool, but ultimately didn't really WANT to be cool. Rollins is the kid who wanted to be class president just a LITTLE too much and truly believed it'd be the first step to the White House when he's older...he wanted to be cool so much it ultimately made him uncool.
  23. ️ Banter FC back again.
  24. Oh hush, you grinch. Better late than not at all.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?