DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Rotten Tomatoes has collected Star Wars movies ranked by Tomatometer before a little film called Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017) comes out next week.

8. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999), 55% Rotten.

7. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002), 66% Fresh.

6. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005), 79% Certified Fresh.

5. Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983), 80% Certified Fresh.

4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016), 85% Certified Fresh.

3. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977), 93% Certified Fresh.

2. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015), 93% Certified Fresh.

1. Star Wars Episode VI: The Empire Strikes Back (1980), 94% Certified Fresh.

I have successfully avoided watching any trailers or commercials for Ep. VIII, outside of the first teaser trailer several months ago. If a commercial comes on, I leave the room/change the channel/remove my earbuds. I am going in to this movie 95% spoiler and information free. I've seen the toys and stuff, so know about the Porg and some other new characters, but nothing of who they are or their places in the new film. I'm quite excited. I jokingly said to my wife yesterday I was going to sneak and watch the movie after I get out of work on Thursday night, and I think she reacted to me saying that like I had just told her I have been cheated on her and found out I have another kid with my lover. :D

18 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

I have successfully avoided watching any trailers or commercials for Ep. VIII, outside of the first teaser trailer several months ago. If a commercial comes on, I leave the room/change the channel/remove my earbuds. I am going in to this movie 95% spoiler and information free. I've seen the toys and stuff, so know about the Porg and some other new characters, but nothing of who they are or their places in the new film. I'm quite excited. I jokingly said to my wife yesterday I was going to sneak and watch the movie after I get out of work on Thursday night, and I think she reacted to me saying that like I had just told her I have been cheated on her and found out I have another kid with my lover. :D

I tried, but then I saw Thor and Justice League, and they showed the preview before both movies.  I'm really excited to see this one, I'm going to a fan event before the first showing on Thursday, and I'm not motivated to do anything else until then.  

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Craig H said:

Armond White went back in time to do it. I'm sure to him Phantom Menace is best and Empire is the worst.

He would classify Empire as yet another get whitey apologist movie showcasing the evils of Affirmative Action because a black man was put in charge of Cloud City while Star Wars used the only black actor on the payroll to provide voiceovers and didn't even list him in the credits.

Armound White is the Uncle Ruckus of internet journalism

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My best friend who is like a brother to me is mad into Star Wars and he's gradually got me into them. I'm no hardcore aficionado like yous here so my casual take on what I've seen be something something (Family Guy) like this:

1. The Empire Strikes Back.

2. A New Hope.

3. Return of the Jedi.

4. The Force Awakens.

5. Rogue One.

6. Revenge of the Sith.

7. The Phantom Menace.

8. Attack of the Clones.