DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

I'm not surprised one bit by Charlie Rose.  John Oliver every now and then would show many clips of Charlie "flirting" with the women on the morning show he was on.  Dude seemed like a creepy old man and with the allegations going around it was only a matter of time before he'd have one on him.

Jeremy Piven took a lie detector test and passed with flying colors when questioned about the allegations against him.

Either he is telling the truth about not assaulting those women or he doesn't believe his actions constituted assault so therefor his answers would not register as deliberate deception.

There is a reason why not all jurisdictions will accept polygraph tests as evidence in a court of law.

Where these all one on one situations or were there any witnesses? For example, old Oliver Stone got his casting director to back him up. Still doesn't absolve you, but that person supporting you is jeopardizing their career because all it takes is another person to jump in saying that didn't happen. 

The Piven allegations really surprise me, only because for years I've thought he was gay.  My first thought was "Why would Piven be bothering a woman?"

• Haha 1

I never thought of him as gay. Not sure what about him besides his lame on screen personas there is to go by. I just go by that and assume he's an asshole.

I'll always remember him as "rich boy teen No. 3" in ONE CRAZY SUMMER. In part because if you look back at him playing a "teen" in 1985, he looks exactly the same as he does now.  This does not mean he looks young now. It means when he has looked 40 since he was in high school.

teddy.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I never thought of him as gay. Not sure what about him besides his lame on screen personas there is to go by. I just go by that and assume he's an asshole.

I dunno, someone semi-reliable told me or I read it somewhere and had my usual response: "So?"

Ari is based on Rahm Emmanuel's brother, and he's just like that in real life (so is Rahm and this is coming from a life-long Democrat). 

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I'll always remember him as "rich boy teen No. 3" in ONE CRAZY SUMMER. In part because if you look back at him playing a "teen" in 1985, he looks exactly the same as he does now.  This does not mean he looks young now. It means when he has looked 40 since he was in high school.

teddy.jpg

So he's had a receding hairline since he was 18? Poor bastard. No wonder he's so obnoxious.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, piranesi said:

teddy.jpg

Jesus did that guy ever have hair?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

That the Emanuel bros. are exactly who you think they are. But we were already warned by Jae so I'll leave my personal, erm, thoughts about Mr. Rahm out of this.

I don't think it's at all political to call someone out for behaving like an asshole.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2017 at 12:40 AM, piranesi said:

teddy.jpg

See, he looked old af* in "Judgment Night".

*Old af to 18yo me, which would have been anyone older than 39.

Well if you saw 20 year old Patrick Stewart you'd think he looked old. He went bald at like 19 and did his best to hide it for awhile. If you see him with his own hair or even a really convincing weave or wig, he looks kind of unusual in the sense you don't expect him to have hair.

NCG945J.png

On 11/24/2017 at 12:40 AM, piranesi said:

Not to steal @Nice Guy Eddie's gimmick, but I always remember Piven as fake George from Seinfeld's show within a show.

6c1b2240bdb3c55887a613d890f2b5d8--jeremy

• Like 3