DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

I have no interest in the show, but my wife was watching a couple of episodes of Orphan Black, and I was half watching it. The cute lesbian girl caught my eye, and I thought "Hmmm, who's she? Have to check her out on IMDB". I was legit stunned to find out it was the same actress playing multiple characters. I had no inkling.

I've been watching Low Winter Sun. I'll stick with it until the end of the season at least, but it's nothing special.

Alright, can someone who watches SIBERIA recap this week's show for me? My DVR decided to take Labor Day off.

Sabina figured out where the rifle was and found it, saving herself, Neeko, and whiny 2 year old who showed back up claiming that voices in his head told him to take Irene away, from some Hunters that were doing mysterious torch wiping out.  Some MiG's were doing (real low) flyby's, so they put out a SOS in the snow in case one of them see's it.  

The group at the Umbrella lab found bunch of dead researchers, managed to turn the power back on, found out that the beacon was ripped down by something, found a hawk alive in the cage, saw that there was some kind of genetic research going on, and are trying to hotwire a CAT to do something.

Preview for next week shows that Irene, Ester, and goth chick are infact alive and the Nomads have them, as well as capturing/rescuing Sabina, Neeko, and shithead.  Of course, they leave it vague if this is a bad thing, or a good thing.

Is there a place to watch Orphan Black for free?  I have all the streaming services, but I haven't found it anywhere.  I fear that it is only available on demand on cable so I'll have to buy it on Amazon or wait until the DVDs on Netflix.

Newest Dancing With the Stars cast

• Ex-NFLer Keyshawn Johnson
  • actress Valerie Harper;
  • reality TV stars Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi
  • Ozzy Osbourne's son Jack Osbourne;
  • Bill Nye, the "Science Guy";
  • actor Brant Daugherty;
  • singer and actress Christina Milian;
  • actress Elizabeth Berkley;
  • actor Corbin Bleu;
  • actress Amber Riley;
  • country comic Bill Engvall;
  • actress Leah Remini.

Probably not worth a separate thread anymore since the show has been canceled but:

I've been watching The Office on Netflix.  I remember being super-excited for the premier of the show way back when but sorely disappointed with it when I actually watched it.  Off and on since then, I've caught a few episodes and liked what I saw, but not enough to watch or DVR the show regularly.  Which leads us to now...

I have just finished watching the first 5 seasons and am LOVING the show.  Great stuff.  I've read lots of places that say it drops off big-time with season 6, so not looking forward to that.  I doubt I'll watch the final season either but will at least try to get through to the end of Steve Carrell's tenure.

Some thoughts:

- the vending machine prank Jim plays on Dwight in season 2, putting all his stuff in the machine, just KILLED me.  Brilliant touch having Pam come up and buy his pencil holder

- I love the occasional poignant moment where you see the characters are more than just caricatures.  The phone call with Michael calling David Wallace about his girlfriend Holly being moved was really great.

- could do without the Andy character.  Brings nothing to the show and is more annoying than funny

- Jim is a bully.  Don't like the character at all.  He's the hipster douche who thinks he's better than everybody else but mostly just picks on the "weird" kid (Dwight).  That said, I do find the stuff he does pretty hilarious and Dwight certainly deserves to get picked on at times :)

- I loved the brief bit with Charles Minor getting all over Jim for being a bad, lazy employee.  Was nice to see the tables turned for a bit as Dwight so awesomely points out in that episode.

- Maybe my favorite line of the entire run so far: Karen saying "Ya know, Pam's kind of a bitch".  For sure - kisses another guy while engaged, goes after a guy while he's dating someone else, etc.

Anyway, great show, but that's not anything anybody around here needs to be told.  I'm late to the party but that's OK - I can watch 3 episodes or more per night without having to wait for new ones :)

Yeah I really grew to hate Jim. He has this air of unearned superiority about him. Where he can't seem to interact with anyone without being a snarky ass. I kinda wanted Roy to break his face. I still never get what is so bad about Roy. He is thoughtless at times, but is a generally solid guy who works hard. Nothing like Lee in the British version, who is an abusive bullying prick. There was this bit where Michael was doing a wedding toast and said "Pam was engaged to a monster." While Pam has a "what the fuck" look on her face.

Aw, now that is just mean!

I wonder if Elizabeth Berkley's partner is going to be a pole?

#jokesnoonewillget

Who wouldn't get that?

People who were, unlike myself, smart enough never to watch Showgirls ever in their lives.