DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per a very punch drunk Meltzer on the WON radio show

Taker/Reigns is the "probably" last match 

So Triple H has two days to persuade dear ol'Dad that he should go on last instead. It doesn't usually take him that long.

"Vince the stage guys say the hydraulics in my giant spurting Iron-throne-but-made-out-of-penises can't be hooked up until all the other pyro is done."

"Goddamn it why am I just hearing about this?"

"You never check your email, anyway I guess I have to go on last which I really don't want to do but I'll bite the bullet for the good of the show."

"You're a good egg, Paul. Let's get that win against the Godwin's pig back for you, okay."

"I think he's dead, Vince."

"Fine. Make is Strowman."

• Like 3

Because its WWE and we're all well aware of their feelings toward JR. What, all of a sudden they had a change of heart and want the old overweight announcer with the southern drawl calling the main event of WM33? And recent events had absolutely nothing to do with it? Please. 

This is a company that constantly pats itself on the back for every good deed they do. 

Its Vince wanting to look magnanimous as always.

This is my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don't want to be dressed down by RIPPA again, but has anyone mentioned Rollins having a 103 fever and maybe having pneumonia?

I read that rumor, too. Rollins posted a video where he said he had a bad cold and didn't work out. He sounded pretty rough.

43 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Because its WWE and we're all well aware of their feelings toward JR. What, all of a sudden they had a change of heart and want the old overweight announcer with the southern drawl calling the main event of WM33? And recent events had absolutely nothing to do with it? Please. 

Supposedly, Taker wants JR to call his last match.  So this could be Vince honoring that request.  It may have less to do with JR and more with the Deadman.

Then again, some think it's the Goldberg-Lesnar match JR is calling.  So no one is 100% certain on any of this.

So people are skeptical of the WWE bringing in, arguably, the best play by play man in their history to call a match? New Japan isn't a threat and I'm sure that he wouldn't have agreed to it if it was out of pity.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I read that rumor, too. Rollins posted a video where he said he had a bad cold and didn't work out. He sounded pretty rough.

I know a lot of people here aren't huge fans of Rollins, but goddamn, dude has had horrible luck these past two years when it comes to appearing at 'Mania. Missed last year, and now he's (kinda) injured and pretty sick this year, but will presumably make it. I feel for the guy.

And about the JR thing... I read that he's supposed to call the Goldberg/Lesnar match, and some other matches throughout the year. It sounds like he's back with WWE, but I wonder how that's going to affect his New Japan work (if at all). It sounds like he'll have the same position with WWE as he does with NJPW. Although - didn't he post about being at meetings in California a few days/weeks ago about the G1 US specials? Who knows what's really going on with all of this.

Yeah, Rollins has had terrible luck with WM for the past two years.  The video of him being miserable as he watched others preparing for their matches was sad.  I'm not much of a fan, but I hate to see someone lose out on something they've worked so hard for.

As for the JR rumor, he's supposed to be in for the main event.  That was supposed to Goldberg-Lesnar, but WWE was apparently trying to gauge which match had the most fan interest.  Some websites are saying Undertaker-Reigns has pulled ahead based on those feelers. If this does become Taker's last match, it all falls into place.  Orton's suggestion that Taker-Reigns go on last, JR to call the match, the promo video that seems like the beginning of a tribute package.  At the very least, WWE is trying to prepare for that possibility.

7 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Supposedly, Taker wants JR to call his last match.  So this could be Vince honoring that request.  It may have less to do with JR and more with the Deadman.

Then again, some think it's the Goldberg-Lesnar match JR is calling.  So no one is 100% certain on any of this.

Yeah I've only heard the lesnar/Goldberg rumor.

So people are skeptical of the WWE bringing in, arguably, the best play by play man in their history to call a match? New Japan isn't a threat and I'm sure that he wouldn't have agreed to it if it was out of pity.

He was the best play by play man years ago when they deemed that he was too fat, southern, old, or whatever else. Are we really arguing that Vince and Kevin Dunn all of a sudden had a change of heart? When for 20 yrs they've always picked aesthetics over talent: 

As a fan, however, this is going to be great. JR is going to make Lesnar/Goldberg seem like Hogan/Warrior from 1990.

JR lost his passion seemingly when Austin retired. He sounds so forced often following that boom period. I think they were right to phase him out but not in the way they did it and not with whom they did it. 

But he'll rightfully get a hero's welcome tomorrow and hopefully it's the send off both he and Taker deserve... To the sounds of 60000 people booing the shit out of Roman Reigns? 

9 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

You can't just have a giant sea monster hanging around in public like that. What if it got loose and started attacking kids?

It's Orlando. They could just put up a hazard sign and be completely liability-free.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

But where TF is The Sea Creature?

I think he was in Kaiju Big Battel last night but had to wear a different outfit to avoid WWE's legal eagles.