DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

7 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Maybe this will be the first blow leading to the death of cutesy weekend NPR.  God I hate cutesy weekend NPR.

Hear, hear.  Less Dinner Party Download and Classical Music Afternoons. 

More Reveal, Snap Judgment, The TED Radio Hour, and The New Yorker Radio Hour.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Seriously, when you put in the request for the door locking button, nobody asks questions?  After Ann Curry and Katie Couric both insinuate he's a creep, you don't ask questions?  I'm sitting here thinking about how much bullshit I would have to deal with to get a new chair, and this asshole is getting secret door locking mechanisms installed.

Yeah, you'd have to think that somebody signed off on that work order.

It doesn't look good, but the people who signed off on the lock could explain it as simply accommodating some prissy celebrity's weird requests. It wouldn't shock me if some people who make $25 million a year think they're too good to walk a few feet to lock a door. 

This likely isn't the case here, but aiding in the installation of the lock isn't proof of mindful wrongdoing. 

I genuinely expect to hear such an excuse by the end of the week from an office manager at 30 Rock. 

Checking on Picabo Street, last she was in the news was a misunderstanding with her elderly father and getting arrested over it, but it was all dropped.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Hear, hear.  Less Dinner Party Download and Classical Music Afternoons. 

More Reveal, Snap Judgment, The TED Radio Hour, and The New Yorker Radio Hour.

I miss Wits.  

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I applaud this decision as I fucking hate my morning news being interrupted by The Writer's Almanac.  Few things are more infuriating than listening to that mother fucker read poetry.

Is that what it is that he's doing; I always assumed that he was having some sort of fit and switched the channel.

• Haha 1

3 years ago, my dad and I saw Keillor live. It wasn't PHC but a one man show, and he told several stories about cheating on his first wife and other old-conquest stories. Nothing graphic or gross, but just enough bragging and cockiness that I was not at all surprised at the revelation.

4 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Garrison Keillor is a national treasure, and so is NPR for that matter. If he did it, he did it. . . 

My friend, we rarely disagree, but in this case.... Harlan Ellison is a national treasure, Garrison Keillor is a very mediocre writer with a gimmick that got a million times more play than it should have. He can join Robert Frost, Ernest Hemingway, and other "national treasures" that I can't be bothered with.

• Like 1

Today's heads on pikes are Russel Simmons (raped Sidney Lumet's daughter in the 90s and lots of other creepy behavior) and playwright Israel Horowitz, who you may know as Ad-Rock's dad (abused a whole bunch of ladies).

Just now, Zimbra said:

Today's heads on pikes are Russel Simmons (raped Sidney Lumet's daughter in the 90s and lots of other creepy behavior) and playwright Israel Horowitz, who you may know as Ad-Rock's dad (abused a whole bunch of ladies).

Ad-Rock even came out and said he believes his father did it and stands by the women accusing his father