DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Victator said:

I think the way to explain it is. During the show nobody is in on the joke. Because the fans want to believe, they want to get wrapped up in it and believe in a more magical world. 

But I get the sense Maher would not get that. 

The way a lot of people let their perceptions of backstage politics and their shitty hang-ups about certain kinds of ringwork colour their reaction to the television product, I'd argue that people are too in on the joke. 

But taking your post solely on the merits of your swipe at Maher, I definitely smirked. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I forget exactly how the topic of Hell's Angels in Canada came up the one time that a Canadian ended up in a HS class of mine, but I'm pretty sure she brought up drug trafficking bikers and This Hour Has 22 Minutes first.

So, bikers in Canada have a lot of fun

Yeah, bike gangs were all over and used to own a few towns in BC when I was growing up. You got to know which businesses were painted which colours for which reasons. Between my pals and I we have some pretty harrowing stories too, and we weren't even that unruly.

21 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The way a lot of people let their perceptions of backstage politics and their shitty hang-ups about certain kinds of ringwork colour their reaction to the television product, I'd argue that people are too in on the joke. 

But taking your post solely on the merits of your swipe at Maher, I definitely smirked. 

Its hard to explain, but some fans are wrapped up in their own reality. 

The 2016 Rumble is now one of my favorite Rumbles ever. I was so invested in Reigns not winning that I enthralled the entire time. I can't remember the last time I was so interested in a match. I think WWE has been trying to recapture that emotion for years. Its why they won't turn Reigns and why they put him in the Rumble this year.

What self-respecting young woman wouldn't want her face fucked the shit out of the shit fucked out of her face fucked until shit escapes her face some dude shit fucking her face I'm very disappointed in Tom Phillips.

• Like 7

has a promotion ever run a match with a stipulation that the loser of the match must willingly shit themselves post-match?

Seems like a decent pay off to a midcard feud where the small underdog face is accused of being scared of the bully heel, leading to an upset win and the heel having to shit themselves in the ring afterwards? 

• Like 2