DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

• RIPPA locked this topic

Oh for fuck's sake, I literally watched the ref hand Roman a corn syrup packet before he spit up "blood" on the wall.

Braun-Brock now, plz. 

Roman died for our sins.

Braun is incredible.  Put the Dr. Pepper Title on him and let him destroy people in creative ways until Roman rebuilds himself for Mania.

I really enjoyed the show.  Braun and Roman should feud for years. They click so well.  Braun needed this win tonight, good that he got it.  If he's next for Brock, awesome. Rest of the show outside of the Horrors stuff was pretty good as well.  

• Like 2

I didn't even realize that was the main event until they faded. 

I'm glad I opted to not get a ticket. 

I don't understand how the house of horrors took place "live" at night when it was still a bright and California sunshine-y 80 degrees.. 

• Like 1

I dug the tag titles match and Sheamus/Cesaro turn. Aries/Neville was pretty damn great once again. Bayley/Alexa might be the best match I've seen from Bliss yet. I still wish she hadn't actually won.

Braun/Roman was great again. Glad Braun won. Hopefully he isn't just fed to Brock.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh for fuck's sake, I literally watched the ref hand Roman a corn syrup packet before he spit up "blood" on the wall.

Braun-Brock now, plz. 

So, Vince still thinks this will build sympathy for Roman? They're so cute when they get old and senile. 

Glad to see Alexa win the title. I really like her, and it's not entirely because of her looks. She's come along nicely as a heel.

I really liked Aries/Neville until the finish. 

House of Horrors was fun in a b-movie way when it was in the house before it got dragged down with Jinder and the Bollywood Boyz. It dawned on me who dreadlock Bray needs to be more of.

• Like 4

- I really liked Bailey/Bliss ending on a non-finishing move that made sense given the context.

- I was never going to not love anything involving Owens' finger.

- Aries/Neville was terrific again.

• Like 1

Aries was on fire tonight.

I've been really surprised/impressed at how Matt has kept up with Sheamus and Cesaro in these matches.  He's taken some pretty big bumps, too, given how broken down he's seemed the last few years.  Senor Benjamin probably has to cart him around in a wheelbarrow afterwards.

I don't know what I was expecting from the HoH match, but even though it was crap I thought it could have been a lot worse. Imagine some schlubs from NXT having to dress up as zombies and pop out of the floorboards or fake bats on strings or something like that?  Any word on how badly this segment was shit on by the live crowd?

The rest of the show was actually not bad.  Tag title match was solid and I'm guessing the post match beatdown "breaks" Matt and Jeff?

Extreme Rules is the next Raw PPV so it looks like we're going to get several of these matches over again but with some type of stipulation to blow the feuds off?  A Neville/Aries ladder match for the CW title isn't the worst thing they could do.

• Like 1

First couple matches felt like they were stalling until the finishing run but from match 3 onward this show was a blast. I thought the House of Horrors was fun goofy nonsense until it got back to the arena. Roman/Braun ruled as hard as the Payback match but in a very different way which absolutely ruled.

Mostly I was impressed with how many matches overdelivered while being booked in ways that delivered clean finishes that still left a lot on the table. Seth/Joe, the Tag Titles, and Alexa/Bayley were all great and had finishes that were satisfying but also had me immediately invested in a rematch. 

Alexa/Bayley might also have been my favourite match for that title to date. Great character work, great story, excellent delivery, and a pretty much perfect finish. Glad Alexa got to be the first to hold both Women's Titles as she's really been killing it since her callup.

Just a fun, breezy show.

I wish Jericho wasn't so slowed down (completely understandably, mind you) because he's been okay to solid in-ring this run, but imagine if he could've backed up this all-time great character work with top notch wrestling? Match was good though.

A Double and Neville was really good too. Tag title match was decent, post match beatdown was great.