DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

Goldust/Cody vs Rollins/Reigns at Battleground is better than any of Randy's matches.

That's not even better than Evolution vs The Shield from Payback if you want to look at tag matches.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

I'm not as low on Randy as some other people, but for a main eventer he has shockingly few memorable matches and moments. Could you make the argument that Cody's post-legacy run was more impressive?

I'd say Orton's best match was against Foley. Which wouldn't crack Bret's top 6.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacelle said:

I'd say Orton's best match was against Foley. Which wouldn't crack Bret's top 6.

Yeah, I mean, Orton has some great matches and great moments, but none of that touches Bret's best matches. That said, Bret is one of the greatest of all time, so, it's a slightly unfair argument.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I saw a FB click-bait article months ago that said Beth Phoenix would be going into the HOF this year, so this sounds about right.

1 hour ago, JohnnyJ said:

I'm not as low on Randy as some other people, but for a main eventer he has shockingly few memorable matches and moments. Could you make the argument that Cody's post-legacy run was more impressive?

I don't think so. The only Cody match that was memorable in that time frame was The Rhodes brothers vs. The Shield. Orton had the series with Christian, the first Evolution/Shield 6-man and the Mania 31 match with Rollins at the very least.

17 hours ago, Victator said:

I don't say those are wrong. But those are really wrong. Cody and Ted are not in Bulldog's league, much less Owen and Bret. 

Neidhart worked well as the enforcer of the group and Pillman was the wild card. 

That One Night Only match is nearly the worst booking the WWF has ever done. They did not even try to explain why Owen and Bret were not helping. Not even a passing Bret was injured by Taker and Owen by Vader. 

People were cheering Ted at the end of Legacy and WWE would not give him anything. He was a really good hand but they treated him like crap. I can't blame him for quitting. 

Ted Jr revealed why he quit about 3 years ago. Seems he was developing a pill issue while in WWE and didn't want to travel the same road his father had years ago. So he quit. He just recently had his first or second match back.Was part of a 6 man tag in Pro Wrestling EGO.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

re: Eva Marie

It appears they have decided to not use her again and quietly let her contract run out.

She removed WWE from her Twitter handle a couple of weeks ago that wrestling twitter made a big fuss over.

Plus - pretty much her entire snap chat is her promoting her clothing line she started so it looks like is going the Kaitlyn route

(Not to mention she has talked about how happy she is not have to dye her hair red anymore)

And Cory Graves already transitioned his "Shut up Saxton" to Emmalina.

4 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Late 90s novelty hip hop is too contemporary for Vince, he was probably listening to The Monkees "Mary, Mary" instead.

Choosing the Monkees over Bloodhound Gang isn't a bad thing.

Choosing either over Orton as something to pay attention to is fine as well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Ted Jr revealed why he quit about 3 years ago. Seems he was developing a pill issue while in WWE and didn't want to travel the same road his father had years ago. So he quit. He just recently had his first or second match back.Was part of a 6 man tag in Pro Wrestling EGO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, I mean, Orton has some great matches and great moments, but none of that touches Bret's best matches. That said, Bret is one of the greatest of all time, so, it's a slightly unfair argument.

Orton was buried by Hunter in that feud during the time of the Legacy. They had a great match at No Mercy in '08 but Hunter did him no favors when they started their program and the Legacy was burried my default. If Cody and Ted where in developmental during Heyman era a year or two before and given more time to find themselves as personalities, they'd have been a better asset to the group.  They were just thrown on TV and put with Orton. I feel the same about Curtis Axel, If he was in Developmental at the tail end of FCW and into Hunters NXT he'd been ready and might have have got on the main roster with better direction. The does more favors for these 2nd and 3rd generation guys without even being around.

I start watching AAA again on the Fight Network (It's stuff from June 2016ish, I think), and I have to ask: why are there so many goddamn clowns?!  One of their biggest stars is Psycho Clown.  He has a stable called The Psycho Circus, consisting of himself, Monster Clown and Murder Clown, all wearing spooky clown masks.  All of them are faces (Yes, even MURDER CLOWN!) and the crowd LOVES them, with all the kids wearing their masks.  They come out to a Three Dog Night song, and halfway through the show ANOTHER clown shows up, but he's a bad clown named Pagano, who hates the other clowns.  Also reading up, apparently the rest of the clowns turned on Pscyho Clown and allied with Pagano, so at least most of the evil clowns eventually end up as heels but...  So seriously, what's with all the goddamn clowns?!

18 minutes ago, caley said:

I start watching AAA again on the Fight Network (It's stuff from June 2016ish, I think), and I have to ask: why are there so many goddamn clowns?!  One of their biggest stars is Psycho Clown.  He has a stable called The Psycho Circus, consisting of himself, Monster Clown and Murder Clown, all wearing spooky clown masks.  All of them are faces (Yes, even MURDER CLOWN!) and the crowd LOVES them, with all the kids wearing their masks.  They come out to a Three Dog Night song, and halfway through the show ANOTHER clown shows up, but he's a bad clown named Pagano, who hates the other clowns.  Also reading up, apparently the rest of the clowns turned on Pscyho Clown and allied with Pagano, so at least most of the evil clowns eventually end up as heels but...  So seriously, what's with all the goddamn clowns?!

You forgot to mention Dave the Clown.  No, I am not making him up

http://www.luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Dave_the_Clown

Yeah, AAA has probably has too many clowns.  I miss the gold old days, when AAA just had too many ninja turtles and wrestling boy band gimmicks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

You forgot to mention Dave the Clown.  No, I am not making him up

http://www.luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Dave_the_Clown

Yeah, AAA has probably has too many clowns.  I miss the gold old days, when AAA just had too many ninja turtles and wrestling boy band gimmicks.

'Dave the Clown' reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they come up with Poochie: "He just needs a name, something like Poochie, but edgier." "So, everyone okay with Poochie?".  I'm just imagining a guy going "How about Dave the Clown?" "Great!"

Also, I see from that link that he is a member of the Clown Corporacion with Broken Clown and Rothen Clown (sic?).  So there are more clowns out there.  Good.  Great.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:20 PM, GodzillaPerez said:

Johnny K9 has died

I don't think he'll be getting a graphic on Raw.

Has Cornette ever talked about Johnny K9 on his podcast? Anyone else brought him up in a shoot interview?

K9 was one bad dude. Accused murderer, cocaine selling enforcer for a motorcycle gang. Canadian too, which makes it all the more confusing. Canadians are just so nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Canadian too, which makes it all the more confusing. Canadians are just so nice. 

After reading plenty about Mom Boucher and the Canadian Hell's Angels' reign of terror, I'm convinced that isn't true. At least in Montreal. 

EDIT: Rob Ford throws salt in the eyes of my argument because despite all that they were nice enough to let him run again and again. Then again, what does that say about the US...