DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

12 minutes ago, nate said:

That looks like the stupidest concept in television history.  The same medium that gave us Cop Rock.

Hey! I recorded the first two (was that all?) episodes of Cop Rock on a VHS tape. I figured I'd put it in my "End the Party" file with the Ilsa movies and Mentors recordings. It's always been difficult for me to tell people "it's time to go!" (except when bartending, that was easy...); however, I digress... "Cop Rock" will empty a room faster than Ilsa She-wolf of the SS  and that's saying something. 

Just for the record in case anyone else is shy about telling people it is time to go... Best closers of parties:

With video: Ilsa movies or Cop Rock, both are appalling in their own ways.

Audio: The Mentors: You Axed for It or alternate choice, The Best of Leo Sayer, trust me on this, both work splendidly. And you can always say "Someone requested it, but you forgot who..." 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Lol, the Ilsa reference.  I'll keep that in mind.

True story, after I'd sobered up in '88, my buddy Larry (same guy that was briefly the booking agent for the Mentors), and I would host "Sick Movie Night" at my house. Now if you've read any of my stuff with Edward Lee, you know that I can be hardcore as fuck when I want to be, and Larry is worse. We'd invite a bunch of folks over, usually my buds from AA and see how long people could endure stuff like Last Orgy of the Third Reich and the Ilsa films. There's much more of course, and this was pre-Internet, but I had Scarecrow Video and Vertigo Video as my back-up and they had everything. Some stuff was not on display in the store, but I could get it as I was both a good customer and occasional source. Evenings always ended the same way, Larry and I sitting there laughing in an otherwise empty room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, OSJ said:

True story, after I'd sobered up in '88, my buddy Larry (same guy that was briefly the booking agent for the Mentors), and I would host "Sick Movie Night" at my house. Now if you've read any of my stuff with Edward Lee, you know that I can be hardcore as fuck when I want to be, and Larry is worse. We'd invite a bunch of folks over, usually my buds from AA and see how long people could endure stuff like Last Orgy of the Third Reich and the Ilsa films. There's much more of course, and this was pre-Internet, but I had Scarecrow Video and Vertigo Video as my back-up and they had everything. Some stuff was not on display in the store, but I could get it as I was both a good customer and occasional source. Evenings always ended the same way, Larry and I sitting there laughing in an otherwise empty room.

I like the cut of your jib.

• Like 1

I feel like reposting Trump tweets is an obvious violation of the keep politics out edict I've declared a billion fucking times.

Second of all it's generally unnecessary as a rule. His tweets are inescapable everywhere else in the world. No need to bring it here as if we're not going to see it dissected on the news tonight or our facebook/twitter feed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If only someone had listened to Ann Curry...

There sure do seem to be a lot of these things that "everybody knew about" that only seem to be coming out now.

"Everybody" knew about Harvey Weinstein. "Everybody" apparently knew about Matt Lauer, too.

Yet here we are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

Oh boy, Garrison Keillor fired by MPR for inappropriate behavior.

I don't know why these still surprise me but this one sure did.

And his bosses were like, "Whoa! Be gone!"

. . .

I'll show myself out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Apparently Keillor was another one of those open secrets and everyone in public radio knew he was a creep.  What a world.

Wasn't it a sub plot in the PHC movie?

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If only someone had listened to Ann Curry...

Kathy and I both thought that she should have been the anchor of the show instead of that smirking idiot  Glad he's gone. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Oh boy, Garrison Keillor fired by MPR for inappropriate behavior.

I don't know why these still surprise me but this one sure did.

I should have known better than to trust someone who makes his living on being folksy. 

Keillor committed two major wrongs, he was a creepy predator off the air and on the air he bored people to sleep. There's a definite link to the Cosby case, when Coz couldn't get any sedatives, he would make women listen to recordings of  Keillor's show, same results...

• Like 1